Funny People

Ya it seems you came up really easy.
Freedom. I haven’t yet gone on that. What freedom has been shown to me? None. The best of trips were the ones where I had freedom. I could do whatever I wanted when I wanted. High school has given me more freedom but still not enough. They want to confine every single essence of freedom into a little corner and let it rot. This freedom is a secret that everyone knows. See we are not supposed to know the freedom but we still know it’s their and somewhere we will find that room and we will find freedom and it will be accessible to everyone and people will act off it. Now knowing that we have this freedom imagine what can be done.
Their will be no raising from the ashes here, for their never was any ashes. We will rise from the ground and they will still try to push us down but we will show them. For we are not like we were. THE TIME OF CHANGE HAS COME.
WE STILL HAVE OUR FREEDOM NO MATTER WHAT THEY THINK AND NOW THEY CAN’T TAKE IT AWAY.
Our freedom is coming back and it’s spreading.
Thank you.

I actually want to be a teacher (elementary) for the reason that I can’t stand seeing teachers teaching the way they do. I’ve had good teachers, and (lots of) bad teachers.

Warning, Rant ahead!
One of my teachers this year went out for 20 min’s every class to have a smoke break, came back and ate his lunch while we copied down notes. If anyone said anything, or (literatly) fidgeted he would yell ‘Get the hell out of my class!’. He got paid for it, we didn’t learn a thing. This is how my school works.
My Spanish teacher kicked about half the people out into the hall. She would not take our questions, Once I said 'Could you explain the preterete form of “ir” ’ and she said ‘Memorise it. I don’t have time to tell you’. We would spend entire classes doing NOTHING because she didn’t know what to assign us. She took 2 weeks of time off to go to spain right before the winter holidays, making her winter holidays 4 weeks long. Then she took 5 preperation days to MARK. WHAT she is marking is a mystery to me.
Don’t let me get started on the PE teachers. :confused:

There are awesome teachers, but most only teach Grade 12. My school is known as the ‘best in the district’
I know that my school is a lot better than many schools out there, and I’m glad that as of now I’m exactly 1/2 finished High School :grin:!!!

you know what I think? i think…

We don’t need no education…We don’t need no thought control…No dark sarcasm in the classroom, teacher leave them kids alone.
Hey! Teacher, leave them kids alone.

It’s been said and will continually be said, we really don’t need the education they give us. Thought controlling bastards. It’s not about learning cause they just teach us useless crap, it’s about control. Authority. I think it would be really good and quite funny, if you’ve ever watched the movie, if we did what those kids did. Burn it down and break everything. They can’t arrest an entire school of kids can they?

They can try.

We do need education, science, technology and math… you do need to teach kids about these things. I’m glad that I’ve had school. I don’t like it, enjoy it and I often think It’s a waste of time, but I’m glad that I understand about things I’ve learned in Science, and know a bit about Canada from Socials, and can use math. We DO need education, we just need a new education system.

Think of it as Home Schooling at School. You do everything at your own pace with Teachers NOT putting deadlines, homework exc. You still have time for a life and you don’t have to wait around if you get a concept that everyone else doesn’t get.
There are lectures that happen about once every 2 weeks so you can take them when you’re ready, or listen 2ce if you have to.
NO EXAMS
We should put pressure on finding out what students know, not what student’s DON’T know.
Students have to go to school 5 days a week, and for the amount of time that is required, but you are always aloud bathroom breaks, lunch hours, and you can pick what you work on in the day.
If it gives the student’s some control, it’s a good thing. When students have controll they won’t rebell, we aren’t as irresponsable as teachers think

See this is what I mean. Corruption at one of its finest forms. This is why we need to do something about it. We can’t stay silent forever. We must speak out. I’m not talking about a message board. I’m talking to the teachers. I AM NOT TAKING ANYMORE CRAP FROM THEM. If the teacher will give me crap then he better get ready. I have seen to many kids take shit from teachers and it is time to do something about it. I have seen kids stand up to me and then they’d get pushed down. Pushed away. NOT ANY MORE. We need education. Of course we do. It’s how we get this education. That’s the real problem. We don’t want a war Lucid Sky Dreams we want a rebellion. A revolution. A change for the good, for us. The actual people who have their eyes open and are seeing what’s happening. That’s who should have control. Not THEM! But US. We are the next generation. Change comes with time and the time has come.
For we have already wasted so much time without a cause.
Now we must assemble and our numbers grow with each passing moment. I am just so sick at it all. Sitting and watching it happen when and doing nothing. Isn’t that a cause. TO DO SOMETHING!
IT IS OUR TIME NOW! SO LET’S MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF IT!
Thank you.

Hmm, going to try putting together a big post here…

Firstly, Technodreamer. It annoys me no end when I can hear the scratchy sound of earphones. I don’t care whether it helps you concentrate, reduces stress, or whatever. I hate it. The same goes for chewing gum. It does actually help you learn. There was a scientific study where some gum-chewers learnt while chewing gum, some “wannabes” learnt while pretending to chew gum, and a control group learnt without chewing gum. The gum-chewers came out first, then the wannabes, then the control. But imagine that you’re a teacher - can you stand 10-30 jaws moving robotically while you speak? I would hate it, and so would the researchers (or so they said).

The laws in England or maybe the UK say a lunch has to be provided regardless of any detention and that students can only be kept in 15-20 minutes (varies by age) after school without parent’s prior permission. Apart from that they have pretty much a free rein with punishments.

OK, next rant - standardized tests.

ARGH!

England* is full of standardized tests to the brim. I will outline:

Standard Aptitude Tests (Key Stage 1) (Year 2, ages 6-7) - you go out of the classroom one by one, name the months, days and stuff, do some sums, and for Science you have to guess how oil and water will mix, among other stuff. I can’t remember these very much. Graded 1-3, 2 average, 4 extension.

Standard Aptitude Tests (Key Stage 2) (Year 6, ages 10-11) - proper tests begin. Calculator, non-calculator and mental math tests. Writing, reading, Science etc. Generally a shcool starts to stream you in year 6. The whole year practically revolves around the SATs. Graded 3-5, 4 average, 6 extension.

Secondary School Entry Tests - at the same time you have to go to about 10 schools and finish the damned Nelson tests where you have to mark box after box after tiny little box. Eventually you get some offers for which schools you can enter.

Standard Aptitude Tests (Key Stage 3) (Year 9, ages 13-14) - yet more tests! Very little seems to be learned in Key Stage 3 at all (I think they could actually cut a whole damn year with a bit of effort). Math, Science, English and soon Information Technology too. Graded 5-7, 6 average, 8 entension.

I was amazed to see how much fluctuation there seems to be in how difficult the tests are. The 6-8 calculator paper in math was horrendously difficult. There were 2 pages left when I finished of questions left totally unanswered, and I’m one of the best in math in the whole year. They overcompensated and about 75% of the top set class got level 8. They really need to sort that out.

School is now voluntary at this point.

General Certificate for Secondary Education (Key Stage 4) (Years 10-11, ages 14-16) - Now the coursework starts. English, Math and Science compulsory. Most schools also make you do a technology (IT, Food, Child Dev, Music, Art), a humanity and a foreign language. You are totally overloaded with coursework from almost every subject (main exceptions are some foreign languages and jewish education). Your tests tend to be spread out through two years but oh my god, there are so many of them.

A Levels (Years 12-13, ages 16-18) - You choose 4 or 5 topics and do 1 of them only to halfway. More coursework, far more complicated stuff, a general challenge. You choose a university course about now. Some people basically have their whole lives decided by doing Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. They then run off to university and have very little choice on what they can do and a hugely unbalanced education. :grrr:

Oh, and another thing is the Module 1 for Mathematics. Nothing is new in it. Nothing. It just wastes two terms so that we can repeat the stuff we did in key stage 3…

I didn’t mention the numerous tests schools set their pupils and have marked by the *** at Nelson. I hate that company.
*Scotland at least has a slightly different education system.

I agree. I have has some thick adults tell me they wish they had studied harder at school so they could have got a better job.

I could argue that, that is what a test does, finds out what we know. :tongue:

I find in my school the field is a better option. :eek:

You we will always get children who do because they are thick. But let them be, and focus on those who want to learn. They will regret it later, all you can say is that you tried to make them see.

I don’t take ■■■■ from teachers. They interrupt me constantly when I try to argue against “their proffesional jugment”. :rofl:

Leave chewing gum out of this. :grrr:

I have to admit, the foreighn europian countries have a much better disipline sytem, fair, and the teachers don’t issue it. They have other people who control behavior while teachers teach. AS a result, teachers are able to work on teaching, and creating class motivation. :smile:

I agree, we should fight on their grounds (not on the school grounds, on “their” grounds). However, I am a child and cannot see as far as adults can. So it is ineditable that adult teachers will continue to get their way without other adult support. We need parental support and the surrounding worlds support. To do this we would have to show them what goes on. This is hard when teachers are trying to prevent any “mischief” like this by patronsing you. :sad:

I also think that children in society aren’t treated as fairly as adults. For example, I waited an hour to get my fish and chips in a shop. While all the adults were being surved immediatley. So I went up and the lady gave me the meal after I throuwned at her.

I think this is changing though, as the younger generations are starting to take over the work places. I find that shop assistancents treat me as an adult. Am I growing up, or has the world become more fair where I live?

Tests. Tony Blairs “solution” to yet another problem. sigh Next he’ll kill off anyone who rebels. :tongue:

r3m0t, did you have to do that test where you have about 60 seconds to do 30 hard questions. I can’t remember the name. A bit like an IQ test. I was sussposed to be annonimous, but teachers have started giving us our results back. By annonimous I assume they really ment they would put them on a poster in town! I got a C/D as predicted sinse but A* when I got to the proper test. Ha! :tongue:

Sorry it was so long :eek:

charlottedreamer, don’t become a teacher. You can get a much better job with you knolage.

Do become a teacher at least you have a great cause.
Technodreamer. Sometimes children can see even farther then adults.
A lot of people have their views straight. They look at the world as if it was a line and you pass things on this line and you keep going. They never turn, backup or stop on this line. For they know nothing of another line and that’s where their wrong. Because the world is not a line. It has many twists and turns and sometime you just have to stand there in bewilderment. Just to think of where to go next. See one of your comments was that “You we will always get children who do because they are thick. But let them be, and focus on those who want to learn. They will regret it later, all you can say is that you tried to make them see.”
See I want to learn but I am getting nothing. I am a smart person. Almost all the fields I know I have never used in school never. Yet. If Einstein never went to school would he still be considered a genius? Think about it. Now actually a lot of US, if a rebellion is going to happen another problem is how the new power is to be balanced out. Who is going to fix it? The government?
THEY’RE THE ONES WHO CREATED THIS SYSTEM!
See and that’s why it’s the kids rebelling. Their is a way where US and the people can find a way to live together without even thinking of this but now I think that if we don’t act soon their never be such a time.
For this is the reason that we should do something. Ever see the movie Donnie Darko? Well their is a part where he is in his English class and the teacher made a line Fear-------------------------------Love and she gave everyone a card with a scenario on it. Now he went to the front and said his scenario and said that it fit neither of the categories. A big argument came up and he was kicked out of the class. This is what I’m talking about. Can’t you see what’s happening? Every time it gets worse and soon we will get into situations just like that, everyday. If Tony Blair will kill rebels then why are we worried? I used the term rebel as for the people of change. We are rebels, we just think that enough time has passed and it’s time to go and do something. Their is enough of us to stop the corruption. Because other then US… their is no one else to do it.
Thank you.

This is a call upon US. An act to show our rights. To fight against corruption. We can right the wrongs and restore our freedom, hopes, rights, our future. It all lies in our hands and this is the bare truth. You may not be affected so much but it will catch up to you. Our liberation had come and this time everyone will see it. Every time someone is pushed down. Every time someone is pushed away. I will not allow that to happen anymore. To many times has this happened and now we can finally do something about it.
WE SHALL DEPRIVE THE CORRUPTION FROM THE SYSTEM!! WE MUST MAKE A STAND! FIRM GROUND! NOT ONE STEP BACK! We shall move on from there and no one will ever have to see this happen again.

I ask now are you with me.
Thank you.

I’m with you…

doctors prescribe
psychos put to rest
doctors prescribe
psychos put to rest
doctors prescribe
psychos put to rest
doctors prescribe
to quiet the protest!

this is the system that says don’t listen
authority isn’t given to anyone at all
anarchy, peace, and no fucking control

i think the system is out of it’s mind
not out of control just full of assholes
and i think it’s about time we take a stand
let’s burn it the fuck down and take command
tear apart the system that you once loved
we will build the first uncontrolling one
the system that will provail when others fail

this is creation of a hate filled nation
in this is a world of control and demise
do what your told and dont ever ask why

doctors prescribe
to make a zombie
doctors prescribe
to make a zombie
doctors prescribe
to make a zombie
doctors prescribe
their making an army!

doctors prescribe
but we dont listen
doctors prescribe
but we dont listen
doctors prescribe
but we dont listen
doctors prescribe
we’re burning down the system!

We should rebel but in a non violent way. I beleive that it is the goverments fault for not paying teachers enough. So there for there are some thick adults highered to teach us. This doesn’t work when the student becomes smarter than the adult.

Some teachers get this idea that it is impossible for them to make mistakes. This is stupid unless, ofcourse… they aren’t human. Sorry, couldn’t resist. :tongue:

Ya I’m not asking for some god damn war. No siry but it is time for a change. We ain’t against the governement yet. Our goal should be to fix this our selves. We weren’t the ones who built the system. We almost had no power, if none, over the system. Now we can. They can’t fix it anymore. They never did. It’s our turn.
FOR THE PEOPLE. For the system. For us.
Thank you.

We aren’t :confused:

No not the governement. Not yet. We will be.
The system is run by the governement yes but their is a a tiny space where we can fight the system and not the goverenment. I a sense it will be affecting the goverenment but our aim is not the governement but the whole system not the people running. We fight the system down and then we build up. That way the foundation is strong enough to support the change and allow room for it.
Thank you.

Can we target the goverment anyway. What about… the huton report, yes, we could easly accuse the goverment there. :tongue:

Oh yes of course we could but would that be nessary right now? In the end the governement is the true enemy. I don’t want to sound like I’m a terrorist but they really are. We don’t want a change in the governement, we just want a change in the ruling. The system must be cleaned up.
Thank you.

Lol, I noticed you put Thanks you on the end of every of your posts.

KILL THE GOVERMENT! TOTURE THEM! THROW BOMBS ON THEM!
I would mind a system that enforces money into education and not the army.

Your welcome :tongue:

I say thanks because ever time you read my posts your probably waisting your free time so I say thanks for taking some time. I don’t think it’s the issue that they’re not getting payed enough.
Do you mean you wouldn’t mind? Education is more inportant then an army but also safety is also very important. But when you use that money to invade another country and destroy it. That’s not a good use of it.
The governement won’t do this. How do I know? because they haven’t yet. Thats where we come in. We are the next generation. Infinite power lies in every one of us. All we have to do is harness that power and everyone will see. The teachers,parents and the governement will see the power we have. They will be so over wellmend that they’ll step back for a moment and that wil be our cue to move in and through the light we shall come and we will destroy their imaginary kingdom and show the real world.
Thank you.

So technodreamer you in? Anyone else? If you are.
Thank you.