Is part of the mind always lucid?

Sometimes I have dreams where I need to pee. Usually it’s because of sensory bleedover from my real bladder. I have to pee in real life, and the senseory information works its way into the dream.

The strange thing is that it is as if some part of me knows it would be a bad idea to just let go and wet the bed. In the dream I search frantically for a bathroom only to discover that it is all boarded up. If I hack through the boards there are more boards covering the urinal. One time I even saw a flashing red “X” in front of my face commanding me not to pee. These are non-lucid dreams, but it seems like some part of my mind is concsious of the fact that I’m really lying in bed and is sending me dream messages not to relieve myself.

This happens almost everytime I try to piss in a dream.

:tongue:

Anyone have similar experience?

I only have a few memories of that, but I’ll bet it’s happened loads of times to me. I guess your subconscious is trying to help you there.

I have dreams where i need to pee (due to really needing to) Usually i drink alot of juice in the dream then search for a toilet. Most of the time i find one and pee just fine.

Though i never actually wet the bed but i usually wake up after this to use the bathroom.

My subconciouss is weird. I’ve had the same stuff happen, and one time, in a 3rd person dream, my body said “thats it! (ME) You’re Dreaming! Get in here and fight!”

As soon as he said that, I took his view and fought wih lucid powers. o.o

same here, i’ve actually peed a bunch of times in dreams and woke up to find my bed strangely, but thankfully dry. that always seemed weird to me shrug

Perhaps part of the mind is always aware of whats a dream and what isn’t.

I had a dream once, about renting a video from blockbuster that was turning my friends into zombies. Wierd dream, I know. But the thing is, every time the dream seemed to be ending because I solved the problem and my friends were no longer zombies, the dream would start over again. And it happened about six times. I started getting bored with the repeats, and at one point in the dream, I said out loud, “This is my dream! Why can’t it be more exciting?” Without actually going fully lucid.

I hope this dream gets a rerun though, so I can recognize it as a dream, and have some fun. :happy:

Dudes… I’m not even sure that my brain is lucid at all times when I’m awake. How many times do I drive to work and get there without realizing once what I did to get there. I would bet that we all do a lot of that sort of autopilot stuff and that’s not lucidity.

Perhaps you don’t just pee because your muscles are, for the most part, paralyzed while you dream to keep you from thrashing about while your mind believes its walking around and such. However, your body still registers sensation so you’re still under the belief that you have to go.