A sudden pulse of half awakening

Ok right now Im at the point where Im getting LDs occasionaly but its still not the most common thing. Anyway last night something strange happened. I was trying to preform a MILD and my mind was empty excpet for my single chanted thought. I was about half asleep when for some odd reason I had the thought that I was about to fall asleep and as if that thought triggered a chain reaction I felt a sudden tingling pulse go through my entire body and I felt wide awake again. Does anyone know why that happened?

Yeah…im pretty sure it was just starting sleep paralisis(SP).Its when your brain shuts down the systems connecting it to muscles,so u dont move your hips up and down if u dream about such activities:)hehe
Guess it happened to you due to increased awareness.Usually we black out before we can feel it,but sometimes happens otherwise.Like in your case.
take care:)

the same thing happens to me all the time. I like to do VILD and i start getting tos vibrations every body is always talking about. And then it just goes away and i’m wide awake. god does it piss me off. cause after that i get discouraged and just let myself fall alseep.

COOOO!!!
that post put me at three stars! Hurray!!

Wow, you described the same sensation that has been happening to me lately. The first time it happened I was trying to get out of body, and I actually succeeded for a couple seconds. The surge of energy you are talking about always hits me so hard, its unlike anything else I have ever felt. Its the strongest surge of energy! With me, my heart starts beating like crazy, and my eyes start twitching and jumping all over the place. Even if we don’t succeed in getting lucid or having an OBE or whatever your aim is at the time, the phenomena that go along with trying are more than worth the effort… don’t you agree?

Well as of now, I’m working on getting past the stage where I feel awake again(after the pulse). Please, let me know of any success you have, and I will do the same. I’m going to try tonight again. One thing, I can always get deeper into the trance when I haven’t eaten for awhile… I have no idea why this happens, but its a good tip I think. Anyways good luck, and keep me updated…