Weird WILD happening

When I use WILD during naps and after WBTB i get a little bit of vibrations but no hypnotic imagery. What happens is, i feel like I inflate to about three times my size and turn to concrete. Its really cool. The problem is it never leads to anything else!? Whats the next step.?

Hey,

It sounds like what you are describing is SP, sleep paralysis. I get that a lot when I'm trying to WILD as well... it's often very frustrating, but like you said, sometimes it does feel pretty cool. I think there are other factors that may be contributing to the sleep paralysis which may account for your body feeling larger than it usualy does. Anyways, I have lately been getting stuck at this phase you are talking about, often I will feel an incredibly strong surge of energy, and then I'm wide awake again. Do you ever get jolted back like this? I'll let you know if I have any luck overcoming this problem, and you could do the same for me. Good luck, happy dreaming...

you can try a number of things, increase their frequency and intensity, spread them through your body, pretend to sink, roll, push yourself out of bed, try to open your eyes (so you see!), visualize a scene or something, pretend to ignore them… I also try

“Whats the next step.?” Patience and Perserverence (speaking to myself also here :smile: )

Ya, sometimes i start to feel like i am be thrown upwards at grotesque speeds, thats when my heart starts pounding and it almost wakes me up completely.

To Pilot:
Thanx for the tips.
do you just imagine yourself rolling over or opening your eyes or do you physically try to do it. And, wouldnt that be closer to an OOBE.?

Probably half the time I WILD I don’t see the HI. I’m just concentrating on the feeling of my body. When you get the vibrations and your body starts to feel the way you describe you probably are in sleep paralysis like Fenoderee says. At this point I usually try to roll my dream body out of bed or concentrate on sinking through the bed. I used to like sinking through the bed because I would end up in a dream scene other than my bedroom. But a couple of times ago I thought as I was sinking that I was going into the underworld and, of course, I ended up in hell. Next time I didn’t have the same thought, but still ended up in hell. So, lately I’ve stuck with rolling out. Sometimes I feel my legs floating, and when I do I just concentrate to make my whole body float out of bed and start my LD.

i managed to open and shut my eyelids and moved my finger in my dream body, but if i try to roll out i feel i actually start to get up. maybe i just got to wait longer…

*perseverance
I’ve tried a lot of things and never have I accidentally moved anything physically.

You are well on your way. How soon can you give me advice? :grin:

You sound pretty close. It can feel like you’re actually getting up, but it may just be your dream body. Anyway, wait a bit longer like you said - that should help. Keep your mind conscious by continuing to remind yourself that your about to enter a dream. Try just thinking about sinking into and through the bed and falling into a dream scene. It’s a cool way to enter a dream and you don’t have to worry about moving and accidentally waking yourself up.