Mugwort

Yeah, I’ve been using the same - completely dry powdered 2 spoonfulls, pour on boiling water and keep it hot for 15minutes and strain. Mine doesnt look like very good quality MW though, it looks old and herbs lose alot of their properties if kept for more than a year in storage, I will grow some of my own next year and see how fresh stuff works.

Something else I noticed today, a quote from Mr Le Berge:

mugwort’s Latin name is Artemesia vulgaris you should be able to find it out from that.

the name in dutch for mugworth is ‘bijvoet’ and it’s related to ‘alsem’

COOOOOO!!!
I just got an ounce of this stuff about half an hour ago. And have been surfing the net to find out about this whole ‘under the pillow’ thing. The aspect of this seems rather silly to me. But i’ve read it alot. is anyone able to explain why placing mugwort under your pillow works?? Or is it simply a beleif thing?
Also i have read that it can be smoked to produce simmiler effects as the tea. has anyone tried this? is it more or less effective then drinking the stuff? or should i drink it, smoke it, and place a sock full of it under my pillow?

Yeah, Mugwort (Artemesia vulgaris) is great… I’ve had a lot of unexpected success with it. It has enhanced the quality of my dreams better than any other “shortcuts” that I have tried, meaning other herbs, vitamins, and the such. But, like any substance, I think it works differently on every individual. I have experimented with it a little in my dream journal online, I reccommend checking that out. Honestly, I do not know a lot about the way the chemicals in Mugwort works, but this is not just a superstition. What has worked best for me personally is to grind up the herb and stuff it in a sock or make a small pillow. I had mixed results with the tes, and got sick from smoking it. Hope that helps. By the way, don’t get discouraged if the stuff doesnt work the first couple nights. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips.
Also if anyone who happens to read this is looking for info on mugwort. see what erowid has to say.

Where can I get Mugwort? Is it a drug. Can I get it discreatly?

Its… well i guess is may be posible to classify it as a drug. but its not generally looked at that way.
Anyway i got mine at a health store. $0.73 an ounce. Its a herb and is sold as the dried plant its self.
It kinda looks like weed though so if you are living with your parents i would sugest telling them what it is before they find it and make assumptions. I have also read that if smoked it smells kindof like pot so be awaer.
its used for alot of things. from ‘magical’ type things like protection from illmanered spirits, to releiving indegestion. You can find out alot about it from just doing a google search on it.

OK, thanks. I think I’ve heard of this. My mum or nan might have some of the drug. Is this a kind drug, or what is the negative effects. Never mind, I’ll do research.

I really love to make some tea of it, because the taste is great. It makes you a bit restless when you go to sleep, but hypnagogics are increased stunningly (bit of feverish dreamy thought patterns even, most times). It gives great dreams.

I just get my mugwort (artemisia vulgaris) at the side of the road :cool_laugh:

JJJ

maybye this could help for…tonight was my first try of lucid dreaming…and i failed…that could be because i was very excited about it and i had stomach aches…

Well, i tried it last night. I made tea which i boiled for 15mins and simmered for the same. It turned out very dark almost coffee like in apearance. Then i smoked a mugwort cigarett about 15mins after drinking the tea and when strait to bed this was at like 10:30. I guess i woke up around 1:00am. but i don’t remember falling asleep, dreaming, or waking up. :sad:
After that, i went back to sleep. For the rest of the night all i remmember are short unconnected fragments of dreams. which is unusual or me. I normally have 2 or 3 very vivid dreams a night, and last night i had none.

However, i will not quit trying mugwort. Because i beleive my nervous and hopes got in the way and perhapps the fact that i was woken up at 6:00am yesterday morning. when i usually do not wake up until 12:00 - 2:00pm had messed with my cycles.

I had no negative effects, except i am increadably tiered today. thats probably because i slept for 13 hours in the hopes i could reclaim dreams lost by my fail atempt with mugwort.
I did notice though, that It calmed me quite abit in waking moments.

P.S. As silly as i feel doing it i’m ganna go to PSL herbs and more today, the store i bought it at, and buy another few ounces to make a dream pillow.

Triangulatus-

There’s no reson to feel “silly” about maing a dream pillow. The vast majority of the people that I have talked to have had the most success with the pillow, the frangrance seems to do the job better than direct consumption of the chemials inside the plant (tea/smoke). I personally have had much much more success with the dream pillow, and I’ve never heard of anyone smoking mug and actualy getting any positive results. Last time I tried it I got pretty sick for a couple weeks. Maybe my lungs are a bit sensitive to smoke, but I just don’t recommend smoking the herb, doesn’t seem worth it. It seems there are certain methods that are able to extract the active chemicals better. Anyways, good luck with it, and let us know how it goes.

Well, i went to get mor mug for my pillow today but the place was closed. so as of now i just put the remainder of what i have, which is about 3/4 an ounce in a sock which i will place under my pillow tonight. tomarrow i plan on adding a few ounces to it. ((my room is going to smell sooooo much))

I tried mugworth tea 3 times, the first time I had very vivid dreams an I got lucid, but the next time there wasn’nt any change in my dreams.
Does anyone know, why it sometimes works, and sometimes not?

I don’t know. I was reading erowid’s experiances with it and he had simmilar effects. The first night he didn’t do anything with it he just rolled a few cigaretts for futur use and said that just handleing the stuff effected his dreams. The next night he smoked a cigarett of it and had no effects. the a week later he smoked four bowls of it and it again effected his dreams. He hypothisysed that people build up a quick tolerance to it. but then what about dream pillows?

Anyway I put a little les then an ounce in a sock under my pillow and had no effects. I guess thats not enough most online sources that i’ve read have siad to use two to three ounces so hopefully i can get use of a car to get some more. I may even make a pillow out of it insted of using a sock… who knows though.

Can I fing mugworts at a common store like cvs or walmart?
Cause I live in the country and thats about all there is around here…
And wich is the best herb for lucid dreaming?
mugworts, Kava Kava …

Mugwort is a normal spice used for cooking, so most probably you can buy it at walmart.
The “best” herb for LD doesn´t seem to exist, you got to find out what works for you. For example, some people had good results with calea zacatechichi (bittergrass, dreamherb), for me it doesn´t seem to work.

tapir

Tapir’s right … there really is no magic bullet. The best thing to do is experiment!

BTW, you’d probably have better luck finding mugwort in a health food store. I don’t recall seeing it at a store like CVS.

i have only tried 2 things for dreaming. vitamin b which did absolutely nothing, and mugwart.

mugwart gave me very intense vivid dreams and helped with dream recall, a couple of times i had some lucid dreams as well.

i only ingested it as a tea once the rest of the times i was smoking it. it has a much more potent effect on dreams when taken as a tea.

i reccomend mugwart!