New here? shake hands with the rest of us :)

yes, i am vote_rossy69…but im so sick of that name ive used it too much. Any way, im gonna delete that other account if i can figure out how…is it possible?

kmcdonald, I find it interesting how you say most Christians tend not to be very open-minded. I couldn’t agree with you more! I too, was raised in a Christian(Catholic) household where any thoughts out of the ordinary were looked down upon.

Thankfully, I broke past that barrier and now I have my own perception of the world and think for myself I guess you could say (hence the term “freethinker”).

Also, good luck with your return to lucid dreaming. I agree that if you lose interest for a while it all goes down the tubes… happened to me and now I’m just coming back again. Hopefully you and I will be able to commit to it a little more this time. :smile:

My name is SKit (No, that’s not my real name :content: ). I don’t no where I picked that up, but there it is. I live in Nurmo, Finland(read: In the middle of nowhere). I’m interested in hiphop-music, and so is FVM, but he won’t admit it.

Well that’s some big fat lie :happy: . I mean I’m not interested in hiphop-music. Really. I can listen it, but I’m not into it. Anyway, who cares?

I’ve been around the forum for a while but I haven’t posted for a while as its good to get around the net and weadle all the knowledge you can out of other people elsewhere.

I’m 29 although 30 looms, so I’m old for a luicd dreamer on the net anyway and on this forum. I’m not sure why this is but I think that before the 80’s lucid dreaming was refered to as OB’s or Astral projections even if they were not and you’ll tend to notice older net users who stick to the spritual camp. Me myself I’m open and undecided.

I’m an artist (illustrator to ern my crust) in waking life and live in the good old UK. I have experinced lucid dreams as a kid but of course could not name them.

What drew me and still drives me to explore luicd dreams are my psi experiences (well I should more accuratly say the unexplained stuff thats happened to me). Most of these experinces have nothing to do dreaming or being luicd but I think same mind states involved could be a link.

I’m really into lucid dreaming for the shared lucids (achievable via psi ((if it is reality)). I firmly beleive the incidence of shared lucids will increase as more people find out and experince luicd dreaming. Never give up trying to have a luicd dream if your having difficulty, they will come and they are worth it.

Also don’t keep it to yourself, spread the word, if your involved in other off topic forums post about lucid dreaming. My website at mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossr … mepage.htm is specifically aimed at shared lucid dreaming and the creation of a shared dream space but look round the net and bring back cool site that you’ve found.

Many hand make light work :alien:

Hello everybody… I am relatively new to this site and LDing. I have been aware of what LDs are for a while, but a month or two ago I had my first LD, and have been hooked every since. I havent had any since then, but I have been learning the techniques and keeping a journal. I am an aspiring artist and I have always found my best inspiration from my dreams. I just never knew that there was so much more that they had to offer. I know this is the tip of the iceberg, and it also is very closely intertwined with shaman beliefs and vision quests. Oh, so much to say…
hello again and thanks,
Greenember :scream:

yo. my name is tyler, i’m 16, and i am just now working on getting my first real ld. after reading this site and watching waking life i’ve become fascinated with the subject. i’m obsessed with music, and i hope to one day use ld’s to get musical inspiration. i also hope to use lds to expand my mind and knowledge of myself. over the past week i’ve been doing rc’s and trying different methods (napping a lot). my dreams are so bizarre i dont know why i don’t ld naturally.

so i probably wont be posting here until i get some real ld experience, but i’ll post when something interesting happens. later!

My name is Joakim, I’m 17 (soon) and live in Sweden.
I think that Cannabis and other natural psychadelics should be legal.
If you have those opinions in Sweden 90% population thinks you’re crazy.
I’m a vegetarian. I like to listen/play music. I play the bass.
At the moment I’m reading ‘Chaos, creativity and cosmic consciouness’.
I like to think about the universe and human nature (and everything else :eek: )
I also like Star trek.

I’m sort of new, I suppose; I haven’t posted here in many months. Before the new forum was introduced, in fact. But I originally saw this forum about three years ago. Much has changed since then, so I guess I’m a combination newbie/oldie.

Hello everyone. I’m DJem. The creater of ‘m5mm’ and Bergan brewery in Norway (makes cider, beer, wine, liqour and new brands) The last year I have studied extraordinary things like lucid dreaming. I’m 17yr old and live in a small village called Tjølling in Larvik (a place in east Norway). Lucid dreaming is not very known arond here and theres just 7 people that know what it is, and 4 of them that have done it. thats about 0,175% of the population.

When it comes to drugs I would have to say that I tolerate use of natural drugs like alcohol and maruana as long as you know how much to take and hwo often (never tried maruana myself). As a owner of a brewery I know that even alcohol is deadly if you don’t know what your doing. (before you legalizers scream out, maruana killes too if you use it wrong.)

Too all you new guys that havn’t tried lucid dreaming yet. DO NOT WAIT. Do what ever it takes. It’s the ultimate freedom and the only way you can prelong your life to the limit. And share your experience as well as your metodes to everyone on this forum.

Also post your opinion about the world and how it works at ld4all.com/viewtopic.php?t=585

And to all scandinaviens: Ha en fin dag og drøm søtt.

[size=150]Live the LD way of life [/size]

Hello everyone! Nice to see the people behind the web-identities.

My name’s Michael. I was born in 1975 and have lived in England all my life, except for the occasional few months. My sign-in name is a tribute to the philosopher Walter Benjamin and his theories of language and history. I’ve suffered for most of my life from an undiagnosed chronic fatigue-type illness, depression, anxiety and insomnia. Over the past few years I managed to achieve a good level of energy through vegan wholefood diet, meditation, yoga and medicinal herbs. Unfortunately I have suffered a setback and been quite ill for the past 2 months.

I’ve always been a trippy kind of person and got into LSD when I was about 17. I think it helped my faculties to develop, although I did not really know how to use it to the full at the time. I very rarely remembered my dreams until I read about LD and decided to write them down. As soon as I started to remember my dreams, my insomnia was cured! I have had slow but sure success with LD and now, after about a year and a half, remember LDs on average about once a week. My project now is to increase the frequency, clarity and length of my LDs. I don’t use synthetic drugs at all any more (including sugar) but occasionally use natural psychedelics in a careful and serious way.

I’m an eco-anarchist, hunt saboteur and animal rights activist. When I’m well I get into all sorts of trouble around the Brighton area. I also read philosophy (Nietzsche at the moment) and write short stories and performance poetry. I hope to meet a trippy vegan lady one day.

Hi all, im a bit late in posting here but better than ever…well m2k961 came from my AIM name, it doesnt have a meaning. My actual name is Matt, im 14, living in New York City. I like it here, but theres alot of…wierd…people here :alien: . I got into lucid dreaming from really a dream I had, it was me and my friend (a girl) makin out so when i told her i remembered this really short slip on TV about these people reviewing “a device that can control your dreams.” I researched it on the internet, (NovaDreamer) and read about all the interesting things about lucid dreaming. I found this site and thought it was a good opertunity to learn more. Originally i thought i had to buy a NovaDreamer to become lucid, and thats fine wit me but the hefty price tag led me to find other ways. Since about 2 weeks ago i had about 3 LD’s (low and high lucidity) and im hooked. My house is completely bad for LD’s…but ill hafta work around that.
In about 2 days i start High School, thats gonna make some pretty intresting dreams :eek: but all the better. OH NO I FORGOT TO DO MY DJ…bleh i cant remember my dream now. Something about a motorcycle and fireworks.
Well thats me, shakes hands wit everyone

hello everybody :smile:

i’ve been registered here for a few days and now i’m finally here to shake hands (the first post is always the hardest :wink: )

about my nick: actually it should be “tö” (i wonder if that letter shows up correctly), a nickname that has no real meaning and originated in my real life several years ago

i had my first lucid dream about two years ago, after watching a voyager-episode called “waking moments”, in which a character knows that he’s dreaming whenever he sees the moon in his dream. that night i went to bed without planning to have an LD, yet i suddenly became lucid after seeing a white circle on a computer monitor (which could be interpreted as the moon). too bad i immediately woke up from the excitement :neutral:

the following days i tried to repeat that experience, but didn’t succeed and forgot about lucid dreams (i didn’t even know the term back then) a while later

a few weeks ago i stumbled over lucidity.com and shortly after over this site and since then i’ve been trying to become lucid again. wish me luck :wink:

Hi. My name’s Rachel and I’m 17. I’m a high school senior. I’m a Christian, and I agree that a lot of Christians aren’t open-minded and would say a lot of things are of the devil. Not all are like that. Interestingly enough, a lot of my Christian friends have had lucid dreams at least once. They aren’t aware of the term and they don’t know how to induce them, but they’ve had some.

I’m interested in a lot of things. I’m a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do. I used to play on a soccer team, and I play sometimes for fun. (My username is just the standard username I’ve used for years. I use it everywhere because I don’t want to have to remember thousands of them.) I’m fascinated with ideas and philosophies, even though I might not agree with many of them. I love science, especially physics. I sometimes write poetry or stories.

I’ve always been interested in the mind, states of consciousness, dreams, and such. I stumbled across lucid dreaming the summer before ninth grade when I read an email my dad’s friend had sent to him. It said something like, “Check out this site. It has great music in the background. It’s also cool if you’re interested in dreams.” The site was www.dreamemporium.com and it talked mostly about dream interpretation, but it had one page on lucid dreaming. I was immediately interested. I started a dream journal and read about ways to induce lucid dreams. It took me about a month to have my first one.

Since then, I’ve been into it off and on, mostly in the summers. I don’t believe it’s wrong for Christians (obviously) but I don’t think it’s right to be obsessed (which is my natural tendency when I’ve got a new special interest). I have to keep reminding myself when I’m interested in something that other things are more important.

So, that’s pretty much me. I’m sorry if I bored anyone. :smile:

Obsession is efficient! :grin:

“You should be prepared to give your right arm for the truth.” - Zen buddhist saying.

Pass the hacksaw and give me something to bite on. :grin:

My name is Collin Bockman, I am 17 and a senior in high school. I am heavily involved in policy debate (any others?). I also participate in speech and jazz band.

Music has been part of my life for as long as I can remember, and I play the piano, acoustic guitar, 7-string guitar (favorite!), bass guitar, and all saxophones. As far as listening…I’m almost disgusted by the ever-growing commercialized crap section of music, which has packaged and sold nearly every interesting subculture (like punk, gothic, rave) into mainstream “coolness”. Pre-shrink-wrapped rebellion. Buy it at your local mall. Whoo hoo. I am at once happy that I can get clothes I like close to home, and disappointed that the subcultures have become so mainstream, hence defeating the whole point of the cultural underground. Anyways, I am mostly into classic/industrial metal and trance music, as well as a lot of mellow stuff and some punk and alternative rock. My favorite bands/musical ppl ever are KMFDM, Nine Inch Nails, Jimi Hendrix, Aphex Twin, Paul Oakenfold, the Beatles, Radiohead, Black Sabbath, KoRn, Finger Eleven, the Ataris, and Led Zeppelin.

I love computers, and will probably major in computer science or computer engineering once I make it to college… Speaking of comps, video games have always been a favorite “pastime” of mine…I love RPGs as single player games, and I play Starcraft/Brood War, Unreal Tournament, and (recently) HL:Counterstrike online (anyone else?). I don’t have enough free time to really become godly at them, but I’m OK…

I’ve been interested in world politics and philosophy for a couple years…I need to find a starting point, as right now for debate I’m working on understanding Michel Foucault, because his philosophies are used as kritikal arguments all the time…but lacking a background in philosophy it’s rather difficult as this guy was messed up… I have been somewhat of an anarchist in the past, but I’m not very sure at all where I stand now. I suppose I recognize that the state is a necessary evil…just that it’s got some MAJOR problems at the roots of the system that need to be completely worked over…but even that isn’t very sure…

Reading is awesome, I read all the time…probably my favorite books ever are the Silmarillion by JRR Tolkein, Fight Club (or Survivor…can’t decide which) by Chuck Palahnuik, and the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I’ve read tons of fantasy series, including the Lord of the Rings (several times), the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, the Sword of Truth (all but the last book) by Terry Goodkind, and Dune by Frank Herbert (once again, all but the last book…) plus countless other random books.

I stumbled across this site almost a year ago. Before I randomly discovered the term “lucid dreaming” on the Internet, I had no idea what it was called. I had already experienced several LD’s, and remembered them as being very cool but not knowing there was an actual scientific term for it. Since then, I’ve succeeded in having many more LD’s and even some success at WILD. I keep a somewhat comprehensive dream journal, and have identified many of the characters, themes, and worlds in my dreams. I see dreaming as a valuable tool to learn more about myself and the universe…presently a new avatar is cooking in the corners of my mind, which I will transfer to paper sometime soon…

Hi there. I live in Sweden, and I consider mentioning my age irrelevant. I hope for many lucid dreams in my life :content:

Hi, I’m back :smile: My real name is Aubra from Seattle, WA. I’m 24 & am a student & the Univ. of WA (which I LOVE). I’m majoring in Psychology with some focus on dreaming and memory.

I keep busy with my two great cats & being a newlywed of 3 months. :wiske: On the side, I have a really great band (Carbon Fever), that plays at bars around the Puget Sound.

I’ve been lucid dreaming since I was 10? and really love this site. I’ve been given some invaluable suggestions that have really changed my dreaming experience. Cheers! :alien: