My little technique

Hi there!

I don’t usually post on the English forum, but this night, I found out something so cool, that I just HAD to let you guys know about it. :smile:

We all know what LaBerge’s spinning technique is about, right?
If not, find that out first ( LD FAQ ) , I don’t feel like explaining the whole thing again :wink:
But basically, it’s a technique that allows you to restore a lucid dream that’s going black.
But this night, and on an occassion some days before, I found out that this technique also works when you already woke up from your dream!

So, I recommend lucid dreamers to go to bed a little earlier than usual, so after a while, they wake up, without having to smash their alarm clock.

When you wake up from a dream, lucid or not (doesn’t matter), it is key to stay right where you are, relax all your muscles and not to open your eyes. Just act like you would if you were still asleep. Then if you apply LaBerge’s spinning technique, within 5 seconds upon awakening, there’s a bloody big chance that you’ll get sucked back into your dream again! The scenery may be slightly different, though, but that doesn’t matter. Especcially when you hate the dream you were just in :wink:

That’s basically it, guys, go ahead and have fun with it

Reactions are welcome (And I bloody hope nobody’s already discovered this technique before me. That would definatelly p me off :tongue:

Yes! I totally agree, very good method indeed. I have had big success with very similar method. :happy:
I have not tried using spinning though, but i try to imagine other physical sensations, like rubbing my hands, walking and so on… Trying to imagine physical sensations seems to work better for me, than just visualizing an image/scene in my head :happy:

Very well worth trying.
Welcome to the english forum btw

hmmm :wink: this sounds very interesting.
your in luck, i’ve never heard of this technique anywhere. if this technique is as good as you say then i’d know about it. it sounds like a great idea, but im confused :confused: . if your awake, and not ment to move a muscle in your body, then howare you ment to spin around? do you imaging yourself spinning or what???

Of course you’re supposed to imagine it.
You don’t get lucid dreams during PE too, do you? :wink:

Intersting thechnique, I will try it tonight

thanks for caring about us so much :grin:

Hey! great idea.
In a ND last week, I was caught in a situation I realy didnt like and wanted out of it, next thing I know I was spinning and ever turn I saw a differnent scene and eventually stopped in a differnent dream, what a great escape technique! :smile:

Hi
You mean you try to imagine the feeling of movement, but don´t actually move?
One time something similiar happened to me:
I awoke from a LD, and I already felt my bed under me. I was quite sure that I am already awake, but I startet spinning, and as I didn´tfall out of my bed after 5 times rolling over I kept it up and reentered the dream.
It really felt like moving the muscles of my real body, I wasn´t sure wether I was really rolling or not.

Never thought of using it after awakening from a normal dream, though, thanks for sharing :smile:

tapir

wow! great technique!

my only problem is that i usually move upon awakening. However; i was partially successful the other night. I started spinning, heard people talking in the ‘distance’, started feeling as if i were floating but then lost it :grrr: Oh well its a promising technique i’ll probably keep using.

Before I knew anything of lucid dreams, I used to wake up in the morning and be real annoyed coz my dream had been cut off, I’d keep my eyes closed and imagine the dream continuing like it had been, like I’d sort of make up the continuation of the story and id actually go back into the dream - however i didnt go back into the dream lucid but the spinning thing sounds real good, will try that :smile:

Ah yes. I once had that happen to me on accident. I was accually thinking of my dream and what I did immeaditly after I woke up, next thing I knew, I was back!

so i dont get you imagine your self spinning?

lol this is getting frustrating tried it a couple of times but i have a problem of jumping straight out of bed once awake any tips on how to stop this
i tried slapping myself in the face a few times but doesnt seem to help

The staying completely still after awakening from sleep part has been proposed as a technique on this forum before, but I’m pretty sure the spinning is your own idea (well, as far as this forum goes :content:). I wish I could find the thread.

And as for the spinning part, I’m not quite sure what you’re talking about. I only recall LaBerge talking about a spinning technique to perform once you are in a lucid dream that prolongs the dream. Can you elaborate?

I guess the action of imagining physical sensations, stimulate your brain same way as if you where doing it in dream… This seems to help me wild much more easier than visualizing dreamscene/images. I think imagining any action that involves physical sensations will help… I for example use the action of walking and rubbing hands… When i get near border of sleep, i will actually feel my dreambody and can actually just walk out of my body at some later point.

Wow, I am amazed at how well this technique worked. I will definitely be using it often. Thanks much for sharing!

Hmm… new WILD technique? I’ll DEFINATLY try this. It sounds like it just might work. Thanks :happy:

This is the first technique I learned and it works pretty well for me :happy: . I’ve tried the spinning once awake to re-enter a dream, hasn’t worked yet but I have a feeling it will.
Has anyone ever used this method when they first go to bed at night and gone straight into a lucid dream?

I did it again this night! :cool_laugh:

Result: Two lucid dreams.

I was already lucid, and I dreamt I was weight lifting.
After waking up, I kept my eyes closed and didn’t move. I imagined myself spinning and rubbing my hands at the same time (which looks really funny when done in real life). I kept doing this for about 20 seconds.
Then I imagined I moved my hand around a little until, suddenly, I again felt the weight lifting-thing I was lifting before. So I entered my second lucid dream that night.

BTW, I think you have an advantage using this technique when you’re already lucid, because when a lucid dream ends, you already know that you’re going to wake up, and that you have to freeze when awake.