The Wikibook || Odd comment

That isn’t wikibooks, wikibooks is here: wikibooks.org
Click on “English” then on “Lucid dreaming” under “Miscellanous”. Alternatively, type “LD” or “Lucid dreaming” into the text box at the top-right and click on Go.

Or click here: wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

As you can see, quite a bit is already done!

infection0: If you just want edits in the lucid dreaming book, you need to register (it’s anonymous) and login. Then go to every page about lucid dreaming (there are only six or so :smile:) and click on “Watch this page” on the left. Then, click on “My Watchlist” on the left. It’s like Recent Changes, but only for the pages on your watch list.

Reverting pages: see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: … er_version

Edit: I think I’ll repeat this one more time - be bold in editing pages!

By the way, whoever copied the descriptions of MILD and WBTB from elsewhere in the forum, please be a little careful! This sentence got into the book:

Although the wikibook will mostly have people from ld4all.com editing it, it doesn’t belong to ld4all.com! It is strictly the property of nobody and everybody.

Don’t worry, I corrected it.

darn it lol i messed up. Sorry! Thanks for polishing up my typing. I realize the style of writing I did wasn’t as bright as yours…

That’s OK infection0. Now I’m thinking “if all I needed was a few tiny edits to get me writing several pages - why didn’t I just do those tiny edits myself?” (look at the new Induction Techniques page! :bored: )

I think I’ll put up a progress report and edit it every now and again and I’m starting now. Last updated this 3rd March.

Edit: The main page now has status indicators. Wahey!

so it is really a huge manual on lucid dreaming? with everything you can think of terms how to why etc?

No terms unfortunately. Was there some link to where all the terms were? Some dictionary with a game at the bottom of the screen? I don’t remember… And whoever had it, can we copy directly? We DO describe every single term we use… hey let’s put up a FAQ page… anyone who wants a question answered would post their question in the FAQ… and we would edit in the answer!

hey i don’t know what r3m0t’s talkign about, but there are indeed ideas for dreams in there… and if you’re reading this could you help us out… when you answer a newbie’s question, refer the newbie to the wikibook! and if the wikibook doesn’t contain answers to that question, add it in and tell the newbie to read your answer at the wiki… it’s not that hard and you provide a permanent record! thanks…

Yes, it is pretty much a big guide with everything about lucid dreaming. Except that anybody can add to it, which should speed everything up a bit :wink: .

The glossary at the end is like a dictionary. In the main text though I use as few acronyms as possible e.g. reality checks instead of Reality Checks or RCs.

If you want a question answered, just put it in the relevant section and write “to be written” below it. I’ll fill that in! :wink: If you aren’t comfortable editing the wiki just PM me and I’ll put it all in.

There aren’t any ideas for dreams at the moment. That’s the main thing which is missing, I think. There were a few ideas mentioned in the introduction, but more should be put in the using section.

The wikibook already covers loads of material quite well! :grin: So instead of explaining something tell the newbie to read the appropriate part of the wikibook. If you could improve it, however, please do! :smile:

hidden bump

Don’t anybody think that the project is dying, I’m still adding stuff!

I want to ask who posted this message:

I suspect it was somebody from the forum glares around but could they please go and reply at the talk page? And sign this time :tongue:

hahahaha!!
(hidden bump?)
keep working on it!!

Hey, somebody else help me out here then infection0! I’m going pretty slow as it is, but I’m sure somebody out there* has some cool ideas!

At the moment I’ll be adding new pages for each reality check. On each of them, I want how to do it, when you can do it (apart from regularly) (e.g. mirror reality check - obviously, do it every time you see a mirror!), why it works (if known) and a bunch of examples of it working and not working.

• possibly fictional being

Woo, I’ve done quite a lot recently. Thanks to tapir for adding LILD, he even thought to PM me to ask me if he’de done it correctly!

Unfortunately, I have not found any anecdotes whatsoever of LILD working. I’m considering removing it until I do find some. I do remember pasQuale once had a dream where a DC would remind her whenever she forgot :smile: but that was only within the single dream.

With a bit of talking with the inventor of the CAT technique it may be added in full to the wiki.

I am considering adding a “traffic-light” system where each technique recieves a traffic light colour depending on how much research has been done on the technique (green) or how many anecdotes have been found of it working (green/yellow, yellow, red). Unfortunately, LILD would go in red, as I haven’t read of it working. VILD would have to go in yellow, because I’ve only heard of it working for Pedro. MILD and WILD would be in green.

What do other people think about this?

Whooo lookee everybody, shiny new header at the top of each page! Man that is sweet :cool: .

I’m also adding yellow boxes with links to related forum threads. You can see this already for WILD, VILD, WBTB and RCs in Induction Techniques.

Yes, a color system that indicates wether a technique is just an idea, is working for some people or many people is certainly useful for beginners
Much better than deleting methods that don´t seem to work imho, since this way the wiki won´t be only a place for newbies to learn what lucid dreaming is, but also a interesting read for people who know about all the basic techs to get some inspiration what could be tried

t

It isn’t “just an idea”, it’s just that nobody seems to have reported it as working! I know a possible reason, but I don’t want to say; you can work it out yourself by looking at the technique carefully.

As far as I can see, there aren’t many new ideas around right now. I’m beginning to feel everybody here who gives advice repeat themselves, which is partly what the wikibook attempts to solve - if everybody can add, it’ll have everybody’s advice, hopefully with the best wording too!

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:00 pm:

By the way, I never meant it to be only for newbies. It’s meant to be complete. I don’t mind infection0 calling it “Indispensible for newbies”, though :smile:. If it was indispensible then, what is it now? :grin:

Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:53 pm:

I’m going to put a full list of topics on the wikibook soon. If anybody wants to beat me to it… well, your choice! :smile:

Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:01 pm:

OK, I’m getting quite pissed off now, as nobody’s helping. So I’m copying the description which I previously wrote here in hope to attract people again.

Well, so far, about 24 pages have been written (yes, that’s right, 24!) and 20 pages of handy material sit in the Appendixes section. But it needs proofreading, checking, adding, and re-organising.

Second link in my signature. And sorry if that sounds nasty.

In other news, I’m going to add that “traffic-light” system I mentioned earlier.

:user: (delete this post)

Recently I have found that more people than I thought have read the wikibook :grin: and now I’de like to do a quick poll on who’s read it, how they’de rate it, and what needs to be added.

In other news, I did add the traffic-light system. I need to update the “forum topic” lists. I also used a bit of wiki magic :wizard: :user: to fix up the design on the Using page really nicely (compare to the old version). The LD FAQ in Appendixes was fixed up very nicely. The “Interpreting Dreams” section is coming along nicely. A lovely banner and conclusion were added at the end of LD Using. And that’s about it.

The main page of the Lucid dreaming wikibook recieved a total of 1118 pageviews last month. The other pages:

LD Introduction - 387
LD Dream Recall - 375
LD Induction Techniques - 709
LD Using - 229
LD Glossary - 89
LD Appendices - 153
LD Further Reading - 71

Pretty good, even if a lot of it was me :smile:

Edit: this month is looking good.

I’m getting really pissed off now (again), but not because nobody is contributing: there have been plenty of anonymous contributions recently and a fourth author just joined yesterday!

No, I’m pissed off because there’s a vote and I’m on the losing side. So I’de like to ask more people to vote, and hopefully things might swing to my point-of-view. :smile:

The vote is over!

I recommend you read the “LILD discussion” section too before voting. It won’t take long!

I don’t meanto add to your frustration. But I didn’t understand the link you put in your post. I read through the LILD topic and it seemed quite erratic. But prehaps I was skimming through it to fast.

What vote? I didn’t even see something to do with voting on the page.

I don’t understand this either. Is this the vote? Is this an argument, or just to contadictor statments near each other?

Sorry to piss you off further, but what is the topic about? It’s like reading the middle of an article.

Wow, how did you get your wikibook to be visitedthat much? Did you advertise.