About those vibrations

Holy Crap! For the last week I have been using MILD and WBTB together. I have only been attempting lucidity for approximately a week. Yesterday I recieved a sign of progression. Whenever I went back to bed at around 4 in the morning I repeated “I am about to dream, I am in a dream, I am aware I am dreaming…” over and over again until I was kind of in a trance (?). All I know is that I had stopped repeating the phrases to myself and I felt these odd vibrations all over my body. The vibrations had a noticable potency and was accompanied by a noticable sound (not too loud. Sort of like an incessant thumping)

So my question is… what do they mean!? Does anybody else have them?

It means you are very close to sleep paralysis. Just relax when you get the vibes and wait until you are paralyzed and then you can roll out of your body for an LD/OBE depending on what you belive in. Or you can wait for imagery to appear in your eyes and become a dream

Thanks… I was really freaking out. However, the experience as a whole was very interesting.

The vibrations are disturbing and frightening to some, but I find it a
pleasurable experience. Sometimes the intensisty varies or there are no
vibrations at all.
I WILD a lot. I always wondered if there was an actual physiological manifestation, or just a mental perception. I went through the vibrations this morning while my wife happened to be snuggled next to me. After we
both woke up, I asked her if she felt my muscles vibrating or anything
and she said no.

The vibration as Artie J mentioned can be frightening to some people; however, like Artie J, I find it amazing thing to experience. The vibration can be of many thing. One thing I notice is that it is there to help you with the adjustments especially in deepening your trance and preparing you to enter a dreamworld. It has its own music and frequency, depending where you are in and where you’re heading for.

I’m thinking that you almost succeeded in WILD’ing, which is a good thing because WILD is other method where you fall asleep consciously. The vibration is often felt there. Next time, try be with the vibration and go with the flow. Try and enter into a dreamworld. It often will give you a super vivid lucid dream. :smile:

Good luck :smile: with it!
Dm7

“I asked her if she felt my muscles vibrating or anything
and she said no.” …thats sad story,…:smile:

Anyways to me the vibrations are also nice experience.I never heard or seen anything during those but everytime i was able to get them i had ld.
Feeling of this thick fog pulsating in my body makes me feel hmmm…strong?Powerfull?..or something close.
I guess its scary for many peiople cuz its not our everyday experience and if its the first time im not suprised if anyones freaking out:)

I’ve only had one experience with the vibrations, but no noise and it was somewhat dull. It almost felt like my whole body was “falling asleep” (like “my foot fell asleep” when bloodflow is blocked to part of body), kind of a tingling sensation. Is this what it feels like? I am hoping it was the signs of an LD, but I kind of woke up from that trance (the trance was more of a result from the ‘vibrations’ than the cause of them)

Yeah i got those vibrations about 3 or 4 nights ago, when I randomly just thought “hey this can’t be right, iv gotta b dreaming” (in my dream polar bears were chasing me round my house :eh: ) but then as soon as I realised I was dreaming everything went black/dark and I was experiencing the vibrations, I had read about it before so I wasn’t scared or anything but I tried opening my eyes which i couldnt do it was like they were glued shut, eventually I dosed back off to sleep.

The vibrations, audile/visual hallucinations, and other weird sensations are just a sign that you’re falling asleep. Most of the time you aren’t conscious to experience them, but this process happens to every person, every night. You only really notice this strange experience when you’re attempting to lucid dream, because your mind remains awake for much longer during this progression than it otherwise would.

The process begins with the total relaxation of your entire body, after which you might feel a tingling sensation in your arms and legs. As long as you remain relaxed, and don’t move at all, you should continue to the next stage. As you probably know, dreams during sleep don’t exist in the same way as ordinary daydreams in the waking state – they actually hijack the components of your brain responsible for generating sensory perception. In other words, you are actually, properly, and in every sense of the word officially seeing, hearing and feeling your dreams. The same part of your brain that receives signals from the eyes (for example), also begins to receiving signals from your imagination. Your brain doesn’t care where the signals come from - it produces the same end result either way. This is how dreams (and in particular, lucid dreams) can look and feel 100% perfectly realistic… as far as your senses are concerned, they are real.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. During this next stage of falling asleep, you’ll start to witness the beginning of the above sensory ‘hijacking’. You might hear some strange spontaneous sounds, or feel any number of weird and unusual sensations throughout your body. This doesn’t mean that your nerves are actually sending signals from random places in your body, it’s just that your imagination has taken hold of the brain’s tactile receptors, and is loading them with false stimulus. This is why other people can’t feel you ‘vibrate’ – just as they can’t hear the bizarre sounds you’re hearing.

It’s all in your head. :mrgreen:

The technical term for the images, sounds and sensations that result in your imagination taking control of your senses is Hypnagogic Imagery (HI).

They you very much Atheist. That is all VERY interesting.

Ozzie, I don’t think you had the vibrations. I had this same question at one point, but you will notice a definite difference between the tingling sensation you describe and the vibrations that occur as you are just about to fall asleep but your mind is still awake.

Some clues I get a bit before vibrations are my mouth suddenly feeling like it has turned to a frown and/ or my whole body feeling like the muscles instantly changed in some way (paralyzed, but not quite). It’s hard to describe, but it usually feels like my body has sunk an inch or two into the bed.

I had those vibrations just the other night when i stood up late to watch gotfather 2. It was really crazy, at first I was kinda scared, but then I realized that it was all in my head and took advantage of it by having a lucid dream. Another sensation that I felt was I was trying to get up, but it seemed my arms could only reach a couple of inches up. Very cool experience.

I had them again last night… but I freaked out. Not because of the vibrations, but b/c it felt like there was someone jumping on the edge of my bed. It was very scary, however, I did remember that they were probably a sign of an upcoming dream. The thought of there being someone jumping on my bed was scary. :tongue:

Atheist … thank you Very much for that very detailed explanation … :cool: it IS very interesting,. it seems like you have ALOTTTTT of knowledge and experience about this, and itz very kind of you to share that knowledge with others,
so., thanks guy, it IS appriciated Nuffff,

ILuvSesshomaru…yeh yo i’d be scared if i saw/felt something jumpin on my bed too :bored: