First (childhood) lucid dreams

A major advantage in this topic is that lucid dreams are so much easier to remember!

I would guess that most people here had a few childhood LDs. I personally had 2, one “normal” one more sort of just wierd although not strictly fantasy or sci-fi.

Am I right that most people here enjoyed those dreams and were able to make choices in them, but didn’t actually exercise the “my Matrix” sort of powers? Perhaps this wasn’t full lucidity but I don’t know yet as I haven’t had lucidity for more than a few seconds for ages!

Matrix like powers?

Well, in one lucid dream I somehow convinced another girl to :nodnodwinkwink: with me. I think those powers are about as Matrix as you can get.

One time there was an invisible wall in my dream. I thought to myself “Self, I’m pretty sure there’s no such thing as an invisible wall.” So then I was lucid, so I says to Self, “Self, that invisible isn’t there. Go ahead and jump through that entrance way.” So I jumped and smacked into the invisible wall. :grrr:

In my childhood LD’s, I did not exercise super matrix style powers, bit in alot of my childhood ND 's I excersied super powers especially when they were nightmare like

As a child I dreamt I was walking back home from my friends house opposite. It was dark and I suddenly noticed a dragon. Then I realised it must be a dream and ran straight into it, knowing I’d wake up.

Another one I’m not sure if I was lucid but I was sitting in the back of my Dad’s car at some traffic lights. There was no driver or other passengers, yet the car started moving. Something gave me the confidence to climb over the front seat and take the wheel.

i had one where i was fighting a sasquach and for some reason i thought of nightmare on elmstreet 3, the one with the dream warriors. And realized as they did that i was dreaming. and created guns and stuff. Another one was after i saw jarrasic park. raptors were atacking my neighborhood and it started with them jumping through the windows and i would try to get away but theyed get me and every time they got me the dream would start over and i’d try something else.
another one. a reoccering dream that both me and my brother had. exact same dream and we never told each other about it until his graduation. and we were finishing each others scentences. scary as hell, no reall agressor just pure terror. i became lucid in this dream at time just because i had it so often i knew it was a dream but even then i couldn’t change it. i tried to leave it but i couldn’t weird.

I realized I was dreaming once in 3rd grade so I was about 9 years old. It was the cliche naked-at-school dream. But I never felt embarrassed or scared. I immediately thought, “This only happens in dreams. I’m dreaming.” I don’t recall if I did anything about it. I’m sure that I didn’t realize the power that we have in LD’s then. But I remember this as my first lucid dream.

A couple of years ago I had an LD (I’m guessing I was about 11). I didn’t have any of the super cool powers (well, i might’ve, but it didn’t occur to me to try). I tried for the next couple of days to get the same feeling of freedom in a dream again, but I failed…

Actually, if it wasn’t for that dream, I wouldn’t belive in LDs and I’d think you were all crazy ^^.

Two LD’s I remember having as a child were one at a carnival in my family room and the other was me driving the Mach 5 that SpeedRacer drives.

Both instance I knew I was dreaming, so I kinda just did what I wanted to, not really being scared. At the carnival I just played all the games and went on all the rides. It was weird how it happened. I had a FA, and heard some music downstairs, the typical carnival music. As I walked down the stairs to our family room, I saw a stand with one of the carnival guys there, and there were a bunch of other people there too, it was like the carnival was created around the furniture in my family room. Of course after the first stand or two I must’ve actually sank into more of a dream because it turned into an actual carnival with grass and paths on the ground. That was really fun, I talked with people and rode on all the rides, won a bunch of games (i better not lose in my dreams!).

During the second one, I just drove really fast and chaotically. I was too young to actually drive, I must’ve been like 12 or 13. I sped around corners of a mountain with a big cliff face going up on my left and a big drop off out to the ocean on my right, like I was driving on a ledge. That was really fun, getting to drive before I was supposed to.

I didn’t have any LDs as a child. The first one for me was about 2 weeks after finding this forum.

I have broken my sleep in to two parts. 6 hours of night sleep and 2 hours of late morning sleep. I think of it as my dream time. After breakfast, a workout, a shawer, and some preperations for the rest of the day, cut down on stress i guess, than I go off and take my nap expecting to LD. and I get LD’s on a ration of 1/3 this way. Now I want to go somewhere with it. find a path to take, contact the super ego or the ID, I want something more out of it.

Advice? I would love some pratical advice.

All of my childhood lucid dreams were nightmares, and they weren’t lucid for long. I had found a way to wake up when I found myself in a nightmare. I would tense up all my muscles and sometimes physically push myself up from my bed in which I awoke to. The very first time this ever happened to me I was probably around 5 or 6 and I was being chased by Freddy Krueger and he sliced my back. I remember not feeling pain because it was not real. In fact, I still use this method of waking from nightmares. Just last week I found myself in a horrible situation and I was like “screw this” - woke up. With the lucid skills I have now I should have stuck around… oh well.

The only lucid dreams I’ve had when I was trying to wake myself up. It was odd, I can see my body. It’s walking and it’s black all around, and I keep trying to get to my body to wake myself up, but there was this invisible wall. I just kept banging it with my fists and yelling at myself to wake up.

I don’t remember having too many lucid dreams when I was young, but I know a few were there. Actually, the farthest back dream I can remember was when I was 4-5 years old and it was lucid.

I don’t remember the exact details but it had something to do with umpa loompas wanted to cook me (sounds kinda funny looking back on that, :lol: ) Anyway, I remember being in this all white room surrounded by them, and something just clicked in my head. Umpa loompas aren’t real… I’m dreaming. I stood up to them and yelled at them “You can’t hurt me! its just a dream!!!” They took a few steps back, and I remember running to the corner and there was this Willy Wonka teleporter. I think there was something like that in the movie, so thats where it came from. I said “bye” and went through the teleporter with the intention of waking myself up.

I woke up feeling fearless, and I THINK it was this dream that made me overcome childhood nightmares. I still had them time to time, but the amount went down dramatically for several years along with the amount of fear in them too.

Isn’t it amazing that just telling oompa loompa’s in a dream that they cant hurt you, can totally rid your life of nightmares.

and the funny thing is, you didnt even know that it would…

I had 1 LD during my Childhood, always intrigued me, but I did not know that It was possilble to induce until about 6 months ago. no Matrix like powers though.

I was at my cousins house, and I just realized I was dreaming and I got mad (I think cause I wanted to be there for real) and I kept telling everyone I was dreaming, Until I woke up.

I actually had a few LDs as a child (well, I’m basically still a child now). One was when I was on a class trick and a giant tree fell on me. I got super strength and pushed it back up, tho. I guess thats still a matrix-y sor of power.

I did have 1 lucid dream(i think) before I knew about them. I just thought “I wonder what time it is” and woke up after less than 30 seconds.
The dream was about some anime I used to watch.

I never had any untill I learnt about it. But i was curiosu about controlling my dreams.

When I was about 14 I had to get up later than my mother did, but I would wake the same time and then fall asleep again. Then I often had a weird dream where I was moving around the town at high speed. I call it “biking”, thought it was not like biking and anything at all. I was able to call those dreams when I wanted to, but only in the morning. Now I think it was something like WILD, but I am not sure. But the first real LD I had was only last year.