How long have you been LDing

I was wondering how long people who get more than 10 LDs a month have practiced LDing?

I had 11 LDs last month (new record :grin: ), and I have been practising since the day I joined here. Some of them are low level though, but I feel that I am improving every month.

Congrats with your record Moonhunter :cool_laugh: You seem to be doing great :smile:

I’ve been practicing since April 2002. Fast progress was made during the summer of that year, but nowadays LD-rate only slowly increases. LD-quality is also improving, but very slowly. There’s time :wink:

hm you still practice your techniques often mystic? Do you own any other items that may help (journal, bwgen, light)? I envy you when you and dreamwalker compete in the LD competitions. :grin:

I was a natural lucid dreamer and got them occasionally dating back at least to age 6 or 7. However, I started concentrating on practicing them about two years ago. My LD frequency has gone up since then, with occasional draughts and setbacks. The techniques I use are a sort of WBTB with MILD (it takes longer to get back to sleep because I purposely sleep on my back). I use WILD as I start waking up from an LD and it usually helps me get another one or two.

:smile:

I practice every day: one or two profound RCs (critical examination of the environment/multiple RCs to check), about five quick RCs, intention strengthening before going to sleep and MILD. I’ve set my alarm to wake me after six hours of sleep, but this is only to remember more dreams.
Other techniques such as WBTB, Suneye, energy raising,… I only use during weekends and holidays. Other items? Hm I have a handwritten dream journal. Also bwgen, but I don’t use it much anymore… From time to time I have a cup of ultra strong Lipton Mint Tea :wink:
I used vitamin B6 about a year ago for two weeks: it gave me some ultravivid dreams but the strength of dream recall was too unnatural for me. I prefer to develop my dreaming as naturally as possible, with little or no shortcuts.
Developping LDing really takes a long time. It’s important to keep practicing on a daily routine, preferably with the same techniques for quite some time. When you do your exercises, keep focused and especially, stay aware of what you’re doing, or even stay aware of that awareness :smile:
You may come across lots of droughts but if you persist LD-rate will surely increase. But I guess you know this already :smile:

I have been going at it four months now. I have used the dream light which really hepled me get started. I do a good amount of practice each day.

Mystic , you mentioned suneye as a technqiue, what is suneye as it is one I haven’t heard of.

What is the dream light? some sort of novadreamer

Lol, I don’t, I congratulate (well I do, secretley) If you want envy, what about dream walker who got over 40 at one point.

Thanks for the feedback. It’s now 10 past 4 (WBTB)

Well, I’m a natural LD’er. I often remember my dreams even before I knew what dreams are. I thought I was doing something in my sleep. Anyways, I learned how to be lucid from my nightmares also I used it to try and rescue something that was missing of me. You could say that I was trying to seek for something inside of me that I haven’t found yet. I felt that I was missing something. That’s how I learn to become lucid regularly. Then a dear friend of mine gave me a book on dreaming that had a bonus section on lucid dreaming. :wink: I was like, ah! That’s it! That’s what I experience! I have practiced LD’s on and off for a long time. :smile: So you could say that I remember dreaming and lucid dreaming ever since I could remember.

There were even some time when I actually gave up, but then I get a super lucid level dream that got me back on the track. :smile: That’s partily why I’m still pursing LD’s. :smile: It’s my best thing… it helps me a lot. It illuminated my world when it got dark.

There you go. :lol: Sorry for the long post. :wink:

Yes the DreamLight is the Nova Dreamer

Ah, that’s what I thought. I was wondering that myself too. I wasn’t too certain. :lol: :smile: Thanks for clearing that up.

Well, basically it’s about focusing on the third eye, which lies between your eyebrows, while repeating to yourself the mantra “I will have a LD tonight”, or something alike. You have to do this while you’re falling asleep in the evening. Then, do the usual WBTB, but now wash your face a few times with ice cold water to keep you fully awake. When you go back to sleep after some time, focus back on the third eye and repeat the same mantra. This method cán give you lots of LDs but I think this also depends from your motivation/intention.

A while ago there was a big topic about the Suneye method:

part I
part II

That helps a ton.

Thank You :content:

I’ve been LDing for only a few months and I can have more than 10 a month.

That’s good :ok:

I had some dreams when I was 10 where I would realise I was dreaming and wake myself up straight away, don’t know if those count.
Started properly at about 18 when I became interested in the subject. I’m now 22 and have had 15 or less lucid dreams since then.