Was your first LD your favorite LD?

I’m not talking about those first breif moments of lucidity. I mean the first full concious LD lasting more than a couple minutes. Do you think this was your best experience? The first time I was fully concious in a dream I thought it was the most amazing thing I ever experienced. However, it seems that after that first one, they weren’t as amazing since you have been in the situation before. They were still all fun and interesting trying new things, but in my opinion the first time is definitly the most stunning.

I’m one of those who started having LD’s naturally, as a kid. My first LD’s were nightmares and stuff, and for the next few years I had the occasional LD where I would fly around. I started to really get into LD’s though, about 2 years ago. LD’s always amaze me, but I guess if you had an LD for the first time it would really knock your socks off.

Like Monitor, I also had these lucid nightmares. Those were pretty low-level. though, so my first “real” LD occured two years ago.

I don´t think it is my favourite LD. At the end, I had this FA, and a women told me I am still dreaming. This was by far the most “shocking” experience I had with lucid dreaming, and I like it alot, but my favourite LD is one in which I flew around and tested all my senses.

tapir

My first lucid dream was awesome. It was my first time flying. It lasted a while too. I flew over a bunch of different places like a forest and I followed a river for a while. I flew high and low, and fast and slow. hey that rhymed.

It sounds like you are getting bored with being lucid. Maybe you are not trying enough stuff out in your dreams. There is always something new and interesting to try every LD. Just read around the forums for great ideas and maybe look at the research area and participate in some of the experiments.

no, it wasn’t, but my favorite was one of my very early ones, say the 3rd?
if i had it today i would hate it but when i first reached that level it was astounding.

It’s not that I’m getting bored with being lucid because I still have a list of like 20 things to do in LD’s. Its the fact that I can never keep them going long enough to accomplish much. My first real one was probably the longest and most vivid, but they seem to be getting shorter. I can’t seem to break that three minute barrier I have with LD’s. I’ve tried all the dream stablizing techniques, but it only keeps it stable for about a minute.

Yes, simple because I had finally done it.

Well, I just had to come on here and boast about my latest efforts.

Cos if I’m gonna tell anyone who cares, its gotta be in these forums, right? :tongue:

I had my longest LD yet the other morning. I sustained my awareness of being asleep until I was exhausted and made the conscious decision to stop and return to normal dreaming, cos I just couldn’t concentrate any longer.

It’s hard to say how long i was LDing for, because I moved thru a few different scenes and spent a bit of time observing things.

I really feel that this was a breakthru for me, and that it might b easier to sustain LD awareness from now on.

HOpe so, anyway :smile:

I too had just a few lucid nightmares as a small child, but I would usually concentrate on waking up, or fighting the monster…

My first big one was similar to Mtoker’s, cept I just flew over a forest. It was pretty cool though, plus I told my self I would have that lucid dream. (My family and I were riding in the car for like 7 hours, so all I could do was look out the window. After oh say 4 hours we saw these HUGE beatiful forests so I thought to my self “Im definatly gonnna fly over here tonight!” And I did) I still have yet to get over the thrill of flying :content:

Nope, my first full blown LD wasn’t my best one :smile: Nothing interesting happened: I talked to my mom and let her do some RCs and before I woke up I observed meticulously the reality of the environment.

My first LD was dissapointing. and the second. And a few more. I was lucid, aware, plus I could control stuff. Somehow it was still very “dreamlike” and not very vivid and stuff…

Then BOOM! I had my first HIGH-LUCIDITY LD!

One of the greatest experiences of my life! I’ve never been so happy, had so much fun, learned so much and I’ve never had a dream that was so vivid! It was only then that I realized my other LD’s don’t count as they weren’t proper LD’s yet! Your first REAL LD is amazing! Well, mine was anyway!