Cure for Insomnia

Hey everyone,

I had my first LD the other night, but it was quick one. I was too excited so I woke up. What ashame. Anyways, ever since, I’ve been having some SERIOUS trouble trying to go back to sleep. It’s like a temporary Insomnia. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to cure this sleeping disorder due to an LD???

Well, you could try some relaxation techniques like the 61-point exercise, or maybe the sleep induction binaural beats from the Brainwave Generator can help. If all else fails, there’s always a glass of warm milk or tea…

I don’t know if it’s much of a sleeping disorder. I find that for a number of weeks I fall asleep really fast, and then for a number of weeks I have trouble getting back to sleep. Maybe the LD just influenced your sleeping habits a little, causing you to have trouble getting back to sleep.

I also find the quickest way for me to fall asleep is to lie completely still in a fetal position (on one of your sides, legs curled up). That may be personal though. I do believe that turning and tossing and changing position often only makes it more difficult to fall asleep. Good luck!

I’ve had similar problems with insomnia resulting from WILD attempts. I find it hard not to pay attention to HI and when I do I can’t fall asleep. I can’t offer much advise but try meditating for a while before attempting to fall asleep.

I used to write, and reading works too, it depends on the case. Once the light turns on, that ruins everything :bored: T.v. always works too :content: What have you tried yet, Genesis?

Congrats on your ld btw :smile:

Could it be that you’re so excited by the idea of having another LD that you just can’t stop thinking about it while you’re trying to get to sleep? I had a similar problem after my first LD. I wanted to get to sleep so badly the next night that I ended up lying there awake for hours.

Anyway, you could try any of the previously mentioned meditation/relaxation techniques, they should help. Also, do you have a regluar sleep schedule? If you get to bed at the same time every night, you’ll find it’s much easier to fall asleep. The brain really likes routines. :smile:

whenever i can’t get to sleep, i drink some milk and have some turkey… works like a charm :wink:.

also, you need to get over the excitement of your last ld. i’m sure that has a part in why you can’t sleep… just relax and let your body do the rest. good luck

I would masturbate, it would relax me, but lately I’ve had no urge to do it and need something to make kme go to sleep easier. I imagine doing something boring might help me. Doing math always made me sleepy and bored out of my mind.

i’d go for the masturbating, works better. Being bored doesn’t make me want to go to sleep, just to do something fun.

hey lucid sky dreams, very nice description on your location there! The Beatles are amazing, the best band that ever will exist! just thought i’d let you know i like your local :wink: