The BIG VILD Topic - Part I

I finally read the tech, and indeed it seems very interesting…
But one thing i wonder though… From what i read, you say you are able to induce LD’s in evning using this technique??

COOO!!!
I will definantly try this. I’ve been have very vivid dreams of late two or three a night but there always so far out there and in no way relate to everyday life so i never think do do a RC.

Oh, What if you enter a dream state but don’t realize it and cuntine going through your premade dream for the intire time your dreaming.

any way i’m ganna try it tonight.

Very well written Pedro :cool_laugh: I have decided I’m gonna start practicing this method now :smile:
Although something doesn’t seem to make sense… When you go to sleep at evening, your body goes through some stages before entering REM mode. So why do you claim that you immediately enter your dream after visualizing that dream scene?

Well…if you watch a film and are thinking about the film and then you fall asleep I’m sure you will probably dream of the film…but maybe not.

But lets assume you did dream of the film. Im sure you don’t REMEMBER any of the other sleep periods…you have no recollection of the periods between RL and dreaming. So it seems immediate. Im thinking of my dream scene over and over and suddenly I realize that this time I aint imagining it! I’m in the dream…how strange…

I wonder if Pedro could get himself a NovaDreamer (turn the signals off of course!) or an EEG and find out if the incubated dream occurs immediately after you fall sleep, 90 minutes after (first REM period) or in a longer and later period? You can try to check by waking up immediately after becoming lucid and noting the time.

By the way Pedro, you will be extremely bored of lucid dreaming by the time your “flat out” competition stops! I’m hoping to get a lucid dream every few days but not too often or I’ll get bored very quickly! :sad:

It isn’t boring…having complete freedom. I love it everytime…it’s what to do with the freedom now thats annoying me! I end up doing the same things all the time :sad:

This is so cool trying to get as many as possible though…I’m soooo sure I can get 6 in one night if I can work out my sleep pattern…I’m trying to work my way up to it…it’s one of my targets or goals at the moment!

And how high have you flown?

You’re making amazing use of it though Pedro. I mean, with the band and everything. Maybe you should disect some frogs :tongue: .

What do you do in your dreams now? Do you just get lucid, wake up, VILD, get lucid again…? That might mean sleep deprivation :neutral:

I usually try anything that pops to mind coz I aint fussy anymore…fly, body swap, morph…anything.

OR… I let myself lose lucidity for the sake of having an interesting dream!

OR…(and most usually) I just create a skateboard and skate everywhere! My dreamscape is the only place I can do a 900 degree melon and then land straight into a handstand manual and then pop up onto a rail and do a crooked darkslide and then switch to 50-50 and then hardflip off the rail and land. The let everyone clap and cheer. Lucid-skating is what I usually do if nothing else springs to me mind…it’s quite an adreniline rush and I usually wake up in a very good mood and energized after it!

grin Well, admittedly in my first lucid dream just last night I did do some backwards somersaults but they went pretty slowly so not hugely fun. Still cool to watch the ground wheel by…

Pedro, I liked your other post a long time ago, but now you have outdone yourself. Thanks a million for the excellent information and techniques.

By the way, I’m not really new here, I just thought I’d change my username to this because I think it’s cooler. :content:

Hey Pedro. Thanks for posting such an excellent method. In my opinion, your method seems as if it would be the most effective.

Thanks again for posting it!!! :smile:

Yeah it works pretty good, I got it earlier this week for a few seconds, I can get lucid now a lot for like 1 second though. When i realize I am I look around and I wake up. It’s annoying, but I’ll fix it soon. Thanks Pedro, you are awesome.

Pedro, with your ability to LD every night, do you find you can work out difficult problems in your life out in the dream, things like work school relationships, etc
Or even a life changing intuition?

I practice all life skills from handling akward people to skateboarding!

I’m in a band and I write all my bst music for the band during lucid dreams. I have entire lucid-songs which I write while lucid. My creative skills are shoved up a notch and I write some great stuff then wake myself up and write it all down!

I make video’s. Music video’s, skate vid’s, short films, comedy sketches and other film related stuff. I always come across problems but I solve a lot of problems in my LD’s. I always seem to find new solutions that I never noticed before!

Wow, this sounds very interesting. A while ago I read a book about LD techniques that also talked about inducing an LD in a similar way, but it was described much more vague. Now I feel like giving this another go, especially because it seems to work so well. ^^

I’m quite good at visualising, and if I for instance think about how the surface of wood feels I can remember and feel that… but my big problem is that I’m such a scatterbrain! I have difficulty keeping my thoughts focused on one thing. But everything is worth a try :happy:

Pedro, I think it’s amazing how much you’ve achieved in LDing. o.O; Most of us wish we got that far! So any technique you use has to be effective in some way. ^^ Although it might differ per person. Thanks, though! :slight_smile:

Exactly! It might differ per person but I’m sure everyone can pull something useful from my method! Thanks for the compliments!

As for being a scatterbrain… When a new thought comes stick it on a little cloud and let it drift away and vanish. Do this to every new thought that comes along and keep focused on the original thought. If you have LaBerge’s book there is some decent tips in it!

i am really liking this method even if it hasnt got me a LD yet :tongue:
i got EWLD on order and hope to make a method that works perfectly for me once i get it as well

hey pedro, what instrument do you play in the band? I play guitar in my band and that sounds like quite an interesting thing you have going their, writing music while lucid. I’m deffinitly going to put this on my lucid to do list. You are a lot of help, thanks again.

nice one pedro
Looks like I’ll be trying this tonite.
I was thinking of combining it with another technique. A while ago I posted a topic on the shortcut forum re: The Mind Medicine Room.
I was thinking that for my dream scenario I could visit my mind medicine room and take my Get Lucid Pills, do an RC, and repeat over and over like you say. I was thinking that this would then work on two levels i.e the VILD technique as one, and the mind medicine room as the other.
The reason I think this might work for me is that I already have a sharp image of my MMR as I visit it often for alsorts of things.
Thanks again

OMG!! I just had an LD! :cool_laugh: It wasn’t entirely with the VILD technique, but it did help keep my mind occupied with LDing and RC techniques.

Read about the LD here

So, in short… the VILD didn’t exactly work as planned, but a lot of the elements of the VILD I had planned did occur in the dream. It also helped me to remember to do RC’s.

I think it’s also because of the nap. It’s wellknown that napping increases chances of having an LD, probably because your mind is more alert, or because time between being awake and REM is shorter.

But anyway… woohoo! Thanks again Pedro :happy: Now I KNOW this is good stuff :slight_smile: Must practice more!