little experiment?

if anyone wants to try a little shared dreaming LD experiment i gladdly volunteer as the subject.

For anyone wondering what i mean - well it would require someone who can pretty much LD at will (and believing the the possiblity of shared dreams would obviously help) to basical become lucid and attempt to find me in a dream state and and tell me i’m dreaming in effort to trigger Lucidity for myself.

anyone interested in giving it a go either reply here or just try it at some point. I usually sleep around 4am - 3pm GMT

any takers?

I’ll go for it, The danger is that I might find a DC you but I will try. We should both come up with messages that only the other person knows and then exchange them in the dream just to make sure.

ALso congrats on the 500 post mark and Dream Diety rating! :cool:

I think that for shared dreaming to be possible you must KNOW the other person. Its not as simple as just talking online to arrange a meeting. I believe you must have a more physical/emotional bond to be able to convey yourself to the other persons dreams. The mother/child bond is a good example, though maybe extreme. What are your thoughts?

i used to believe you needed some kind of bond. But i realised that was just a restrictive thought - much like thinking “I must do reality checks or i will never have an LD” you truely believe something and you will talk yourself into it.

If you can travel anywhere via AP/OBE, and travel anywhere during an LD then why should we automatically believe that we would need some bond for shared dreaming.

Shared dreaming is not an easy task to start with thinking things like that (even if it is true) is just going to turn a hard task virtually impossible. In the past i have had shared dreams (accidental) with people i do not have a close bond with - but did of course know as a casual aquaintance much like the people here on this forum.

While the chance of a shared dream is a slim one i’m still hopeful. goes off to concider the bizzar dreams he had last night

Ive tried doing it a while ago and i may suggest you few hints.
First of all i dont think its necesarry to sleep at the same time…time perspective is completely different there so u dont have to worry.
Secondly make a two word password i.e smirnoff vodka.Only lding person knows it and passes on only first word if met in a dream.Then you confront it when u awake.
To make it even better make a sign after which the password will be revealed.i.e red flag.
So…lder waves red flag or flashes red light when he encounter who he believes is a partner.Once you succesfull in 'waking up" your partner you pass first word of the password.Its also better for “non lder” cuz he might go asleep thinking of watching for red signs.

Not to discourage you,my experiment failed.Dont know what was wrong but ive never got even to the point of seeing anything red,even tho i ve done it with very talented lder.
But it may work one day…
good luck:)

thats how i feel too.

I had an idea for a similar experiment back at old dream teams, not sure if it ever panned out. Anyways it goes as follows:
When you find yourself in a lucid dream, try to create an answering machine. Once you get it leave a short message with something like a password in it. For example you could leave a message saying “toaster oven” When you fade out of the dream, whenever that may be, concentrate on the machine staying here in the dream world while you seep out of it. Then, report back here and announce that you have left a message on the Dream Answering Machine. Other people will attempt to find your message in their LDs.

interesting idea not of the matrix neo.

then all i will have to do is trigger lucidity on my own :help:

Man that just rolls off the tounge! :content:

interesting i had a dream last night. Was a tornado dream - one of mine what ever i do a tornado comes to p*** me off dreams.

Anyways near the end this guy no idea who maybe just a DC or one of you :tongue: lol. Stood right in the path of the next tornado which didn’t harm him at all. Bumped me from am i dream to… ok i’m dreaming. Was rather funny when the tornado hit hit and threw him several feet onto a roof though.

Any way to the point lol, once this was up it occured to me from some reason to “create” a phone. At which point i listened to a recorded message (i’m not very good recalling text or speach from dreams just other details) but i do remember hearing in a male voice something sounding like “accepting the seriousness of lucid dreaming” not sure of the first half now - just running away from me soooo fast. if anyone knows what it should have said let me know lol.

:sad: but neways while the phone was there i left a message as Neo’s post jumped into my head, simply my nick and a word. (not going to tell you which name though haha) let me know if anyone finds its :wink: