genetics, freind or foe?

Im with the KFC theory :happy:

i think that if so many people have had suspicious of kfc in particular, then there must be something going on.

I dont eat fast food. except i eat hungry jacks chips. now when i see people eating KFC i want to tell them what they are eating… but in the end i dont think that they really care.

does anyone know what happend to dolly?

I don’t know, KFC is one of the only nation wide chains of Chicken joints. next to popey’s. which rocks the house. But KFC to my knowladge is the oldest of these two. Every body knows KFC. And in a sociaty on the edge of this whole genetic revolution. its not hard to imagine that many people see fit to simply acuse KFC because there a big buissness. On top of that i don’t beleive it is possible at this point to gennetically alter animals in that way. Especially on so large a scale as to be KFC’s soul source of product.
I think its more posibly that they are tring to find ways to in which to genetically alter chickens and some one got hold of that and distorted it. Or maybe it was simply a joke at a company meeting that some one took the wronge way.

Anyway if it were true, i’m sure the government and FDA would have something to say about it.

hehehe i dont know what popeys is lol.

umm… another thing… that they dont actaully say chicken on the menu.
i’ll have to check that one out.lol

ummm dolly the sheep died i found that out yesterday.

hehehe… there is that big thing with the Raliens about how they have cloned a human ebryo. i think that is what it is lol.

they are crazy bunch. lol

genetics is just knowledge, and as with any knowledge it can be used as a tool for both good and evil.

Humans altering genetics is just trouble waiting to happen. Humans create mistakes, and then sometimes learn from those mistakes. Nature however, seems to create sublime creatures that survive well for the time they are destined to live here. To alter nature’s instructions which have been going along just great for many years is going to create horror and monsters. The next 1000 years is going to be one whacky ride.

About KFC, oh come on people! Start using that noggin of yours and realize the absurdity of that story. All farms, processing plants, restaurants, and anything involved in the food business in the US is inspected every month. Do you really think “lumps of muscle” is fed through a tube and then “secretly prepared” for the public. That’s nonsense! The public work at these places and there would be “whistle blowers” the first day!

However, an Israeli in Israel (not an American in the US working for KFC) bred a feather-less chicken.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2000003.stm
The 1st of many monsters. :grin:

hehehehe… maybe someone had a dream about the future.

The only thing I would ever appreciate from that genetics stuff, is if they used it to make new enhanced super weed, that was 10 times stronger then purple haze and completely safe like normal weed. That would rock my socks, I would have to throw a party, and you’d all be invited. Also that stuff about the glowing fish…that’s kind of sick, it would look like it had freaking radiation exposure or something. The fixing birth defects and hereditary diseases is good, you could probably stop hereditary hair loss eventually if they took it far enough, all kinds of that hereditary junk. Good uses. Cloning humans=bad uses.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

That is the coolest thing i’ve ever seen DreamAddict. Thank you, that link has brought much joy into my hart.

Also about popeys, i know they have them in ohio and florida so they are at least covering the eastern united states. Haven’t you ever seen ‘Little Nicky’?

oh and check this out:
ekac.org/gfpbunny.html#gfpbunnyanchor

Alba the glowing rabbit. One of the first examples of the outragous ‘genetic art’ seems a silly concept right?
I thought that to and still do. However I watch with great intent. For how cool would it be if some one, through genetics, created a real life dragon that breathed fire and everything.
And i know the posably apocolyptic out comes of this, for I have seen both ‘jarassic park’ and ‘Reing of Fire’. But you have to admit it would be an amazing thing to see. I Don’t think thats necessarialy bad science. Mad science perhaps. But as long as its contained to one or two specimens… any way by the time thats able to happen we will most likely all be dead. But I must addmitt i am intreged to see the creatures they creat in the futur.

Super weed huh? You ever seen ‘American Beauty’? That stuff dude has, G-13, or what ever its called. the weed genetically inhanced by the government. That is actually real. but good luck getting a hold of it.

yeah, that won’t happen. We need to end the war against drugs in the US first and get pot legal. Then we can think abou th genetic super weed. Fields and fields of super weed just waiting to be…made into hemp clothing, used for fuel, and other important uses. Or just smoked, I wish it was legal, people would be a lot nicer, and relaxed, less violence and stuff. That chicken thing is really funny.

Yeah but we seem to be going in the opposit direction now. It is getting harder and harder for poeple to get liquer licenses, and what about all these public smoking bands coming about.
Heres what we got now though. There are three states that have pretty leniant weed laws now. california. we know has legalized it for medicinal reasons. In washington its legal to grow it, because it grow like wild fire there any way and theres nothing any one can do about it. They have laws against havesting it though. and in ohio its pretty much legal to posses. I say pretty much legal to poses because insted of going to jail. its a misdemeaner for anything under 3oz and a quorter. Why oh why did i leave ohio to come to nazi florida. :cry:

DAMNIT!!!
Why most everything turn into a discution about weed. Please someone set this thread back on track.

Exactly! I don’t find the idea of harvesting brainless meat for consuming a far fetched idea with the future of genetics, but I think the public will know about it. I also think something so bizarre will take some time before the public would accept it, but perhaps it could be started for pet food. Or perhaps it will be marketed as “more humane” than suffering animals in cramped spaces.
Who knows what the crazy future will hold, but I bet it’s crazy! :happy:

web spinning sheep??? Crazy indeed dreamaddict
organicconsumers.org/Patent/ … fm#Monkeys
I never even thought of animal expiraminting genetics would be used to make steel.

I assume you mean “Gattaca”. Great movie indeed.

I’m all for human cloning, but I’m not looking at it in the sense of your above argument. It’s not like anyone can just fork over a few grand and walk away with a band new child made from the DNA of your choice. The process would only be used by medical institutions, and probably only to generate organs for existing cases where replacement would be necessary. It may even be possible to create the clone without a brain, which would eliminate the argument that the clone was somehow being denied a normal life.

I wouldn’t use the term “Playing God”, because I don’t feel it’s relevant. Are people playing God every time they create a child? How is it different when this process occurs in a laboratory with conditions simulating the natural method? God doesn’t create children, people do. Genetics is a code that we’d do well to crack. :smile:

right oh aitheist. I think that human cloning is probably no so good a term for what you discribed. posibly, organ cultivating. the idea of growing replacement organs is one used alot in the argument of genetics. I personally don’t think that people will be dreated with out brain. I think that it will happen more from test tubes and such but who knows really. all we can do is speculate. Oh yeah gattaca does rock the house.

Some idiot tries to clone Elvis, Hitler, and whoever painted the shroud of Tourin (thinking it was jesus, lol). Probably in that order as well…

I think genetics is a very interesting field of study, and I don’t have a problem with it. For those who say ‘you’re playing God,’ I would say, yes, we are. If you believe in the God of the Bible, then you must believe ‘…and God created Man in his own image, male and female created he them…’ That’s a figure of speech meaning we were given certain God-like attributes such as self-awareness, creativity, etc. We create, even if on a lesser scale, just as God created. Therefore, by studying genetics we are simply acting out part of the purpose of our creation which was to immitate God and thereby give credit or worship (literally meaning value when correctly translated) to Him. I think God would be pretty flattered by our ‘reverse engineering’ of his inventions.

If you don’t believe in God, then it doesn’t really matter anyway, and ethics/morals/right/wrong is all just the subjective matter of every individual’s opinion, and there is no right or wrong. Therefore, it is perfectly fine to study genetics and to better ourselves with genetic modification. What’s the point, after all, of living and dying if nothing comes thereafter? So we might as well make the best of it.

Incidentally, what’s with all the intellectual dishonesty surrounding God, creation, etc.? Is it that people haven’t thought out the implications of their belief systems, or that, instead, they wish to hide those implications? Perhaps that’s another thread.

[quote]
It’s not like anyone can just fork over a few grand and walk away with a band new child made from the DNA of your choice.

The thing is you have to remember that people will take whatever method posible to make money. Already there is a company that you can take your pet to and get its DNA frozen so that when cloning becomes more cost effective it can be “reboren”.
Lets not forget to that cloning is the act of creating a individual with the exact same genetic code as the dooner. what good could possibly come from this. i think examples are in order.

one. Cloning important people in history is something godmode brought up. The problem here lies in the fact that these clones are not that person. take hitler for instence. A majority of a persons veiws and beleifs come from their interaction throughout there life. You wonder why people grow up to be racist. Its not a genetic trait, its something that they learn from somebody at somepoint in their life. How do you think hitler would have turned out if he were raised by good old boy’s in the sticks of goergia??

Two. SUPER ARMIES!!! give me a break, but you know some one out theres ganna wanna do it.

three. Lost children. This is psychologicly the worst posible use. One on the parents who already have a strong sentiment twords the appearence of the origanal person and the clone, And sence the clone is not the same person every time the parents see it they will be reminded of the loss of their first child. Two on the cloned child. Haveing to live in the sugar coated memory of the other child. Yeah… i see good things in his future… mainly expencive psychologists.

right on Davion.

to triangulust, don’t confuse my sarcastic remarks with my actual knowledge :smile: I realize a clone would not have the memories, nor would it be the original person. Identicle twins are clones, need I say more? However, there are plenty of idiots out there who don’t understand that, and who would believe cloning someone from history WOULD be the same. Eventually it will be tried.
In my opinion, you can’t stop progress, you can only slow it down. Science moves in one direction, forward.