Child License

This could possily be a very contaversial topic and I imagine there will be many people that disagree with me, anyway lets not kill ecah other

Here is my opinion:

I believe that if you wan’t to have a kid you should have to get a license. AFter all parebting is one of the most difficult tasks adults take on, and what does it require NOTHING.

In order to get this license I believe you should have to show 3 things

1)That you have the training/knowledge to raise a baby.
2) That you have the financial support to care for a baby, babies born in a poor area usually have a crappy life and often become bums
3)That you are mentally able to handle a kid

After demonstarting these things you get your license. Also if you have a kid without a license and are discovered IMO the parents should be spayed or nudored, in the case of rape it would obviously be just the rapist.

heh heh… at road stops if you had a kid in the car you’d have to show your drivers licence and your kid licence… ‘I’m so sorry! I forgot my Child Licence at home!’

The problem with this is that, when people who DON’T meet the requirements get pregnant, what do you do? You can’t force them to have an abortion, that’s immoral! You can’t give the kid up for adoption, or else the adoption agencies would be swarmed and this baby wouldn’t have a good life after all

I think it’s a good theory, but it wouldn’t work if we put it into action

If they get pregnant, they get to have the kid yes because it would wrong, immoral unfair for abortion or adoption but after that the parents get spayed or nudored

but after that the parents get spayed or nudored

lol! and that’s not ‘wrong, immoral and unfair’ as well?

Personaly I don’t think that is wrong especially considering we do it to animals all the time

I totally disagree there… There is so many different definitions on what a “good” parent really is… I do not think that anyone should take of a child though, like for example people who have comitted brutal murders, abusing child and so on…

I’ve often held that opinion myself, that you should have to be licensed to have a child. There are a lot of pieces of dirt out there then should never be allowed to have a child… I know this personally.

The problem is in the implementation. Who decides what the standards are for a “good parent”? And how to do you prevent people from having a kid. The ones that you would want to prevent from having a child are the ones who don’t care about laws, etc… and usually end up getting pregnant at 15.

Most of the young teenagers who accidentally become pregnant these days are themselves the result of inadequate parenting. I went to school with several girls who, at the time, I knew to be living with a single parent struggling to afford simple necessities. It’s no surprise that I’m now hearing stories that most of them have kids already. Quite simply, if we stopped parents who clearly aren’t able to support a child from having one, we’ll also see an end to many of these other related problems, such as teen pregnancy.

Indeed, what can we do when someone becomes pregnant by accident? Every possible solution is going to attract harsh opposition by most people. Do we abort the ‘accident’ and forget anything ever happened? Do we allow the birth to continue, then swiftly remove the child from its mother and house it in a facility intended for the purpose? Do we supply the parent with care funds to make the best of a bad situation (over my dead body)?

Personally, I like the idea that parents are only allowed a certain number of children, after which point they both undergo procedures to prevent fertilization a subsequent time. I’d rally to set the limit at 1, but my powers of estimation hint to me that almost nobody would be at my support – so, I’ll compromise at 2. After your second child, it’s off to the hospital with both parents. In fact, since the mother is ideally already at the hospital, it can be done right there and then. “Congratulations, ma’am! I see this is your second child. Just relax, this’ll only take a minute.”

Naturally, the above process is subject to the list of criteria mentioned in Lucidity_Master’s initial post. No parent failing to produce what would be lawfully considered an ‘adequate’ income is permitted to breed. An official declaration (or ‘warning’) of the unsatisfactory condition would cover the lawful abortion of an illegal child. There’s virtually no excuse for falling pregnant unless that was your intention. If you’re prepared to claim that your approved method of contraception was faulty, or that you were raped, you can take it to court.

If this proves too unreliable, no problem, we can just make sexual intercourse illegal until both participants are certified on paper. Treat sex and reproduction as the same thing – rightfully, I might add.

The implementation is simple - fine heavily any couple which has a second child (like in China). Rich couples in China have the choice to have a second child and they’ll “survive” the fines.

Why only 1 child? I love being in a family with 3 children. I would be both spoiled rotten and bored if I was the only one. Why only 2? 2 is better than one :smile:. I can’t argue 3 is better than 2 - they’re about the same I suppose - so I’ll leave it at that. On the other hand, some families can have 3 children and still spoil them rotten! Spoiling people rotten isn’t a good thing. :grrr:

Ahh i have seen this topic on a forum called “willows open forum”

A child is nothing that can be trained for and the knowledge? what do you mean by this you can have all the knowledge in the world but babies if you haven’t noticed do stick to rules like a trained animal.

The best training in the world for kids is to have them, that is the only way to learn. I’m sure there’s a few parents here with more than one child that can tell me whether what i am about to say is true: “No child is the same in raising, same parents, same environment but the a 2nd child will need different nurturing than the 1st.”

Either way, something else you don’t seem to take into account is that you are basically saying people cannot have sex. I’m sure there’s people here that know that there is no such thing as a 100% reliable contraceptive - by experience everyone else probably knows that anyways.

So what happens does this mean we have to abstain from sex unless we want a child and have appropriate licence to do so?
What happens if the contraceptive fails? Do the poor parents have to be made unable to have children by something that wasn’t their fault?
If this is a loop-hole then whats to stop people from claiming this happened? There is no way to know for sure and people are obviously get accused when it truely was an accident just like when we had the death penalty.

Then what about people who move to this country who have children? Do they have to pass a parent/child test before we let them in? People would would leave the country and have kids and if/when they want to come back what do they do?

Also what if a woman wants a child so badly she sleeps with some guy then “claims” he raped her? Does the poor guy get the snip because he didn’t know what she was upto? Will the poor guy goto jail because no one believed him?

While the idea holds promise there is no way to put it into action and right now it would cause more problems than it would ever solve.

Also just thought i would add, just because people pass the test doesn’t mean they are good parents. Like a driving test a little effort and people can pass a driving test - but once they have the licence they do as they will so tests and licences do not make good parents/drivers or anything else.

Imagine making a woman unable to have children because of something not her fault then a few years later find out she was innocent afterall? That poor woman connot have kids ever again how would you make it up to her? Adoption is a possiblity but having children and having your OWN children is a very different thing even though people may say it’s not.

I think any members here who have both their own children and/or adopted/step-children will understand what i mean by that.

The 2nd child idea is a bad idea IMO those “2nd” children used to be poorly treated and abused - but is it really their fault? They weren’t even born and they got the ■■■■. At least that’s what i was taught in school - while this most likely is not the case anymore (at least i hope not) if it was ever true it could be a bad thing to adopt. While most people wouldn’t do things like that some do and these people will always exsist.

I don’t think that is faire or moraly right. Would you like being neutered by force if you accidently had a baby. Won’t males run away from the situation, cliaming it wasn’t them.

It seems that all of these options restict freedom. Wouldn’t it be cheaper to put yet more education into sex etc.

DNA testing.

The problem in england is that some teens seem to think being a virgin is a bad thing or because of lack of eductation they adopt the meathod of “try it and see” something all animals do including humans.

So better education BEFORE high school i feel is a good step, my first sex ed lesson was 2nd year in junior school (age 9ish) and this lesson was better than anything i had in high school so for that teacher i have much thanks for and i am willingly to say that here doing these lessons could be part of the reason i never had sex during high school.

Most sex ed classes i’ve had involved contraception and babies, which seems to be the norm. However what this lesson had involved the nature of sex. IE: done between loving couples, not simply just for the hell of it and because it was at an early age it stuck with me - the nature of humanity is to learn giving these types of lessons at a young age so that the young mind will assimilate it. This is a form of brainwashing but for a better purpose.

Many people are embarassed about virginity, as a 22yr old virgin i am actually proud of the fact i made it out of high school with it. My personal views partly due to sex ed, is that i would much rather lose it to someone i truely love than the first cute girl that liked me.

My reason as to meantion it is to point out that NO parent can be blaimed fully for a child who is a little misguided. My parents told me very little to do with sex &/or reproduction they adopted a more ask if you want to know approach and i like to think i came out just fine lol.

A child learns and assimilates knowledge from all sources not just parents but everyone they encounter including school, tv, comics etc. It’s just a matter of which source the knowledge comes from first.

Yes I agree, before high school. You mean secondary school right?

I asume the money for this will just appear, expecialy in baby booms.

I think education is the answer. Well I’m still a virgin. I am even an LD virgin, although I have never been able to get close anough to loose it. Many of my friends cliam not to be, but I’m sure half of them lie. I’m not that desperate though plus I always have LDs.

I also think that schools should teach the whole lot of sex education, not just reproduction. I don’t hear them talk very much about dangers. E.G. Pregnancy, how to check for testicular cancer etc.

A kid of eight once told me he had had sex and had a baby. I asked him wether the doctor had determined wether he or his girl friend was carrying the baby. He said he was, lol.

I agree on a child limit, but one child is too little… As discoveries show that it is actually healthy for kids to have a brother or sister during their growth.

Interesting topic.

In my opinion, a person is not given the right to have a child from the government. By contrast, the government owns the roadways and therefore you must have a driver’s license in order to be allowed to use the roads. That’s a matter of public safety, but the right to have your own children is a different story.

Nevertheless, while people have the right to have kids, there is still the kid’s safety to consider. But I think our governments have made a good compromise on this issue, with social services. A child is only taken away from its parents if they are proven to be unfit because of verifiable child abuse or neglect.

In my opinion there shouldnt be any licdences but different approach would be good.I like thwe way kids are maintained in “primitive nations” like the ones in amazon jungle and similar.Parents arent forced there to take care of kids.Everyone is…whole society takes care of them,usually older people cause parents are either kids themselves or busy with getting food.
That takes alot of stress off the parents shoulders,they can go on with their life,keep learning and eventually they get tp take care of thweir kids and others naturally.

They don’t have money to buy nice things though because they tend to be younger developed in society (avioding the word primitive). Also, I doubt old people will want ot pay £80, 000 (a lot) to help maintain kids.

Old people would even gladly pay to have such opportunity:)
Look at the swedish ideas of connecting retirement house with a kindergarten.Both sides only profit from this.
Kids learn a lot about growing up,about old people which are now on the side of our society and usually they dont know this area.Oldies have fun reading them stories or singing along…etc

I hate kids, I hope I never have any(use condoms). I think that’s sort of a good idea, except for the punishment. No punishment should be anything permenent, for anyone. Death penalty and life in prison are like that. The person might as well kill themselves cause they have no hope of anything. If the people wanted more kids and just didn’t agree with the majority about the licence it isn’t fair that they never be able to have kids again. That’s cruel and unusual punishment(unconstitutional). Death penalty and life in prison are cruel also, but they are legal(differs between states). I wish the government would make pot legal, it would deffinitly lower the crime rate. Everyone would be happy and have no will to steal or hurt anyone. I don’t know anyone that smokes that’s violent in any way. Condoms are good though, a lot more people my age need to figure that out so they stop getting pregnant. I met this one kid that the reason he didn’t use condoms ever, was cause he was to scared to go in the cvs and buy them. If a guys to scared to walk into a cvs and buy condoms, I really don’t think he needs to be doing those things.

I don’t think anyone should be allowed to have children. Everyone should be sterilized, so that the human race can finally end instead of plodding along a doomed path to its own destruction.

So in essence, we’re already killing ourselves, so let’s not screw around about it.