What's your favorite Video Game? - Part 2

Demo, Demo, Demo! or I mean Link, Link, Link! Never heard of it Atheist, what kind of game is it? You better not say RPG :tongue:

Just lately i’ve played the Demo for the new Bond game, really cool, it s hard too. The demo start with an exploding building and your jumping off of it with a link hooked up on the top, its cool, while you jump down on the side of the building, you have to kills the guys that follow you down. The explosions were cool, i kind of want to get the game after playing the demo, what a tease :cry:

They never released Chrono Cross OR Chrono Trigger in Europe. weeps

Or Xenogears for that matter. Luckily I found Xenogears at an anime shop and got my PSX modded so I could play it. I’d say without a doubt Xenogears has to be the most amazing RPG I’ve played yet. It does beat all Final Fantasies, IMO - the storyline is simply amazing. Too bad it all sort of collapses in disc 2, story-pace wise. Way too many cutscenes.

Any of the zelda Games, but the first is by far my favorite.

Nah, I’m not a big fan of RPGs. FarCry is a mostly standard first-person shooter with above-average AI, physics and graphics. It takes place on a tropical island (the entirety of which you can explore, I might add), and offers a refreshingly non-linear style of play. You can run along the intended path if you want (…to run into all manner of traps), or you can deviate and tackle the mission from another angle. Hell, you can drive a boat around the island and approach from the complete opposite side if you really want. Good way to catch the enemy off guard.

Anyway, check out some screenshots (here, and here). Just a couple of little things… the demo is 500MB and you need a pretty serious machine to run it.

I don’t know if I can pick a favorite, but the game Banjo-Kazooie comes to mind. I know it looks like a dumb kids game, but around the time of N64’s release was when I really got into gaming, and I had never played a game like BK before that (well, I played Mario 64, but I didn’t own it so I didn’t play much). There’s just something about that game. The sense of exploration and fantasy it gave me was unlike any game I had played before.

When I look at it now, I can definitely see why some people would think, “THIS the best game ever?!” since it might seem to be a kid’s game and not have anything very special, but I like to think that BK was to me what Mario 64 was to a lot of other people (those people being the fans of it). I played Banjo-Kazooie before Mario 64. It was the first game I’d played that took so much advantage of being 3D.

Other candidates are Phantasy Star IV, Zelda: OoT, and Earthbound. Chrono Trigger probably would have been one of my favorite games had I played it around the time my brother bought it (which was around the time of it’s release). Unfortunately, I was too young then; it was too complicated for me to understand (how to play and the story), and the seriousness of it wasn’t appealing to me. I played and beat it for the first time last year. It’s actually still fun today! :happy:

I assume you’re not a long-time gamer?

Why?

Looks good Atheist :wink: , Now what system does it take to run that game? Is it mainly Pc? Or its for everything :happy: ? Good Graphics.

Ok, im not fully sure with NFS3, BF1942, COD, UT2000, AOE2, DFBHD, DF’s, CS, MP/MP2. Thats alot of abbreviations :cry: , some help please.

Thats funny :grin: , that game is pretty bad and aggravating. Have you ever played Conker? Once you brought up Banjo I thought of Conker :tongue: That game has alot to offer, and its not really a kids game. I think you had to be 18 to purchase it when the game first released. It’s good :wink:

Banjo-Kazooie was an excellent game. A bear carrying a chicken on his back, now that’s a winning combination!

Banjo-Kazooie is one of the better platformers today, in my opinion (actually, I think it’s the best :grin:) . I guess if you don’t like platformers in general then Banjo-Kazooie wouldn’t be fun for you. And I can look past the kiddiness (for lack of a better word) for a lot of games, as long as they’re fun. Of course, I wouldn’t play a game like Barney; I have to draw the line somewhere :tongue:. But I think Banjo-Kazooie isn’t really a kid’s game. It seems too difficult for a kid to beat.

As for Conker, I’ve never played it, and I don’t plan on doing so for religious reasons. It does sound fun, though, from what I’ve heard. I would definitely buy it if it didn’t contain so much raunchy stuff.

Oh, and NiGHTS is up there with my favorites, too, even if only just for it’s wonderful world designs and “dream” theme of the whole game.

Need For Speed 3, BattleField 1942, Call Of Duty, Unreal Tournament 2000, Age Of Empires 2, Delta Force 4: Black Hawk Down, Delta Force (multiple games), CounterStrike, and I’m not sure what MP stands for. Merchant Prince?

When i was younger i loved adventure games like Sam n’ Max, Indiana Jones. Then i found doom, since then i have played most fps i could find. But i also like strategy games. Realtime and turnbased. But i would have to say the best game ever is Civilization.

MP/MP2 Max payne/max payne 2.
Delta force Black Hawk down is number 5 Delta Force 5 actualy. Number 4 Task force dagger. Df3 DF2 DF1.
See?

ya know what would be a real fun thing to do…get lucid and play your fav video games as the main character :grin: . just another idea form the man who never stops thinking.

I’m pretty sure anyone who have played Final Fantasy thought of that a long time ago. :wink:

ahh, yes…ut has anyone tried it yet?

Oh no! I’ve been found out! My master plan is RUINED!

I’ve tried it a couple of times but lost lucidity too fast. But when in the middle of playing a new FF game I usually get a lot of ND’s about it too (this is because I then spend 4 to 8 hours a day playing it.)

The platform games are alright, Conker is one :wink: I guess Banjo isnt a Kids game, but a real clean version of Conker(its easy though). I think they planned Conker to be the same way as Banjo, but N64 sales were doing bad, so i guess they started focusing on an older audience. I guess older people buy all the games. But thats weird i never knew religion holds back on video games :tongue: Now i heard everything :smile:

Great, Thanks for the clarity,Ashvura :content: . I never knew they made Max Payne 2, cool :grin: One was very easy, i beat that game under a day :eek: . Is 2 a challenge? and is it cool?(im sure it is)

Do you mean Unreal Tournament? If so, I’ve only played it on Dreamcast, and it’s one of my favorite FPSs (that looks weird), maybe my favorite, and I’ve mostly played by myself! Perhaps I need to play more first-person shooters, I’m sure there are other ones that I’d like more (like ones that aren’t built around multiplayer).

classic snes games like megaman x (1,2,3), zelda, metroid… they’re the best!

gone