Learn dutch website

I am putting together a learn dutch website. If anybody is interested in learning dutch then if you would like to put anything (Langauge related) onto the site then I am pleased to do so. This is in the aim to help people learn dutch.

I even got a free bannerless website! I want to add a forum to it eventually. I am still trying to create a homepage (that may have one small banner on it at the bottom).

If anybody would like to help create a homepage don’t hesistate to ask.

Why would anybody want to learn dutch!? lol :tongue:
And yes… i’m Dutch myself :wink: But not a big fan of our language actually…
Why dutch?? Ok I understand you’ll need to learn it when you plan to work/live here for a long time but otherwise… :bored:

Hehe, maybe it’s a matter of taste i dunno :wink: But dutch is very complex, and unlogic I think (like there are 2 words for “the” but there is no rule which says when you have to use which one, you just have to know… :bored:)

Anyway if someone has questions about dutch or holland or something, you can allways ask me, i’m here to help :smile:

Quote—>(like there are 2 words for “the” but there is no rule which says when you have to use which one, you just have to know… )

oh, ok. that just put me off dutch. If I can’t even say “the” without making a grammatical mistake I’m in BIG trouble :bored:

Good luck on your website! I’ll visit it when it’s done, but dutch is just not the language that I’m into learning right now
After Spanish and French, maybe.

I just like learning other languages. Plus there are lots of job opertunities for the type of work I like.

What and you think English is logical :cool_laugh:

OK, so lets start with English! When changing a verb to the perfect tense you must use an auxillary verb. (Confused yet?!) And then you must use a verb appropriatley changed to go in the perfect tense.

For example:
go changes to gone
jump changes to jumped
beat changes to beaten
Sell changes to sold
mold changes to molled

Can you see any good rule relation? I can’t!

Next is the horrible, oh ever so horrible spelling. For example, earlier I put:

I ask, why do they make spelling so difficult?!

Nextly there is the hundreds of phrases and verbs changed into adverbs or whatever. Lets not all so forget about the numerous, if not 99% of the English language - irregular verbs!

So I rest my case :puh:
(Sorry, couldn’t help it :lol: )

“het” is neutal “the”
“de” is mascline or feminine “the”

I have no idea how it came about like this. I’m sure I’ve met other people trying to learn Dutch on the Dutch forum.

Haha! I’m not saying that English isn’t a terrable language to learn… it is! If I didn’t speak it orrigionally, I probibly wouldn’t learn it because it’s got so many stupid rules…

I personally think that Pig Latin is the language of choice to learn. So simple. So few irregularities.

nope :grin:

the woman - DE vrouw
the man - DE man
the lady - DE dame
the gentleman - DE heer
the girl - HET meisje
the boy - DE jongen

see? doesn’t make sense whatsoever :neutral:

I heard that it’s best to learn De with noun so you memorize them.

Anyways, I love Dutch. It’s fun studying Dutch. :smile: I’d love to help you out with the website, but unfortunately I have my own projects to work on. :confused: Good luck though. I know you will do a fine job on it! :biggrin:

Ok English has it’s flaws too… :content: I know, but it sooo easy to learn :wink: but well thats mostly because working with computers/playing games, movies/tv etc. is like 90% in english so it’s all around you and before you know u speak it :wink:

Just warning you :tongue: I still think it is very hard to learn, the best way should be just to live here and learn from your experiences or something, but still there are many people who fail in doing this in Holland.

Offcourse it’s a good thing to learn other languages, i dont mean to offend anyone at all :smile: Although i doubt the number of new oppertunities you’ll get when you speak dutch. Offcourse there will be some, but I think with another language there are so many more possibilities, just not enough people speak dutch at all.

For instant German. It is something like dutch, but I think it’s easier to learn ‘from scratch’ and in Germany itself there are not many people who do speak english, or another language at all. Take TV for instance, all english spoken movies are synchronized to their own language.
So i’d say it’d be more usefull to know German and English, same goes for French actually,

But well… I’m just kinda fed up by Dutch myself i guess… on the other hand i’ve been interested in the Swedish language for some time too, which probably isn’t very usefull too but it just sounds cool… totally love it :happy:

Good luck with learning Dutch, and makig the website! :smile: so again, if u have questions or want to practise, i’m available :wink:

indeed… I remember a friend of me who was just living here for a few years, he always mixed “De” and “Het” up in words like:

the sheep - het schaap
the horse - het paard
the cow - de koe
the cat - de kat
the rabbit - het konijn

I wouldn’t want to learn to remember all these words :cry: :tongue:

You can already spell better than me!

Do you think so? or is this some kind of cynical joke? :tongue:

No really. Mind you, I can’t spell in french either. I’m destend to ever be bad at spelling.

Ah right…
I suck at dutch grammar :tongue: there is this “dt rule” which says on which word you have to use a “d” “t” or both (dt) at the end of a word. And I keep doing this wrong just because I dont care :bored: I can learn the rule, but when i’m just typing/writing I wont think of it so I keep making the mistakes :cry:

I aint good in French either… :eek: for me it’s hard to learn I think, the only thing I find easy to learn are all the words in it which are very close to the English ones :wink:

Wat? Dit is niet het Nederlandse forum? :eh:

KOFSCHIP :cool:
en stam +t

toch niet zo moeilijk?

Tsja, moet het er maar eens goed instampen ofzo, ik denk er nooit bij na en maak daar veel fouten mee. (Ik gebruik nooit dt, d of t doe ik op gevoel wel goed, maar dt niet dus)

That is why we want to learn some Dutch…you could be saying anything :tongue: :cool_laugh:

dt is niets anders dan de stam +t van een woord dat toevallig op een d eindigt.

lopen -> ik loop, jij loopT
worden -> ik word jij wordT :smile:

ezelsbruggetje: als je het niet zeker weet vervang dan het werkwoord door ‘lopen’ en als je dan “loopt” zegt is het dus wordt.

loop jij -> word jij
loopt hij -> wordt hij

moogle: ja we zeggen heel veel geheime dingen, eigenlijk over de geheime take-over van het forum door de nederlanders… pas op, we zijn overal! :peek:

Are all the posts in this forum turning into Dutch? Should I do a RC? :help:

here are some sites where you can learn dutch online:

mediatheek.thinkquest.nl/~kl044/

homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/spelling.html

dutch-101.info/

gnomjas.nl/html/dutch/ <- dutch online grammar course

taalthuis.com/eng/

veel plezier :smile: