Hi, Im New Here

Hell all. I have been browsing around the site for 2 days now and i am very interested in this new concept to me, lucid dreaming.I had not really remembered much of my dreams before a couple days ago.The first morning after i found this sight, I layed in bed and remembered a part of a dream i had had that night.The next morning of doing the same i remembered about 4 times as much of a dream than the day before.I think im off to a good start but id like to know about how long it will take before i recognize a dream sign? Or any suggestions on recognizing dream signs? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks :smile:

Start with a dream journal, it will allow you to compare your dreams looking for Dream Signs. It also helps you track your progress and to train your brain to recognize/remember dreams. A journal is a real pain but can yield some great results.

There is a ton of information on these forums about Dream Journals. Just use the search feature.

The time it takes to recognize dreamsigns can vary greatly. It depends a good amount on the effort and work you put in during the day watching for dreamsigns and being vary observant. Like most of us you are probably used to just sleepwalking through your dreams without worring about them. That’s what makes getting Lucid a challenge, you have to learn to be critical in your dreams.

I beilieve that if you taught LDing to someone from a young age they would not have such difficulty. It is sort of like learning a new language, if you are taught the language when you are young it is easy, but later in your life it becomes much more difficult to learn. This is why I am going to teach LDing to my kids at a young age.

Good Luck
LM

I’m sure you’ve heard of this book mentioned on this forum already but a really good buy would be Stephen LeBerge’s Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. There is a section filled with examples of people’s lucid dreams and the dreamsigns which help them to become lucid. He also explains the best way of catagorising your dreamsigns in your dream diary in order to identify the main types of signs you have. He also has some good ideas as to when you should carry out reality checks during the day, eg. everytime you hear the phone ring. I’ve found that this book is full of lots of useful suggestions and methods, as well as some interesting examples of lucid dreams. Keeping a dream diary will certainly get you noticing what your dreamsigns are though. Good Luck. :smile:

Welcome and good luck.

Although a little tip, check the stickied topics. This probably should have been posted in the BIG Hi I’m New Here thread. Don’t be alarmed a mod will lock the thread, then you will be put on a probationary period in which the rest of the forum is cordially invited to randomly appear in your dreams and mock you. J/K :tongue:

But the BIG stickied threads have lots of useful information be sure to eventually check em out. :content:

:happy: :grin: If there’s going to be a cordial invitation I’de be happy to turn up! :tongue: People from ld4all.com coming to meet me is a good dreamsign!

A dream journal sounds like a great idea, i will deffinitley start one up. Thanks for the help. :smile: