The Wikibook || Odd comment

lol, thanks for the compliment :wink:

Actually I like the idea behind wikis very much, and I think it would be nice if there was a “LD4all wiki”, I am just not very used to it yet.

tapir

:cool: Sounds like a great idea, exspecially for people knew to lucid dreaming. I’m sure everyone here will help out, myself included

DA: That is fun! Wiki, wiki, wiki… :lol:

ah ha! :wink: … nooo, thank you. :content:

Neo: :lol: we sound like bad rappers.

r3m0t, If you get something started I’ll try to add what I can when time permits. At the moment I feel like I have spread myself thin, and seem to be juggling too many projects already. Sounds like a great idea though!

By the way, a wiki’s name doesn’t have to start with wiki. Or have wiki in it. It could well be the “Lucid Dreaming Wiki” or “ld4all wiki”.

But I had an idea - it could be shared with some of the larger websites about astral projection, shared dreaming, near-death experiences, etc.

On the main page it could have a few links (“Lucid dreaming”, “Astral projection” etc) which could have more (“Reality Checks”, “Dreamsigns”, “Dream journal”, “Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming”…)

I will try to set up a wiki ASAP (which isn’t very soon because I am not allowed on the computer at home until Saturday. Hopefully, though, I’ll get it started earlier.) I’ll post the URL and send pasQuale a username and password as an administrator!

sounds cool r3m0t :smile:

i don’t know how much diskspace a wiki takes up but i can host it on ld4all and make a wiki.ld4all.com domain for it :smile:

I’ve set up a list of terms at https://www.lucid-dictionary.150m.com You can nick loads of terms from there, they are all ordered alphbeticly.

I hope the encyclopedia will look better than my website, and that the game doesn’t cause a problem. (On my website)

After some consideration I have decided to custom make a wiki. I’ll post with progress later.

After some more consideration I have decided not to custom make a wiki. Instead I have started a Lucid dreaming wikibook with what I think is a fairly good plan. A super-short explanation of how to edit anything follows:

[code]Click the “Edit this page” link at the bottom or on the left side of the page. Then just type in whatever you want wherever you want. Here are the codes:

==Big heading==

===Subheading===

Horizontal rule follows:

‘‘italics’’ or ‘’‘bold’’’

Read more about [[LD Dream Recall|dream recall]]. (link)
[/code]

I recommend you sign up - it’s very simple :wink: - before making major contributions.

Sounds like a nifty idea. Do you have to sign up in order to make additions to page? Not that I have anything against signing up. :smile:

They never send you any emails etc. and all you need to put in is username and password (not even email!).

But yes, you can edit anonymously. If you don’t mind your IP address showing up that is. Of course, signing up is basically anonymous, without even an email address…

bump have done a bit more work on it. Too early to estimate how much is completed though. :sad:

Wondering if we can edit things yet? I know we CAN, but would you mind at this point. For example the Glossary says right now its just a list so I’m a little confused if I should put definitions or just enter more words or what… :help:

Yes, of course you may edit! The wikibook doesn’t belong to anybody. If you do anything bad by accident the old version is kept and I’ll revert it. :smile:

I added a bit in remembering dreams section. I’m really going to start on the weekend :smile: Looks good!

How do you use the ‘Revert’ feature? I can’t find the latest edits for JUST the lucid dreaming wiki, it lists all changes to all wikis when I look at it!! Oh I added some stuff… we should make a sticky (but locked) post just like that…

Haha check out this page, it’s the guide on wikibooks for editing stuff: https://www.activitydir.com/public/wiki/view.php?page=Editing%20guide
I just think it was kind of funny…

edit: I also have a question is it possible to create links to new pages (and create the new pages as well)?

That isn’t wikibooks, wikibooks is here: wikibooks.org
Click on “English” then on “Lucid dreaming” under “Miscellanous”. Alternatively, type “LD” or “Lucid dreaming” into the text box at the top-right and click on Go.

Or click here: wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

As you can see, quite a bit is already done!

infection0: If you just want edits in the lucid dreaming book, you need to register (it’s anonymous) and login. Then go to every page about lucid dreaming (there are only six or so :smile:) and click on “Watch this page” on the left. Then, click on “My Watchlist” on the left. It’s like Recent Changes, but only for the pages on your watch list.

Reverting pages: see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: … er_version

Edit: I think I’ll repeat this one more time - be bold in editing pages!

By the way, whoever copied the descriptions of MILD and WBTB from elsewhere in the forum, please be a little careful! This sentence got into the book:

Although the wikibook will mostly have people from ld4all.com editing it, it doesn’t belong to ld4all.com! It is strictly the property of nobody and everybody.

Don’t worry, I corrected it.

darn it lol i messed up. Sorry! Thanks for polishing up my typing. I realize the style of writing I did wasn’t as bright as yours…

That’s OK infection0. Now I’m thinking “if all I needed was a few tiny edits to get me writing several pages - why didn’t I just do those tiny edits myself?” (look at the new Induction Techniques page! :bored: )

I think I’ll put up a progress report and edit it every now and again and I’m starting now. Last updated this 3rd March.

Edit: The main page now has status indicators. Wahey!

so it is really a huge manual on lucid dreaming? with everything you can think of terms how to why etc?