Dreaming of Lucid Dreaming

Alright, Friday night I looked up a lot of stuff about LDs and talked about them and such. When I went to sleep, I had a dream that I was having a LD… I looked at my watch and it said 9:50 or something like that, I looked away and asked “Am I dreaming?” and then looked back and my watch said some nonsensical thing like 16.10, so I determined that yes, I was dreaming; I was having a lucid dream. But I don’t really remember what happened after that, I didn’t do anything extraodinary… I may have had a FA, I honestly don’t remember, but I didn’t feel like I’d had a LD, just a dream about having a lucid dream. Does that make any sense?? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Yeah i get that all the time… I dream that im talking to people about dreaming and lucid dreaming at what not… Usually i dont do a reality check because im to preabsorbed with what im doing at that moment, so i dont become lucid… I had a dream a couple of nights ago, that i was trying to find some dude that was supposed to teach me everything on dreaming, and becoming lucid. I think he might of been my spirit guide or something, but the bastard kept me waiting outside his house in the cold…

yes, don’t worry… this is a common occurence, and it doesn’t mean anything bad. just keep with your techniques, your getting close… and a real LD will come to you soon enough :smile:

I get these a lot too. Recently I’ve been reading carefully through all my dreams and they’re starting to influence present ones - characters appearing again but in different context.

I experienced something similar, only 2 days after I found about LD’s. I think that it actually was a very low-level LD with a FA. It’s harder to remember dreams after FA, even lucid ones, and FA can make you think that it was a “dream within a dream”.
But it’s only terminology - you may call it as you like :smile: It means you’re getting closer.

Okay cool, thanks people. I’d heard of people having dreams within dreams, but not lucid dreams within dreams, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t way off track or anything ^^;;

I once had a dream that me and my brother were being chased down a hill, and I said to him “don’t worry, I can transport us to wherever I want, we’re in a Lucid dream, it’s really cool…” and I completely failed to transport us anywhere…I think it was because I really wasn’t Lucid, I was just saying I was in the dream.

I also had the dream that’s in my sig…I was kind of Lucid then, and it really pist me off…especially when after losing lucidity, and carried on with the dream, I asked my mum, “well if this isnt real, then why was it suddenly morning a minute ago?” she replied “stadium lights” and I said “yeah right, whatever” !!!

Come on, seriously shouldve been completely lucid then!

I’ve had loads of dreeams where I’ve said I’m dreaming, or told people about the dream I’ve just had, it’s just because that’s what you are thinking about, and while your brain is dealing with your thoughts, these annoying little buggers dont trigger real lucidity.

I don’t know why, but dreams that have nothing happening in them, like I’m just walking up some stairs, or I’m stood listening to someone having a conversation, trigger my lucidity better than dreams where I talk about it.

I don’t know whether this is right, but what I thought was that this happened because the boring parts give me time to think to myself, and the ones talking about LD don’t leave anything for me to be surprised about, if I’ve just looked at my hands and realised I’m dreaming without actually realising it, how am I going to really do that in the dream, I can’t be surprised about it.

That’s really confusing, and I don’t think I explained it very well…but I’ll shuttup now. :eh:

ok, I hate that there are two threads with this topic in, cos I have to write everything twice, in fact sod it…you can go to the ‘Dreams in Dreams’ thread and find it yourself…lol

I dreamed I was dreaming and was lucid, dreamed I woke up did WILD, lucid dreamed woke up WILD again and woke up, then woke up lol

detailed can be bothered version in other thread lol!

I believe these are called ‘fake lucid dreams’.
It shouldn’t be too hard to tell them apart from real lucid dreams, cos they don’t feel like LDs.

it sounds more like a series of false awakenings to me not false lucid dreams

The general rule is as follows: If you’re not sure whether or not you just had a lucid dream, you probably didn’t.

It’s one thing pondering over a dream after waking up, but it’s another to feel yourself consciously aware of your surroundings while still in a dream. You get to think to youself “Wow, I’m asleep right now. I’m conscious, while I’m asleep. This won’t just be amazing when I finally wake up later, it’s great already!”

If the thought that you might have been lucid only enters your mind after already waking up, it wasn’t an LD. It’s common for standard dreams to borrow the topic of lucidity (particularly if you’ve been thinking a lot about it), but it’s still just a normal dream.

Still, it’s an indication of progress. :smile:

I actually thought I was lucid while I was dreaming last night. but on waking up, I have decided that I wasn’t.
The dream can be found here

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p … ght=#60680

it even included SP and WILD

Moogle, it’s possible you were partially aware of what was happening, but not rationally capable of taking advantage of it. Low-level LDs are pretty common, and it’s hard to say if you were on the right track, or just having a dream about lucid dreaming. I guess only you can decide what actually happened. :smile:

My other LDs I have known the moments leading upto it. I have since thought I may have been lucid for a few seconds and then drifted back into a normal dream where I’m dreaming of being lucid. But I’m not counting it as an LD.