What are you supposed to see in the mirror

Brad345 its always a big surprise what you await at the other sight of that mirror…so far…lol

1. tropical beaches
  2. nothingness
    3.a stairway to nothingness
  3. zillion worlds
  4. zero gravity world
  5. other place in your ld world
  6. hypnotic trance
  7. other room in the same house
  8. an incredible gigantic empty room
  9. Being in another time ld.
  10. stepping into non rem sleep stage
  11. stepping in the stage between waking and dreaming

Jeff

When I wave my hands in front of a mirror, I get two copies of my left hand in the mirror…

Funny isn’t it?

Clarkkent that prob has to do how fast you wave motion is in front of your mirror i think?

Jeff

has anyone actually gone through a mirror “thinking” of where they would like to end up. The use of it as a portal is cool but alot of the post i read are random.

Has anyone “thought” of going somewhere they find difficult to reach by other means? then actually got there? If not might be worth trying.

Well nice to hear that it happens to other people and I’m just not some kind of nutcase lol. Mite try going through the mirror next time if i remember to.

mirrors are very interesting in dreams
my first time trying to go threw one in a LD i just jumped threw and kept going threw layer after layer of mirror till i was back where i started
i prefer to just jump threw the mirror and see where i end up rather than picturing a place and trying to get it

My reflection is always a bit distorted and I sometimes look like I’m asleep, except standing. My mind is trying to create an image of what I actually look like at that time in RL.

I’ve begun to lucid dream again finally after much reading on it, and having experienced it once many years ago. I’ve been semi-lucid many times but only recently have been becoming fully lucid. However due to much reading on the subject I was prepared to deal with mirrors. Also recalling many non-lucid dreams where my face was all distorted helped me prepare as well.

So the other night I happen across a double door medicine cabinet type mirror that made me wish it was full length so I could walk through it, but I didn’t think about the possibility of just changing it. Instead I said to myself that I’d just examine my “reflection” and it was very strange. I have hair past my collar, in the mirror it was almost as long as real life but a little shorter, as if I’d just had a haircut or something, but the face wasn’t really me at all. The features were different and morphed as I moved my face from side to side laterally. It morphed into about 12 or more different versions as I would go side to side like that and I was astounded by this. I wasn’t scared at all. In fact as I was looking and laterally moving my head I began to sing “Zoot Suit Riot” (I sing this song in real world karaoke too, lol) and just boppin along in sheer amazement.

Then the next night (night before last) I happened across another bathroom mirror and said what the heck let’s do it again. This time my “reflection” was very very characterish, almost like cartoons of goofy characters. Sort of villainish and goofy at the same time, and I would try to change it by shouting “no more goofy no more goofy” but it just kept morphing into goofy “beaky buzzard” like characters. Finally having enough of that, I wanted to be good looking (like I really am, hehe) and I shouted “Movie Star”. My face instantly transformed into a smaller face, sort of disproportionate to my body, like a miniture pumpkinhead face, but at least the facial features were not overly enlarged as before. They were too small in fact, and the face was of a much darker complexion. I grinned and said to myself out loud “THIS is F-ing WEIRD!” as I was sort of laughing about the whole thing.

Fruitburst, dude,

my first and sorta only moment of lucidity happened ages ago, i caught my reflection in my living room mirror, i saw ya know the usual, long black hair, typical girls face,
but this would be normal except the fact that i am a boy with short hair

i had a few seconds of lucidity and woke up,

just letin ya know your not alone but maybe i am :cry:

That’s funny that you’d asked :wink: I actually had a dream that a DC had 2 mirrors in front of us and he was explaining how to use them. He said think of a place taht you want to go in life that you love so much. Then close your eyes, then fall forward into the mirror. He knew i didnt believe him, he knew i didnt for some reason, so he said WATCH Me for an example and watch how i will vanish. So he did what he told me, he closed his eyes, pointed his head downward and fell into the mirror. As he feel into it, his body vanished as the broken mirror bits landed on the floor. It was like Morpheius when he traveled through the phone in the Matrix, it kind of looked like that, but with broken mirror bits.

I was amazed and tried it myself :grin:

Edit* I did end up where i wanted to go, but i forgot everything in the beginning of the dream, but later when i woke up that day i remember the mirror dream, then i remembered the re-occurring fun dream that i end up at time to time. This happened a while ago, so i cant quite remember what the place was, i want to say roller coaster park, but i can be wrong, Im searching through the archives :eek:

Whenever I check out the mirrors, which I do often, I’ve never seen my reflection. I see the room I’m in or whatever’s around, It’s all exactly the same, except I’m not there. Then I go ahead and walk through to check owt the other side. I wonder why I don’t see my reflection, maybe there’s some secret meaning behind this that lives in my subconcious. You can see anything in the mirror, I’ve heard of a lot of people seeing there faces blurred like that though. :eh:

Lol I see myself most of the time in the mirror in a dream.
sometimes my face changes into another persons, sometimes not and sometimes i see no face at all in my dream mirror.

Jeff

I have looked in a mirror twice. Once i looked mostly normal but one eye was a little higher up than the other. The other time grew and started looking like a werewolf.

Lol Jarod maybe you forgot to shave? :happy:

Jeff

Okay, last night in my dream I looked into the mirror in the bathroom of this house I was in, and I looked pretty normal. Nothing really blurry, although my neck was cut (don’t ask, it was a dream :wink:). Interestingly, when I did my RC, looking at what I wrote on my hand, my actual hand was extremely blurry, but I could see the mark on my hand perfectly; it was moving around, so I knew it was a dream.

Forgot to write that i got lucid both times i looked in the mirror.

I look like I do in real life (minus a crap hair do or whatever it is that’s bugging me at the time)

Lol, I’d like to share one of my most bizzare experiences with dream mirror. I just thought of it and thought you might want to hear about it.

It was so long time ago though… my vividness of it has faded out, but I will try my best though. I dreamt that I’m walking nowhere in dark, cold night on the street. There happens to be a mirror in front of me. I feel so out of style (I think I am depressed due to whatever has happened IRL). I walk in mirror’s reflection area and see myself as an alien. It is freaky. I look like I’m made out of energy, but the energy matter is actually black. Then suddenly, the polices come. I know that since I’m an alien, they will want to capture me. I start running and running for my life. I wake up with a horrible sweating and I recall that I had a horrible day that day.

It was nightmare-ish to me at that time. It was so freaky and strongly reflected of what I was feeling at this time. That’s why I believe that mirror actually means a reflection of yourself and how you feel inside. You know what I mean?

The one time I saw myself in a mirror I looked like I did in RL.

I have never looked into a mirror in a LD. Just have not thought about trying that experiment yet but it is on my list of things to do in a LD. I have looked in a mirror during a normal dream and I would see myself but, nothing else and I would always look some what distorted.