technique proposal

yet another proposed technique from your old pal Trung ^.^

It branches off of one of my first posts ever here.

I thought of one night when I was lying in bed semi-vibrations from WILD. I thought to myself of technique. So here is goes.

Find a song that meets both of the qualification-
1.You would not get sick of hearing.
2.Either Instrumental or of language you don’t understand (in my case 1 of 3 asian language.)

Important that it is instrumental or not in understandable language, so as not to subliminally effect you.

You listen to song on cd player while you ride the bus, or in the car, or whatever, preferably when no one can talk to you, and you are not driving(to avoid accidents). Then while song plays during the day, just repeat to yourself over and over to do a reality check. Important not to say “I’m dreaming” because you will convince yourself that you are still awake, even while in dream, which will nullify effect. Just say do reality check in your head repeatedly while listening to song during day. Then at night, put song on repeat, no too loud to where you can’t sleep, and just sleep as normal with whatever distracting thoughts you want. If all goes well, the recurring thought of “I should do an RC” mentally associated with that song will spark in your dream and you are home free.

Does this sound like a good Idea? Please respond.

By the way, great to post here again. ^,^

i think i’ve read some variations of this technique on this site somewhere, and many people have had success with associating music with songs… so it surely must be a helpful technique for someone :smile:

I always listen to instrumental now as I go to sleep

Dream Theater: Stream of Conciousness - No better song for it. Heavy guitar, and the time signature is so trancy, 5/4 time

Always helps me to get to sleep very very quick, and as a result, I usually get more vivid dreams

ooh, i think i’m gonna check that out… did you just download it on kazaa or what? thanks i’m gonna search

Hmmm… on another subject here… have you ever tried to WILD with nonvocal music? Does it work? I noticed I settle down faster with music playing. I use the best music from www.modarchive.com … although I have to use Winamp to play it out into WAV and then make it MP3 to put it in my player…

your thing sounds interesting though. I might find a way to do it.

address to everyone except infection 0-
actually, technique is more in mental association with RC to song than the song itself. Reason I suggest instrumental is so that your brain doesn’t interpret the words as well. ^.^

address to infection 0- Hows it going? Long time no see. ^.^

instead of instrumental what about some techno? not drum and bass, but trance, would that work too?
btw, Trung, where have you been?

techno will work. ^.^
And sorry blazin fish, but I do not recognize you. Please refresh my memory. ^.^

i know you dont know me, cuz i havent been a member all that long, although ive been lurking around the forums for quite some time. i regret the fact that i didnt register a user here as soon as i found this site. o well.

Hey Trung Of Wu, sounds like a great idea! I know exactly what you mean and unless your lazy and skip the RC’s sometimes I don’t see how this couldn’t work. Sure loads of ppl will find this useful!

Great idea, I think I’ll try it.

I got a great song for it called variety.