Half LD / Half ND

I’ve had a few LD’s this week (and I don’t know why. I usually only rarely have them) but lots of times I know I’m in a dream, but I can’t control it, and weird things still happen, such that when I wake up I think, “Hey… that can’t have happened! But I was lucid, why didn’t I catch that?” Does that ever happen to any of you? Does it mean I’m not fully lucid, I guess? When weird ND things happen to you that you think are ordinary, even though you know you’re dreaming?

Yeah, many of us experience stupidity when in our lucid dreams. Our consciousness isn’t fully active, just enough so we could be lucid… and we can fall back asleep and it can turn back into a ND… you just have to be smart enough to wake yourself up fully once you are lucid by doing things that require you to think! If you’ve memorized your multiplication tables, it doesnt count. You can’t just retreive it from memory and count it as thinking… you have to add it up in your mind!

Okay. I definitely have my multiplication tables memorized, I love math. Maybe I could do like 34x56 or something, though.

In any case, by “wake yourself up fully” you mean, fully conscious, but not actually awake out of your dream?

are we truly ever “fully lucid” ???

that term, to me, seems to mean that one is fully consciousn as one is in waking life. but i’m not too sure that we’re fully conscious in waking life. have you ever done anything as a knee jerk reaction and thought back on it later and asked “why did i do that?”

anyway, my point is that this unconscious-conscious doesn’t seem to be a question of one state or another, but a spectrum where we all occupy different and variable places along it. you asked if your experience means you weren’t fully lucid… i’m ask who among us is fully lucid?

anyway, i like the variability of my lucidity, i find the fact that i’m not “fully lucid” to make it more beautiful. if everything happened as i expected/wanted it to, how would i grow–how would i learn?

interesting idea…I wish I’d become even part lucid lol