The BIG WILD Topic - Part X

I’m getting a small light, presumably an HI, which grows into a scene. I have managed to enter it twice this night and I had 2 LD’s with this method.

So it seems to be working for me. Of course before I’ll have slept listening to LD test preset most of the time, but not every time.

I managed to WILD for the first time ever :smile: . When i woke up from a dream i didn’t move. Suddenly my entire body started vibrating very very very intensly and it felt like i was falling, suddenly i was in a LD. So i was wondering if WILD vibrations always are this intense, or is it just me?

They are often quite intense, but it is nothing to fear, eventually you’ll get to the point where you barley pay attention to them

every once in a whial, as i’m falling a sleep My body feels like i’m laying on a giant spring and its kindof pushing my up and pulling my back down. it only happens when i’m about to fall asleep. I remmeber inducing it specificaly to fall asleep a kid who used to suffer from insomnia. is this the vibration your talking about. or is it more like that of a viberating chair?

It seems that i almost always get some varning that i’m about to fall asleep. Like small spasms, itch or a tingling sensation. Last night an image of a girl just flashed infront of me. I even got vibrations, but i have a hard time not moving when i start feeling the vibrations. It seems like i don’t get much HI or sounds when i WILD only vibrations.
Does anyone have any advice?

Sence i’ve started doing VILD i have gotten these vibrations every night but, they always supries me and i get excited cause i know i’m doing something right. then i lose the vibrations and am once again wide awake. This is very anyoing. any suggestion would be helpfull.

I have been trying WILD every night this week when i went to sleep. Seems very hard to do i before going to sleep. But this morning i managed to WILD very quickly but i had an OBE where i just floated away and couldn’t do anything. People doesn’t seem too intrested in the WILD topic at the moment. If anyone have trouble WILD ing you could try to force yourself into a LD when you are in the black void just after the vibrations. Otherwise you end up in an OBE, and atlease i find them anoying because i can’t do much else that float around.
The forcing kinda feels like you force yourself out of your own body and into the dreamworld. If anyone tries and get it to work please let me know.

Alright.

I have been practising a lot, and I can get to the vibrations about every time that I try (usually in the middle of the day, because I am much more concentrated), within about 30 minutes. Most times, however, they fade away in a few seconds, and I am just back where I was. Also, some times a small part of my body (for example my arms) gets paralyzed, with no further results whatsoever.

So my question: what to do when in the vibrations? On what should I concentrate, and on what not? What thoughts should I have? Can any ‘pro’ :tongue: help me with that?

JJJ

Q:So my question: what to do when in the vibrations? On what should I concentrate, and on what not? What thoughts should I have? Can any ‘pro’ help me with that?

A: At this point you should start to let yourself go. Try to focus on imagies in your mind and let yourself be drawn into them. You don’t want to get excited or scared by the vibrations. Most importantly you do not want to put any attention to the real world or your real body. I know this part is hard but, you are almost there and you will get there with more pratice. Also, don’t give any attention to the vibrations either. The main goal here is letting go and just let things happen. Everyone has trouble at this stage at first so you are not alone. With pratice you will get past it. Everyone has there own technique for getting past this. I focus on images, others focas on createing a dream body and roll or float out of there real body.

(I hope this makes sence to you. I would try to explain better but I don’t have a lot of time tonight and I wanted to give you a quick answer as I know how tough this part can be. None of the books out there {and I think I read them all} really explain how to get past this part or what to expect. Sorry for the typeos too.)

Hang in there you will get it.

Happy Dreaming

I think I had a WILD recently or a WILD within a dream. It happened shortly after going to bed. My whole body felt very relaxed and there was a bright yellow glow of light in front of me. I started to feel lucid like I was about to enter another world but then I suddenly thought about sleep paralysis which worried me. I managed to ignore it for a few seconds before shaking myself awake, not actually awake in RL.
Now I just wish I’d let it continue :grrr:

im such a paranoid person that i get scared BEFORE the vibrations lol :sad: i plan to try tonight tho…

what do you do to keep yourselves conscious? i usually count backwards, or use the VILD technique… but i haven’t had much luck as i fall asleep soon enough. one moment, i’m working on staying aware… and the next i’m waking up. it seems like it must take a lot of concentration to get yourself into the dream, i’m not gonna give up… i want to get better with this technique. thanks

I have a problem that keeps me from getting the WILD. For some reason, I regularly (almost involuntarily) swallow saliva, or lick my lips as if they are dry. Would this be enough to keep my attention on the real world and not on the HI or the dream? Could that be preventing me from getting a WILD?

that happens to me as well epik, that would be one of my main problems… but i noticed that i only have to swallow occasionally when laying on my back, so if i lay in another position the urge to swallow goes away. try it and let me know if it helps :smile:

as for licking your lips, just drink more water throughout the day or apply chapstick and it should help your lips keep moist.

This morning I was sleeping very lightly and was trying to create the spinning sensation. At the same time I could see bright yellow light and felt a whirring in my ears, going from left to right to left …etc. This made me think about WILD but then I woke up because of noises in the house.

fair enough, i’ll give that a shot. thanks. :smile:

I’ve had lucid dreams but I wasn’t really following any particular method. But a few hours ago…11pm i think I was in the WBTB stage and tried the WILD technique after an hour of reading on lucid dreams. I cannot get these vibrations…

here’s what I do.

I always thought you have to sleep on your back with your arms at your side and your feet spread apart to be lucid. I have a hard time falling asleep like that so I always roll over on my side. Does that matter?
Plus when I am trying to relax I always get an itch somewhere :bored:

After reading this thread I haven’t really found out anything new on WILDs so can someone just either throw up a link to a good place with a WILD description or post step by step instructions? Including ways to breathe, posititons, what to think about, etc…

thanks in advance

I’ve had lucid dreams but I wasn’t really following any particular method. But a few hours ago…11pm i think I was in the WBTB stage and tried the WILD technique after an hour of reading on lucid dreams. I cannot get these vibrations…

here’s what I do.

I always thought you have to sleep on your back with your arms at your side and your feet spread apart to be lucid. I have a hard time falling asleep like that so I always roll over on my side. Does that matter?
Plus when I am trying to relax I always get an itch somewhere :bored:

After reading this thread I haven’t really found out anything new on WILDs so can someone just either throw up a link to a good place with a WILD description or post step by step instructions? Including ways to breathe, posititons, what to think about, etc…

thanks in advance

Metal Head

1. You should get a dream journal and start recording dreams and be able to recall at least one dream per night. It is also helpful if you can pick out 5 or 6 Dream signs. (Weird things that appear in your dreams like flying, actors (that you don’t know personally) etc.
  2. even though you are practicing WILD you should still do reality checks like 20-30 times a day at first. This is because if you fall into unconscious sleep or lose lucidity while WILD ing you may still wake up in your dreams.
  3. As you are going to sleep you want to use a progressive relaxation technique
    Step 1: lay in bed and get comfortable. Close your eyes. Gently take a long slow deep breath through your nose (you should feel your stomach rise not your lungs.) Count silently to 4 then gently and slowly exhale through your mouth. Do that 2-3 times. Now turn your attention to your right arm. Tighten your right arm as you Tighten your right arm again inhale as above count to4 and as you exhale release the tension in your right feel it relaxing. Do the same thing with your left arm. Then do the same with both arms and finally do the same thing with your hole body. (Your body may feel heavy and relaxed at this point and may even feel a little tingly)
    Step 2: at this point you should ignore your breathing. Let your breath find it’s own pace naturally. Turn your attention to your toes imagine that a wave of blue mental energy is forming at your toes feel the energy relaxing all the muscles in your toes. Then the energy moving up to your ankles and now imagine your feet are relaxing. Now move the energy up to your shins, then thighs, abdomen, and chest. Then imagine the energy moving down your arms all the way to the tips of your fingers. Now imagine the energy will move back up your arms to your shoulders, then to your neck, and the top of your head, finally imagine that the energy is leaving the top of your head taking with it all your tension, fears and anxiety with it. Take a moment and enjoy the relaxation.
    Step 3: Now tell your self that you are going to sleep and that you will realize you are dreaming while dreaming. Tonight I will have a lucid dream. Repeat this to your self 5or 6 times as you allow yourself to relax even more. (When ever I use WILD I always give my self this suggestion after attaining deep relaxation in case I fail with WILD I might still become lucid in my dream. It’s like a fail safe)
    Step 4:(again you are just allowing yourself to breath normally) Start to count 1 im dreaming, 2 im dreaming etc… and continue to allow your self to relax . Continue until you find yourself in a dream. Or until you start to notice symptoms of your body falling asleep. Vibrations,HI,SP,HS. This part can be a frightening experience because you are trying to let your body sleep but maintain consciousness. If you experience any of these symptoms you can use them to guide yourself into a dream. For example if you experience HI you can use this to guide yourself into a full blown dream scene. What you Should do is let your self go a little more and just observe what is happening. You don’t actually do anything. Instead you just allow yourself to be pulled into the dream. Everyone experiences WILD in a different way. Tonight I suggest that you use the relaxation technique and observe what happens to you as you fall asleep and then report back to us what happened and then we can help you better from that point on.

well my problems with WILD are…tingling…when i sleep normly it hapens not to much.but when i try WILD its looks like that:
starts tingling “Nothings tingling me…” it stops…
and now A HUGE TINGLE and aahhhhh!! i must scratch!!! and i scratch and whole WILD for nothing…