1 week till I HACK MY BRAIN.

That would be extrememly difficult as we take so much in…a whole trip to disneyland would be impossible. I gave myself the false memory that I was in a room the day before. A room I’d never seen before. I made it extremely detailed and knew what I did in the room. When I woke up I had that memory, I knew that at some point the day before I had really been in that room. It started getting weird when I tried to think about what happened before or after I entered the room (coz obviously I never really entered any room). Another hard one to explain, sorry! You need to be extrememly lucid to do this as it involves playing with your sub-consicous…not a novice skill methinks!

On the otherhand it aint that great anyway, it’s pointless and you can be doing much better things with your lucid time! :smile:

Are you saying that as a young child your memories were never swayed by a sibling’s sly persuading? :content:

HAHA yeah I know where your coming from! But nah it’s slightly different.

What I did was create a totally new real memory. Or even edit one. Whatever.

What your saying is different. Your sibling doesn’t persuade you to have a different memory and they don’t even change anything in your dream… but they change “why’s” and “how’s”. If something happened and you know it did then you will always know that no matter what anyone says. But if they are forceful then they may make you see those memories in a different way. They don’t change the memory itself but they can make you believe that certain things in the memory happened for different reasons and so on… ARGH why can’t you ask anything simple lol. Considering you don’t have much LD experience you are going very deep! I’m sure you will be extremely successful in your LDing days!

The thing is, did you really forget that you were planning a certain memory? The only way to check is to ask yourself “did I forget that…” but then you have the problem of the question bringing back the memory! Of course, bypassing this involves asking yourself, “did I forget that I was planning to ask myself two memory questions one of which happened…” etc. Basically the uncertanity-principle sort of logic applies here, even though this isn’t quantum :wink:.

Your making very good points!

This memory thing is getting me bored and I don’t want to continue on this subject coz this thread is for ideas for me to try when doing my experiment!

So we’ll leave it at the fact that I am sure I did it but there is no proof as it may have been an experience that seemed like a false memory but was really something else.

Don’t worry, my points have completely run out. All you need is a rebuttal for the last one and I’ll stop. Otherwise, I win against your instincts :wink:

After all this I can barely wait to start LD! Grr…

Perhaps you can try making your blind spot appear as black instead of using the remarkably good predictive/analytical powers of your brain to fill it in. Of course, you can’t prove it to anybody else, but you can prove it to yourself. However you can’t really know whether it worked until you wake up (for the same reason as why the nose-seeing RC works) and I seriously doubt this could happen.

I think the foetus might spend a lot of time sleeping - I read that somewhere - it’s certainly a good way for the brain to ‘figure out’ perspective and therefore blind spots :wink:

yarr, I’m still waiting for results and a description of how they did it! I was planning on talking to DCs, but perhaps you guys have a better method. I’mma lookin!

I don’t know how far you are into lucid dreaming, but here’s what I’ve gathered from my experience. The expression “just a dream” is equivalent to saying “just a phenomenon”. Its an oxymoron that has been generally accepted as fact in our society.

To me, lucid dreaming seems the most reliable way of controlling your brain and delving into the unconscious. I’ve been talking with a friend about meditation, and while I am very interested in that as well, it seems to be the opposite of lucid dreaming. In some forms of meditation, you are supposed to let go and lose all control, where as in the best forms of lucid dreaming you have near total control.

Talking about going in an “editing” the mind may be a little far fetched --the brain does not work like a computer, although comparisons are constantly made-- however, its been shown before that changes ARE very possible, and while it may not be as simple as point and click, I am sure you could go in there and drop some stuff in the mind and scurry out without anyone noticing.

Be careful though, this is your brain we’re talking about. I personally would not go making “demands” for anything. Persuasion seems to be more powerful than force up there.

• feed_my_BRAIN

Sub-conscious brain perfecting 2moro!

Well…maybe lol.

Pedro if u havent thought of this already i was wondering if you could teach urself stuff a lot faster by editing it in ur sub c. Like since the sub c records everything could u read through a language just 1 time. then in a LD make it so that it was common knowledge to u and you could know it all then instead of memorizing it for a couple months. ???
you seem like you have a lot going for u with being able to LD at will and be very good at it too. I hope u can make sum advances for us when we cant yet.

The idea that the subconscious “records” everything is not really proven, and if fact more recent and stringent study shows that so called memories
evoked by electrical stimulation, hypnosis, etc, are more likely to be
constructions of the mind based on individual elements of memory.
Very much like DREAMING is!! There’s no good HARD evidence that actual
memories are stored like a recording.
The mind it seems, is always in construction mode, making sense out
of the universe it experiences by interpretation and creation.
The “VCR” model of the brain could very well be just another popular myth.

So, where’s the report!!??!! :confused:

Uh-oh, maybe he hacked his brain real good… :bored:

Yeah no joke.

Well I’ll bet he’ll make his way back here some day, without conciously knowing why.
Or maybe he’s figured out how to slip over into the dream world, and leave his unconciousness in this one. If only we had a physical discription we might be able to identify him and put up posters.

Keep your dream eyes open!

• feed_my_BRAIN

well a few months later and still no report!

:cry: ohhh well

SO PEdro, where is the Report :confused: :cry:

hmm? :confused:

has he posted ANY replies since that last one?

cos if he hasnt then. well? you decide for yourself

Pedro’s brain is definitely a done deal… :shy:

If he doesnt post again, it should be a warning to all, that this is what people REALLY die in their sleep from =P

maybe he messed up and told his subcoincious to forget everything and doesnt even remember anything about lucid dreaming. or maybe even worse! maybe he really really screwed up and forgot EVERYTHING and he is just an empty body with no memory of anything and lives in some mental institute?

or maybe hes just lazy?