1 week till I HACK MY BRAIN.

Ok this is it…The big one! Well for me it is anyway. Editing my sub-conscious has been my biggest fear since I first started LDing :sad:

This is the one thing I have to do. I have a couple of ideas to try but not many. Im gonna wait a week and let anyone post ideas for me if they want to. This time next week I’ll have decided which ideas I’ll try and I’ll do it. No false memories though, thats basic.

My biggest fear can only happen if it is possible to edit. I fear I may lose lucidity (I hardly ever do but WHAT IF I DID) during my editing and I start editing things I don’t really want to!?!?!?!?!?!?

I know how I’m gonna do it. I have superb control over my dreams and everything does what I want it to so I’ll use my super laptop to access my sub-conscious (trust me :wink: ).

The only things I’m actually aware of are things like editing my physical appearence (obviously over time) and changing growth-rate…

And the big target. I want to edit my sub-conscious so that I can LD with NO METHOD OR TECH. When I begin to dream I want to be asked if I want a LD or a normal dream. If i choose LD then BANG I get a super HIGH LUCIDITY dream every time. If I choose no I get a normal dream. So if i wanted to I could have a LD everyday of my life. That is my aim. To re-program my brain to allow LD’s and allow a choice.

Some people say they’ve tried some stuff like this but I can’t find much results…post any of that stuff here too please!

Hmm…maybe I can turn my human-telepathy up a notch so its above normal and i can read people’s minds…Hey, a guy can dream can’t he? (No pun intended).

ahah, that’s what I plan to do. But with a computer laptop? I don’t know. Why not try posting some screenshots if you’re still sane :wink: of how exactly you’re hackin your brain. What I plan to do is… get into a lucid dream, drag my subconscious out of hiding and demand stuff. Gimme lucid dreams ya’ moron! You know how long i’ve been trying? You’re supposed to help me!
etc etc.
Why not try that first? easy easy. And if it doesnt work for you don’t screw up my hopes and tell me you failed. :tongue:

im sorry but this sounds ridiculous…

how in the world do you plan on effectively changing your subconscious. how could you alter anything in your brain simply from a lucid dream. this makes no sense to me at all…

sounds a lil strange

I talked to someone on chat that claimed that he could do that… He claimed he had made false memories during LD’s and even altered real life memories. I have no clue on if it is true though…
But i know for fact that subconscious is very open to suggestions during dreams and that hypnosis works much better than when in waking state… I also know that you can get false memories during normal dreams…

This is definitely something i will try out sometime…

Thats one of the reasons I originally wanted to LD. To fix things inside my brain and make it work for me. I’d figure I’d call my mind to a meeting in a LD and then brainstorm how to change things with the DCs.

Good luck to you! :cool:

i didnt know ypu could alter your sub-concious, but it sounds like a great idea. if you can call forth your spirit guid in a dream you should be able to call forth your sub-concious.
if i was to alter it, i would increase my confidence, have ld’s at will, etc.

this sounds like a really good idea, let me know if you have any revelations.

Hacking the subconcious? and calling forth a spirit guide? :neutral: - Im new here and probaly naive but this sounds very airy fairy… after looking round the forum for several hours the border between LD fact and fiction seems to be very blurred, which is a shame IMO…

I just tried to hack my subconcious, results were not very good, read my post.

Is is possible to play with memory anyway. I’ve given myself false memories and memories and their locations are controlled by the sub-conscious so theres a start. As for airy fairy…I think the Spirit Guide stuff is very airy fairy. Don’t believe it at all. Someone said this sounds stupi and it wont work or something… I think it sounds stupid too and I don’t think it will work but theres only one way to do it… I find it real scary if it does work though…what if I make a mess…?

Anyway I have to compile a list of things to do once I’m in there…
Only one I got just now is make myself have the choice to have LD’s every dream. Other than that I don’t know. I don’t have any phobias so I can’t try deleting any…

If you made a false memory…how would you know?

I made PROOF of my false memory. Except once you realise the proof the memory starts to fade and eventually go away…like you prooved it away or something. Does for me anyway…

Anyway, this is what I did:

I created a file on my PC. A text file. I wrote in it that I am going to create a false memory that night and that it never really happened. And I wrote my description of what the memory will be. Then I saved the file and didn’t touch again so it would have a date in its properties!

I created a false memory and I read my file. I read it and understood straight away but it was hard to take in as my memory seemed real then I saw the date the file was created and i KNEW and had PROOF that it was a fake memory and from that exact moment the memory started to dwindle away…

Does that happen with other people?

POST IDEAS TO DO WHEN EDITING SUB-CONSCIOUS! Be creative!

i dont believe this is possible. how can having a dream and talking with some character who you claim to be your subconscious actually alter your mind and memory. just think about it…

Hey Free Faller…
I’m still fairly new, and don’t get a chance to post much. I just take
what I find here with a grain of salt. People’s beliefs are all over the board, as it were. There’s an awful lot of ties to Spirituality and new age nonsense IMO. I’m more scientifically oriented. Believing in the scientific method, however, I have to remain open to possibilites. Just because
I haven’t experienced a spiritual epiphany doesn’t mean there isn’t a spiritual dimension to our existence. I express things in terms of probability.
I think the concept of “hacking one’s brain” is actually too simplistic.
The analogy of the brain and a computer is waaaaay over used.
We’re incredibly complex. Mind/brain/body interact dynamically.
Computers are in our life everywhere, so the analogy is used as an attempt to understand our own mental processes.
I guess sepf-hypnotism is some kind of “hacking” process if it changes your behavior, but I don’t think you can actually change the way the brain processes information on the most fundamental level, which is the way I’m taking the analogy. (Maybe I misunderstand.)
However, the concept of changing one’s genetics seems highly unlikely.
But it sure is entertaining to kick around.
Welcome, and have some popcorn!

No, no, we can’t change genetics… but we can change our behavior like you said… give us more LDs, get rid of old habits, make new ones… eat less… if we are successful we will have a new and more effective way of getting messages through to the subconscious, rather than through hypnotism or subliminal messaging.

Well, if this actually works, I would:

1. Tell myself to have an LD every night
  2. Get rid of my fear of spiders

ok im sure there some weird way to do it but what do you guys have planned. just by talking to a dream character and telling him your demands…unless theres some other method i dont see how talking to something in a dream could change anything in your mind, wouldnt there be a more effect way in waking life?

it’s not “just” a dream character. its your sub-concious is human DC form, if you can make sure it is actually them.

i’m also very interesting in this and was actually planning on doing something similar to what Pedro is planning. its true that humans only use about 15% of their brains, so why not ask your brain or subconcious how you can use the rest of it? that may not work but you don’t know until you try.

Hacking the subconcious? :bored: . Sounds like .hack//Infection or something, and before you know it someones gonna comatose :wink: j/k

/me Data Drains Pedro :tongue:

And btw, about the 15% of the brain. That mainly refers to the fact that everyone specializes in different areas. Some people are good at art, some may have good body coordination, or maybe some people write music. These are all different areas of the brain being utilized, but no human is perfectly coordinated at everything. So thats why each individual only uses a small portoin of their brain. If you combined the entire human race together, we have probably discovered a much larger portion than you think.

personally i think to stop fears or have more ld’s then your basically gonna have to change brain chemistry. Horrifying events are known to do this and also really happy and spiritual events can do this as well and i think through lucid dreams you could do this as well. You just need to plan well.

A bad trip on psychedic drugs diminished some fears i had. But then again they could also create new fears. I think this goes for lucid dreaming as well.