Strange colored dots?!? ULTIMATE WILD method

I think this is probably random static caused by problems with the cells in our eyes, like someone already said. They do often seem to form shapes and stuff, but I think it’s more of a neurological thing than psychological, and it doesn’t represent anything. Although maybe I haven’t actually experienced anything quite the same as what you’re describing. The fact that you seem to be able to change their colour maybe indicates that. Or maybe that’s just imagined. Like you try to change their colour to orange, so you’re thinking about orange, so you notice more orange dots, but that doesn’t necessarily mean there are more of them.

lol “such a gift” lol

Hm…I think I know what you’re talking about since this happens to me when I’m in the dark with my eyes closed. For me, at least, they start as dots, turn into tunnels, then into a bunch of patterns. It’s been like that for at least 8 years. I’ve never tried getting a LD with it, though.

Oh! I just remembered: Last night I got a ton of dreams just by closing my eyes and concentrating at the dot thingies. :content: None of them were really lucid, but it was fun because I’d wake up right away and do it again. It really must have worked 10-20 times.

I don’t know why though. Is this what anyone else sees? Ask me if you really want me to describe it…

I’ve noticed these dots for a while. Its cool how u can change the colours and make shapes - my dots will only change between purple and neon green tho :content: but yeah i make them into circles and stuff but eventually I just fall asleep. oh well.

hmm, I can’t say I’ve ever seen these dots before. When I close my eyes and concentrate on what I see I normaly just see kaleidescope like mixes of light and dark. It’s not really colorful, just brighter areas and darker areas.

Alot of people here seem to have seen these dots, and I’d like to know of a way to induce them. Does anyone do anything special at all to see them? Any specific thoughts that run through your head as you fall asleep?

– BuddytheRat

Yeah, I don’t think the “dots” are special or really help with the lucid dreaming although i suppose people who can actually do WILD could use the “dots” to lead them into their dreams but there are many other WILD techniques which are probably more effective.

As to whether i would describe the shuteye phenomena as dots i dont know, its just sort of like static on the TV i guess but if u r good at visualising u can make the tiny dots move around/change color I guess.

ah i cant really see these dots only blurs of black and white
although i did try and change colour and saw bits of colour when i wanted to but still no dots

So, how do I damage my brain to see the dots? I noticed uting pressure on my eyes I can see dots.

“So, how do I damage my brain to see the dots?” LOL actually i was wondering same thing…i wish i had something there when i fall asleep as its usually boring experience.

Not really sure if I can see them, I’ll describe what I can:
Ok if I’m going to sleep with my eyes open for some reason, even if a have a digital clock giving off a little light it will all dissapear. First I notice this black/purple stuff kind of closing in from the outside of my vision and eventually getting to the center and covering all my vision. At this point I think I begin to see tunnel like shapes (like when you sqeeze your eyes and see the patterns, when I take my hands off my eyes but keep my eyes closed, at this point I see a “high-lighter” color yellow tunnel or cave. Eventually the black center of the expands and the yellow goes away). I think I then begin to see shapes (I dont rightly remember, havent done it in a while) but it never occured to me to try to change them. Is this what you guys are experiancing? In not how would I induce what you’re seeing?

in total darkness I get purple or indigo expanding outwards, then fading, or the same color becoming smaller. does sound like a good way to induce trance or WILD, will experiment further with it.

Usually you cna see the dots by scurnching your eyes really tight and then they start to appear, and as you get focusedon them your eyes relax but you cna still see the dots

Am i weird, but I see circles on a black background? Arranged in groups and mainly coloured red or green. The centre of the circles are black, sometimes I even get circles in the circles. The person who called them tunnels…is this the type of thing you meant?

Actually, these dots are what are commonly referred to as “astral bubbles.” As one becomes more adept at lucid dreaming, the brain is slowly regenerated to its uruic state, the state of the Masters. Astral receptors are activated as the brain waves become slower and we are able to “tune in” to the telepathic frequencies that filter through the Void from the parallel dream plane. A more advanced soul experiences the entire astral world upon closing the eyes, but a beginner will only be able to see random, fuzzy bubbles that appear in the ether.

Yes, I am making this up as I go along. :peek:

well,i see those dots (even when its dark and i have my eyes open)but can’t realy contrl them,…

I just recentley learned about lucid dreaming and such, but i recollect being in control of my dreams when i was a lot younger(about 9 years old). I have seen red dots when i am sleepy or it is dark throughout my whole life… it seems i can change the quanity of them but now the color. Is this what you guys are talking about? and if so how can i induce a lucid dream by seeing these dots?

Just keep focusing on the dots as you fal asleep and eventually they will turn into a dream scene then enter it. Basically works the same as the hypnogogic version of WILD.

first of all… Lucidity_Master … very nice signature :cool:

second … sage… you bastard… lol …, had me all excited… :eh:

But…What if you closed your eyes, and what if when you closed your eyes you saw those dots, and what if those dots formed a picture of a strange land that you’ve never been to before, and what if when you opened your eyes, you were still in that strange land? Ah, what then?

I think the technical term for dots of light you see in the dark – or when you press your eyelids – is “phosphenes.”

I don’t know about you guys, but often when I just wake up I see patterns in my field of vision that look like phosphenes.

I can’t recall ever seeing balls, but I always see fluorescent streaks zip by, like lines, daylight or nighttime. I cant control them