Abortion. Your thoughts?

lol. HUGE TYPO. “Sex with condoms or masturbation alone will never result in producing another life form” Neither will abortion. I meant it in the sense that it isn’t a life but only a potential life.

But it is life! How could you claim it’s not alive?

Using contraception is a method of preventing the initiation of life, whereas abortion is the method of killing the already existing (and perhaps accidentally initiated) life.

smacks head What’s wrong with people? :confused:

Ugh, you dont understand. We established that it is literally alive. I’m saying it doesn’t have a consciousness and so I dont find it to be “alive” alive. It is the potential of a thinking human being, but at that point it is not.
smacks Ath’s head What’s wrong with people :confused:

It is for sure life, but no more life than a brainless plant/tree… I think it is only wrong if it had developed consciousness, which an early fetus lacks…

Neo, I do understand your position. It’s exactly the same as mine, as I stated way back at the beginning of all this. I just felt you weren’t very clear when you said “IT IS NOT LIFE”. Which you did, several times. That’s all.

Okay, gotcha.

My post was not a joke, but instead an illustration of the absurdity and intellectual dishonesty of those who support things such as abortion and euthenasia.

I believe that all life is precious. I even stopped hunting many years ago because I believe that it is wrong to kill any animal for pleasure alone.

But if you read my post, think HARD about what I’m saying, and decide for yourself based on LOGIC whether or not it would not be a consistent argument for an evolutionist who is intellectually honest.

How many times have we heard “survival of the fittest”? Or is that statement only an axiom when it’s convenient?

Does anyone understand what I’m trying to say?

Just thinking, is anyone else here against abortions? The way i see it, the killing is bad enough, but why use the most inhumane methods possible? They force the baby to suffer, instead of it dying peacefully. For example, they insert a suction tube into the pregnant woman, then switch it on, and it sucks the baby up alive, pieces being ripped off, until only the head is left, which is crushed with forceps then pulled out! I don’t care what anybody says, that is a HORRIBLE way to go!

Hooolyy sh*t :bored:
I never knew that there was a method like THAT :eek:

That’s the method that I know of, but nevertheless, a am pro-choice. It is pretty horrible, and I would never ever want to see an abortion happen, but I feel that it is a woman’s right.
Also, if it is a full term abortion, these women are not getting abortions because they changed their mind, they are getting them because there is a serious threat on the women’s lives if they have the baby.

Not necessarily. Some people have abortions, simply because they do not want a baby yet. Or because they don’t have the money to look after the child, but the most common is that they don’t want a baby, over 90% of people, in fact. Also, there are many other types of abortion. Most of them have info that could be found on the internet. In fact, for any abortion info, i would reccomend www.abortiontv.com which tells you everything you could want to know. Except the stuff i need for my RE essay. dammit.

I definitly am pro choice, but if I were in a situation where I was faced with having an abortion done, I couldn’t do it. I would consider adoption as an alternative.

90% of total abortions I can believe, but 90% of third trimester abortions? When people have an abortion that late, it’s not about deciding you don’t want it.

Actually, if you read one of the letters by somebody who had an abortion, one of the people in the waiting room left it late to save money. She was 8 months pregnant.

I think everyone deserves a chance at life. Especialy now, and days when things are getting so enteresting.

Regarding abortion methods, there are 3 main methods. The first is the suction method, as stated above. The second is similar, in the sense that the doctor essentially puts a scalpel in the womb and cuts the baby up, the woman then delivers the parts instead of a live baby. The third is a saline injection method. In this, saltwater is injected directly into the brain, and the mother delivers a dead baby as well. That is why I don’t support abortions. It is inhumane and irresponsible.

Yep, that is the main reason why i don’t support them. Also, the baby dies painfully, and suffers a lot before it dies. For example, if you ever see the video “silent scream” on www.abortiontv.com you will see just how much the baby panics. They performed an abortion, and they watched the baby through ultrasound. The baby was literally trying to drag itself to safety. It was in extreme pain, it was panicking, basically, it didn’t want to die.

No one really supports abortion, per se, but rather the right to have them. They are a nasty business, but I feel that the right should be there.

but fiver … what about the equal right of the baby :eek:

Deciding whether or not abortion is right or wrong is not my descision; it’s the choice of the woman who has the baby. But I can openly oppose abotion after the second trimester. THAT is murder.