Wierd!!!!!!!!

hey,

i’ve been browsing through this forum for a few months now but never had anything worth while to post. But now i do - well at least i think i do. here goes…

Well being summer holidays i have had alot of time to try get my first LD. I have been getting and average of 10 hours sleep every night. exept for last night that is. I went to bed at about 3:30am, told myself that i would have a lucid dream and fell asleep at about 4:00am. I woke up at 9:00am to my phone ringing. My friend asked if i wanted to go to the beach. I declined cos i had othere arrangements (and i was damn tired and wanted to go back to sleep) so i walked arround for about half an hour then went back to bed.

i watched TV for a few minutes and dozed off to sleep. Now this is where it gets wierd. I had 1 dream, but it was kind of partitioned into different, smaller dreams that all joined in some way. now, i had broken my leg earlier during the dream and now was in a totaly different scene walking with a strange man from argentina or somewhere like that. we were walking up and down a street until one of us decided to go into a building, i dont know why though. but the second i walked through the door i realised something was strange (i dont remember it now, it could have been that i was walking on my leg that was meant to be deformed and broken) i said “shit, im dreaming” and as i said that, i though to myself “dont wake up” and i think i closed my eyes at that point and… i did wake up(well i think i woke up)

ok now it gets a bit wierder… when i “woke up” i was realy annoyed that i didnt stay lucid so i thought well i’ll just try continue the dream in my mind and hopefully i will fall asleep again. i think it was a FA because i didnt think to do a RC i just tried to go on with the dream. i also dont know if i was really awake or if it was a FA because im not sure if i had any control or not. soon after that, the dream went on without me being lucid, but i was aware that something wasnt right and that i might be dreaming. i woke up at about 2:00pm (really confused)

if any1 can tell me what happened, give me any tips or just any info i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :help: :help:

Krayzee :confused:

I can’t really tell if it was an FA or not from your description. ANyway do you noramlly do an RC upon awakening regardless of time becuase if you don’t it could very easily have been a normal awakening.

COngrats on getting lucid though :wink:

lucidity:

yeh i normally do. well whenever i gain enough energy to pull my hand up to my nose or reach over to the light. but most of the time i do.

for next time, if there is a next time, how do i stay lucid longer. i know all of the techniques like rubbing hands and spinning etc, but its not possible to do that if i wake up almost instantly after i become lucid?

krayzee :help:

Perhaps you can spin before your reality checks. Will look pretty damn wierd though…

but thats the thing, i didnt do a reality check, i just knew i was dreaming so i had literaly no time at all.

It just kinda takes time. The reason for waking up could be two things, one is that you’re getting two excited or the other possibility is that you’re brain cn’t handle lucidity.

The one thing I can sau is that if you wake up, play dead. DOn’t move from where your lying, the dream should overtake you pretty wuick.

everyones talking how to keep ludicity…but does anyone have problems getting out of a dream?

Lol I had a false awakening (finally) luckily for me the first thing i do when I wake up is look at the clock and when I did it said 346:2. That confused me untill I looked again and it said Aes Sedai,which happens to be something out of a book series ive almost finished. To bad I woke up from the shock of seeing that.

To get out of an LD so you can remember it better just relax and do nothing but just sit there. Eventually the dream will fade. Beware of FA’s though

just a random question…

if it is possible for people that have died to visit you in your dream, what happens if you become lucid? will it still be them? or just another DC ??

krayzee :bored:

The dead that visit you in a dream are just DC’s. The difference is in how you percieve them, in ND they will be percieved as real people but in LD as just DC’s

so you dont believe that it is actually the person that has died? just your subconcious making you believe it is?

I believe that if a dead person visits you in a dream it is actually them. but i am just curious to what would happen if you became lucid during the dream. its a bit confusing. :neutral: :confused:

Yes it does depend alot on beliefs. But if it was actually a dead person visiting you I don’t see how they would become a DC. Just because you know you’re dreaming wouldn’t change something real into something non-real. As an example if you become lucid in a shared dream the other person doens’t become a DC. A dream with a real dead person would be a shared dream, wouldn’t it.

not necesarily, you arnt really sharing it with any one. isnt a shared dream with another person, who is alive and dreaming at the same time as you (correct me if im wrong). being visited by a dead person is exactly that - being VISITED. :smile:

just had an afternoon sleep. and for the record. FA are the most annoying things in the world!!! i just had about 3 and i have like 1 a night! and i never get lucid from them they r just there to piss me off. :grrr:

before i knew about LDing I didn’t know how to check the FA and I used to have lots of them…

do you like them? some people like having FA because it is a great way to start a LD, but i just find them annoying.

maybe with a bit more practice i can have a LD from a FA. But i have so many of them its not funny. :eek:

i dun like them too…i’ve just yesterday found out bout ludicity, so never tried to get to LD from FA…and i only had LD’s and FAs naturally

any1 got any tips for having less FA’s and more LD’s?

just look at signs…watches, clocks, try understanding ARE you in FA. And if u understand u are, you can try LDing, creating something