What we might be doing wrong...

hey, remember that dude Pavlov and his dogs? he had tapped the dog’s salivary glands (sick dude :sad: ) and found that after he rang a bell before they ate, every time he rang the bell after that the dogs would produce saliva?

well think about what we do, mmkay? we are beings with brains built entirely on associations. when we try a ton of different methods of LD’ing we set ourselves up to fail because we don’t have a consistent set of stimuli. By changing our routine and trying as many shortcuts as we can and WILDs, DILDs, SILDs, WBTB, OPP, YMCA… our brains make different associations with many different stimulis; thus making LD’ing way harder than it needs to be. :ack:

Sorry if this doesn’t make sense, I’m one of those who thinks three times as fast as he types. :user:

anyone else kind of understand me? :help: if you do, you may want to illustrate this a little better for the normal people…

Thats also my point of view:)

I kinda don’t agree with it, but I agree with it at the same time. Say that you switch the techniques too quickly to allow it to set in, you know then yeah, I agree with you, but I’m talking about if someone stay with one technique for a month then switch to other technique… then I think it’s ok… especially if this person isn’t having a lot of successes with that technique.

Making senses here?

In principle we are poisoned with the information that we have.

Welcome in the new world. :confused:

(I agree with your view)

I agree with DM7… And if one particular technique really works well, you don’t even have to switch to other techniques after a month or so. Then the technique will become more embedded in the deeper layers of your mind, thus making it easier to enter the dream consciousness.

mmm if only LDing could be linked to ringing a bell…
how would one go about creating a trigger for LDing? Actually, all of our current techniques don’t have anything to do with associations I think… so maybe we could hypnotize ourselves… “when you hear this bell, the next time you sleep you will have lucid dreams” or something like that?