Reasons To Stay/Be Active On the Forum

Many people find it much fun to just follow this forum, read everything, and don’t ever post because they don’t want to. That’s just another way to be involved in a forum!

Then why bother becoming a member if you’re never going to post

To have the cookies remember which posts are new?
shrugs

I don´t mind

Im actually suprised sometimes, b/c sometimes people would be following the forum for a bit of time, and after a while they feel comfortable enough to join in. I’ve seen this case more then once, i guess its hard to state your opinon, if most people are thinking the same thing, or agreeing on the same line of an opinon. I guess it all starts of how people want there name to reflect on :eh: (that’s how i felt at first, wheni joined the forum)

670 -That’s alot of useless names :wink:

I have to agree that I don’t particularly like the big topics but I understand why they’re there and cope. Without them, the forums would be cluttered, they’re like a collection of the forum’s knowledge on the subject, if only they came in paperback. . . or had a big self hypnosis thread.

As for the zero post members, there aren’t always topics that you can contribute to, especially for poor lucid dreamers. Or they could be here for the smilies :tongue: , or the cookies :cookiemon:

I dont mind non posters either.Guess they have become members to read mainly or for whatever purpose and registered just in case one day they feel like writng.
Whats the deal about?:slight_smile:

I must be unusual, I joined the same day that I found the forum. As a new comer I found the big topics useful it collected all the information in one thread. Otherwise you would have to wade through many small threads some of which don’t really reveal the problem until you have read it.

I guess I’m the opposite of alot of people as I’ve only been here since the 23rd of December

I registered a couple of days after looking through the forum too. It seems that these non-posters make up a significant amount of our user total… So by keeping them, we can appear to be a community a lot bigger than we actually are, thereby persuading more people to join. That’s why we shouldn’t prune them out.

Not only that…
even one more person makes a difference for us all.He will say someone else,then another one ,another…more people will became familiar with the term “lucid dreaming” ,therefore there will be more noise about it,more shows,more investigations,more science experiments…spreading the word is one of the most important things if a comunnity wants to grow and develop.
Then again…swimming in our own sauce wouldnt be much progressive i guess

Good point. AFter all there hasn’t been that much research done on LDing

most of this is assuming that they are just “non-posters” many people do not sign up with their real email on forums and as we know ld4all require email activation.

Then there’s the people who joined and forgot bout us :cry:

and many things like that wonder how many of those 670 actually signed in after making the account?

I thought you had to activate your account before you appeared as a member

agree… it makes no point deleting inactive users, we will for sure not get more activity because of that… I also browsed around the forum a while, before posting… I registered advance just so that i did not have to do it later, when i actually had something to post… Seing how lazy i am, i might not have posted at all, if didnt find the opportunity to register :smile:

I often join forums that I think are interesting. Spend a few days surfing the topics. Get the ‘feel’ of the posters, their attitudes and believe it or not their maturity level.

If the atmosphere just isn’t right, or I get no response to the initial posts I make I walk away…with only a few posts to my name, sometimes none.

Some people may join and make a spelling mistake in their username, or choose a silly username and think it can’t be changed later. This forum allows username changes (not many do), they may not realise that.

As for the BIG topics. I think they are more helpful than having threads here, there and eveywhere with obscure names. If you want to know WILD methods there is one place to go look, not 500.

Fey~

yeah the big threads work very well on this site
you see them on some crowded forums though and as you reply another page has been made that kind of thing really puts me off

im not much of a poster on any forum i visit i just enjoy reading :smile:
i must admit ive made a few accounts on other forums thinking there cool only to stop visiting a week later

I have nothing against the BIG in themself… But i really do think that people should be able to also post seperate threads, if they want too… Is not like the forum is overcrowded with posts. I dont know if it is still done, but i noticed before that individual posts that was about for example wild, was moved into the BIG wild topic…

the big topics have become so big that the questions being asked in them are being repeated. I mean, who wants to look through like 40 pages of posts that don’t relate to them? I think there SHOULD be big threads, just locked threads that contain all of the basics of each method…

edit:
got off topic didn’t i. Well another motivation would certainly be support in your efforts to lucid dream, you have more er… er… exposure to it every day, so you’re more motivated to lucid dream and more likely to… i dunno.

This forum doesn’t provide the option to move individual post “into” another thread.
We have locked threads to individual post of questions that could be answered by reading the BIG topics, and we provide links to and suggest that the member post in the BIG topic. We can’t however move these post into the BIG topics.

a decent amount of people joined just to ask a question once or twice. Quite a few pages of just 1 - 4 posters.