Learn dutch website

thanks Q! I think I better know some for surfing on this forum…
I can see it translated…
"Woah, Charlotte’s so crazy! We should stalk her down and throw eggs at her house :smile: "

I better get a dutch Crash corse!

I mean what’s this???
Quote—> ja we zeggen heel veel geheime dingen, eigenlijk over de geheime take-over van het forum door de nederlanders… pas op, we zijn overal!

All I see is “Take-Over”!

Lol, I’ve been looking at the site’s…
Mijn naam is Charlotte.
Ik ben Vijftien. Ik dans.
de soep is
warm.

Yes, the soup IS warm :smile:

I really have no idea what I’m saying. But this is fun :smile:

Yes, thanks for these useful links. :happy:

I noticed that if you read Dutch without knowing there alphabet, it sounds like backwards english. He, he (no offense).

Okay, dictionary.com’s (just found it and im using it to find out what these damn Dutch are saying MUAHAHAHA!)
translation is as follows:

Either that translator isnt as great as it claims to be, or :confused:tupid:

LOL Nice translation Neo :wink:

Seems like you didn’t find a few words… Lemme help you:

moeilijk = difficult
tsja = well… (it’s a short word like when you say “uhm…” or “oh well…”)
ofzo = or something
“ik denk er nooit bij na en maak daar veel fouten mee.” = I do it without thinking and I make lots of mistakes with that. (I’m not even sure if this is proper English :smile: )
dus = so

It should make some sense now :wink:

I got; Tsja, do not property ram in it well ofzo, I afterwards never think and go wringed with that many. (I never use dt, d or t does not do good I on feeling, however, but dt therefore)

As well :smile: Thank you Mystic for clearing things up :smile:

Heres what I got from this…ja we zeggen heel veel geheime dingen, eigenlijk over de geheime take-over van het forum door de nederlanders… pas op, we zijn overal!

Quote–>yes we say a lot of secret solicit, in fact concerning secret take-over of the forum by the Dutch… just, we are everywhere!

Just as I thought! :peek:

Good job! Two little remarks though:

“dingen” just means “things”, not “solicit”.
“pas op” = “watch out”; it’s derived from the verb “oppassen”, which means… “to watch out”.

I think we have translated enough:

We now know a conspiricy against the English forum is going on. Oh no, what should we do?!

I was just reading some rules on determining which words are “het” and which are “de”

If there is an e before this and a u before that and a g after that with dit as the proagrebtive then you use het. But if they are blaaaa then use de. Exept for this long list of words that are all exeptions. ehh!!

I think the rules were made up by that person. Its just easier to learn which are het and which are de.

Which, by the way, one is associated with masculine and feminine (“de”) and the other (“het”) is associated with neuter. Does that make the language obey these rules, no!

Funny how “the girl” is neuter, the website says that every thing that actually has a sex follows de.
Tot ziens (Is that right?) :smile:

It is :content:

stopt DM7 in een klein vierkant doosje

:grin:

:confused:

Yes. J’ai un problem!
When using this and that it has to conform to “de” or “het”. But if you don’t know what the object is hen do you use “dit” or “deze”?

it means: puts DM7 in a little square box :razz:

puddingbunny, I thought you were originaly Dutch. Your webpage is in English.

Thanks mystic :smile: Now that I have the power of internet translators on my side there’s not going to be any more secrets between the Dutch and English… ok, there still will be, but less :peek:

Muhuhuhuh!!

So together can we translate this? I couldn’t work it out (the translation, not the where the bathroom is) in the last topic. But I am determined to now.

Hehe that’s already a pretty difficult one! Make sure you compose the verbs and the sentences in the correct way :tongue:
If you want any help, just give me a shout :smile:

Good luck!

Good luck on translating that! Bwahahaha! :wink:

I also wonder why on earth anyone would want to learn our silly language, but hey. XD

As with any language, first get started on the construction of sentences with the verbs ‘to be’ (zijn) and ‘to have’ (hebben) which are like in most languages the most frequently used verbs. (Okay, I’m not sure about this, but I do know that they’re the first verbs you learn to use in most languages! I’m currently learning Japanese and yes, the first verb was ‘to be’.)

Then there’s the basic vocabulary you have to build up…

And then starting with the most commonly used sentences. Or assumed common. Like asking and giving the time, introducing yourself, saying your name, age, occupation and nationality, counting numbers, the names of countries, shopping, going to a restaurant, giving directions… pretty much the basic stuff!

Since I’m a livejournal addict I’ll just link you to a Dutch-language-learning community: livejournal.com/community/go_dutch/

I think the most difficult to learn in Dutch are the expressions. Because I work (and think) in English a lot I start messing them up myself!

Ok, this is what I got!
[b]

yes yes, your weet, however, just like those gentle speeltjes in which must grip you for stress at
verkomen, have we now also gentle topic for moderators, so that they get no stress of daily living double mail, incorrectly placed topics, zoveelste Wild-uitweiding…
It nou nevertheless what more attractive to make for the mods, this topic are entirely legally kneedbaar and here thus no legal
ristricties will be on the ’ options ’ of the mods

Thus just if your posts

• enjoys someone *

But now I want it still just as nevertheless have concerning Heroische
the evenaar and home favourable insinuations towards cadastral also
tel. incorporated exactly in CombinatieS Van Aangebakte failure. Legitimate annoying PasQuale, Repression and Saartje rapidly in exuberant narcissism.

Spoken of narcissism…
[/b]

That’s STARTING to make sence, but I think I’m missing a few very important words!

Oh, but i am :wink: Its just that making a website in dutch doesn’t get many visitors :tongue: besides, english looks better :smile:

Why do you keep quoting me from the anti stress topic btw? :razz: You know that it will never make sense to any of you, no matter how hard you try :wink: