Middle of the Day-Dreams? Weird experiences and using them..

Okay, commonly during the day, more specifically when I am tired (i don’t know why it happened today, I got 8 hours of sleep), I will often fall into a sort of daze where I just put my head back and my mind wanders.

More often than not, this leads me to a sort of dream state. I am controlling the images in my head, but I know I’m not asleep, I’m just kind of visualizing this stuff. Then all of a sudden, this is how they always seem to occur, I perform some sort of action (about 5 minutes ago I did this, I was in a city type thing and jumping over brick walls, then I decided to jump really high so I crouched and pushed off) and then I kind of mimic the action in real life. So for example, in the scenario that I parenthesized above, I guess I sort of pushed off the ground in my chair and i woke up sliding across the floor on the wheels of my chair. I kind of fell into the dream state just moments before I did the final jump.

Now what I want to know is this. What kind of dreams am I having? I start off knowing it’s not a dream but I then fall into a dream because I’m tired and have my eyes closed, and what I’m then imagining becomes the dream sequence.

Another question: I could use this to help me start lucid dreaming on a consistent basis, correct? I could wake myself up in the middle of the night and simple imagine the scenario type thing and fall asleep to it? Or would this be more effective to LD during daytime naps?

Also, another scenario that commonly takes place is I will be having the above type nap/dreams, and somehow it’ll turn into me falling off a building, or from the sky or jumping off a cliff or something, this is when I think I go from lying down to asleep mode, and I lose control of what’s happening in my mind. So I’ll be falling and then the moment I hit the ground I wake up, or I wake up just before I hit the ground. It almost feels as if I can feel my dream body falling back into my real body. Like an airy weight falls on me and instantly goes away. It’s really weird and that commonly happens when i’m lying down and not just lying with my head back in a chair or something.

Any ideas?

It sound like you’re starting out in a daydream type of thing, but then beginning to progress into the actual dream state. I don’t think you were quite in the dream state yet because there were no signs of REM such as paraylisis

At night this could probably be used to enter into a lucid dream.

i have these from time to time. one of them i was trying to fall asleep in a boring lecture and had a not-really-dream about playing soccer, i woke up almost kicking the person next to me :bored:

i’ve experimented a lil with these strange not-really-dreams and have tried to use them to become lucid, but they’re so fragile, it seems whenever i reach out and try to take the reins it fades and i’m left staring at the inside of my eyelids

maybe you’ll have more luck than me :yinyang:

Yeah i do that alote, recently though ive been constantly imagining myself launching into a wall, a door a window or whatever there is. I just have this vivid image of me jumping head first into somthing. Its really funny.

Yea, i dunno why, but when im in this type of dream, or day-dream, i always end up falling off a building or something

Okay, I think I found my solution to lucid dreaming.

I managed to have my first one ever last night by doing the technique i described above. I went to sleep at 10:00 PM and had my alarm wake me up at 3:00. I woke up, quickly shut my alarm off and just lay back down to sleep, but instead I envisioned a large room with a big “Are You Dreaming?” sign on the wall. I imagined various activities in the room to keep me occupied while I fell asleep. When I managed to fall asleep into the dream state, I managed to see the sign and the text was garbled. This lead me to a realization I was dreaming and my first lucid dream.

I’m so happy I found a technique that works for me, wow. Now I gotta figure out what to do in my dreams.

Great Hateedone8!

Means you opened a door now so u can have more lucid dreams in the future!
What u use is also a good way to perform wild.

Jeff