What are you supposed to see in the mirror

I had a lucid dream about a week ago and I happened to look in a mirror. Everything was a reflection of the room I was in and myself except my face was really demented like it was blurred or something.

If anyones seen ‘The Ring’ then my face was like what those peoples were in photos and in videos.

Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me?

I’m afraid it was just you :wink:
I always see myself as I would in real life.

i see myself but messed up. Like my face is melted away on one side. When I try to change it something else gets messed up. One time my eye fell out and was hanging. I could still see fine though. odd…

You can find another thread on this topic here
https://community.ld4all.com/t/mirrors/9062

no, its not just you, i read in another post someone who looked in a miror and his face started to take on cartoon shapes, like a cartoon nose, mouth etc…

Mirror is a “REFLECTION.” I believe that when you look at yourself in the mirror, it reveals some kind of interpretations about yourself. Like if you’re worried about losing a basketball team, then you probably would see your teeth falling out or your hair falling out (at least it is to me). Sometimes everything seems normal though. So it’s not just you. :smile: I have seen my face being blurred, messed up, or even being in other person’s face, etc.

Try walking into the mirror! :wink: It is very interesting! :biggrin:

Well, in my opinion you see exactly what you expect to see in the mirror (knowing it is a dream of course).

I was in my old room and they had put mirrors on the far wall. It was the fear of the mirror i had - i didn’t want to look in it at any cost as i felt it was “evil” in someway.

Anyways the mirror cast no reflection of people in the room the room was reflected but the people in it were there of their own accord and were not in the real room - nor was my reflection or anyother DCs cast in the mirror.

There really is nothing that you are “meant” to see usually but what you do see can often be interesting.

As pasQuale says, why dont you walk through the mirror, i’d love to see whats behind the mirror.

Brad345 its always a big surprise what you await at the other sight of that mirror…so far…lol

1. tropical beaches
  2. nothingness
    3.a stairway to nothingness
  3. zillion worlds
  4. zero gravity world
  5. other place in your ld world
  6. hypnotic trance
  7. other room in the same house
  8. an incredible gigantic empty room
  9. Being in another time ld.
  10. stepping into non rem sleep stage
  11. stepping in the stage between waking and dreaming

Jeff

When I wave my hands in front of a mirror, I get two copies of my left hand in the mirror…

Funny isn’t it?

Clarkkent that prob has to do how fast you wave motion is in front of your mirror i think?

Jeff

has anyone actually gone through a mirror “thinking” of where they would like to end up. The use of it as a portal is cool but alot of the post i read are random.

Has anyone “thought” of going somewhere they find difficult to reach by other means? then actually got there? If not might be worth trying.

Well nice to hear that it happens to other people and I’m just not some kind of nutcase lol. Mite try going through the mirror next time if i remember to.

mirrors are very interesting in dreams
my first time trying to go threw one in a LD i just jumped threw and kept going threw layer after layer of mirror till i was back where i started
i prefer to just jump threw the mirror and see where i end up rather than picturing a place and trying to get it

My reflection is always a bit distorted and I sometimes look like I’m asleep, except standing. My mind is trying to create an image of what I actually look like at that time in RL.

I’ve begun to lucid dream again finally after much reading on it, and having experienced it once many years ago. I’ve been semi-lucid many times but only recently have been becoming fully lucid. However due to much reading on the subject I was prepared to deal with mirrors. Also recalling many non-lucid dreams where my face was all distorted helped me prepare as well.

So the other night I happen across a double door medicine cabinet type mirror that made me wish it was full length so I could walk through it, but I didn’t think about the possibility of just changing it. Instead I said to myself that I’d just examine my “reflection” and it was very strange. I have hair past my collar, in the mirror it was almost as long as real life but a little shorter, as if I’d just had a haircut or something, but the face wasn’t really me at all. The features were different and morphed as I moved my face from side to side laterally. It morphed into about 12 or more different versions as I would go side to side like that and I was astounded by this. I wasn’t scared at all. In fact as I was looking and laterally moving my head I began to sing “Zoot Suit Riot” (I sing this song in real world karaoke too, lol) and just boppin along in sheer amazement.

Then the next night (night before last) I happened across another bathroom mirror and said what the heck let’s do it again. This time my “reflection” was very very characterish, almost like cartoons of goofy characters. Sort of villainish and goofy at the same time, and I would try to change it by shouting “no more goofy no more goofy” but it just kept morphing into goofy “beaky buzzard” like characters. Finally having enough of that, I wanted to be good looking (like I really am, hehe) and I shouted “Movie Star”. My face instantly transformed into a smaller face, sort of disproportionate to my body, like a miniture pumpkinhead face, but at least the facial features were not overly enlarged as before. They were too small in fact, and the face was of a much darker complexion. I grinned and said to myself out loud “THIS is F-ing WEIRD!” as I was sort of laughing about the whole thing.

Fruitburst, dude,

my first and sorta only moment of lucidity happened ages ago, i caught my reflection in my living room mirror, i saw ya know the usual, long black hair, typical girls face,
but this would be normal except the fact that i am a boy with short hair

i had a few seconds of lucidity and woke up,

just letin ya know your not alone but maybe i am :cry:

That’s funny that you’d asked :wink: I actually had a dream that a DC had 2 mirrors in front of us and he was explaining how to use them. He said think of a place taht you want to go in life that you love so much. Then close your eyes, then fall forward into the mirror. He knew i didnt believe him, he knew i didnt for some reason, so he said WATCH Me for an example and watch how i will vanish. So he did what he told me, he closed his eyes, pointed his head downward and fell into the mirror. As he feel into it, his body vanished as the broken mirror bits landed on the floor. It was like Morpheius when he traveled through the phone in the Matrix, it kind of looked like that, but with broken mirror bits.

I was amazed and tried it myself :grin:

Edit* I did end up where i wanted to go, but i forgot everything in the beginning of the dream, but later when i woke up that day i remember the mirror dream, then i remembered the re-occurring fun dream that i end up at time to time. This happened a while ago, so i cant quite remember what the place was, i want to say roller coaster park, but i can be wrong, Im searching through the archives :eek:

Whenever I check out the mirrors, which I do often, I’ve never seen my reflection. I see the room I’m in or whatever’s around, It’s all exactly the same, except I’m not there. Then I go ahead and walk through to check owt the other side. I wonder why I don’t see my reflection, maybe there’s some secret meaning behind this that lives in my subconcious. You can see anything in the mirror, I’ve heard of a lot of people seeing there faces blurred like that though. :eh: