The Big Shared Dreaming Topic-Part 2

This is an excellent site that deals with mutual/shared dreaming:

mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossroads/map.htm

yes it is a good site taht but it doesnt quite explain how… i wonder if there really is a clear cut how but anyway.

have you ever thought about sending a thought to your friend ?

I doubt it, because there are several challenging factors.

1. Getting into a LD
  2. Getting noth you and your friend into the LD at the exact same time during the night.
  3. Getting the place
  4. Conjuring up other dream characters that look like your friend.

I have had 1 succesful shared/mutual dream. It took careful planning between both me and my friend who are both experts and can have LD’s at will. What we did to basically ensure it was actually us and not dream characters is that we came up with a secret word and said we would tell it to each other in the dream. Neither of us knew the word before hand and we echanged the word in the dream and when we talked to each other we had both told each other our words succesfully.

care to expand.

The how might be nice

What, no replies since December!? Come on!

I came here because I was going to say the same idea that Lucidity Master said. Think of a unique thing to say, get into Lucid Dreams at the same time, get into the same dream, say the words, then reveal later to check to make sure it wasn’t just a DC.

But I wasn’t thinking of just 2 people doing it, I was thinking if everyone here tried to do it! Imagine hundreds of people getting together in the same dream!

yer keywords we had that ages ago but i think people forgot it :razz:

we had or at least tryed ages ago to havea ld4all met up in a sd. i cant remember what happened with that does anyone else?

anyway it sound like a kick idea and i would be down for it if it went ahead.

So would I! Though I’d need to brush up on my technique. My only good LDs are only accidental ones.

hmm had a very interesting experince last night. cant really remember the details now what a surprise. anywayz i had a lucid dream where i was helping my brother in his dream, then i awoke and we talked about it for ages. then i relly woke up, damn FA but anyway so i asked him like 5 minutes ago and he was like yes you were helping me out in my dream, i remember deamons and the like, but they were actually men in red hazord suits.

if i could remember more i could say yes this was a lucid shared dream of it was just a luck of the dreams lol

Yes it does mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossroads/shared.htm

I’ve been working with a friend to get two people into a WILD or OB together, the initial stages are going well. In a few months I recon we might have something more to tell you. crossing fingers

I wasn’t going to mention about the techniques or anything but cause of this thread “Group dreaming possible sighting” in the Theory of lucid" forum (I don’t know how to link to it.)

Instead of starting a new thread about shared dreaming, I ask some questions here.
-Is it done any scientific research on shared dreaming?

-When 2 people have a shared dream, they are together in the dream, and both dream the same?

-Is it any reason to be afraid of shared dreaming?

And this last questions is for people who has experienced a shared dream:
-Do you have a religious or scientific viewpoint on it?

-Do you see any factors that could cause a shared dream?

Thanks.

I had a kind of a shared dream once, My friend and I both dreamed we were the same girl on the same night and we had sex with someody near a trampoline.

I wonder, if somebody had a shared dream, would they be more likely to see each other as they look IRL, or as they look in their own dreams? Suppose an old person is always young in his/her dreams. Would the other person see him/her as old or young?

Just a weird thought. :cool:

not too long ago freecube and i shared a dream, we know that we did cuz we quizzed each other about certain things and we were both able to answer them accurately. It was pretty cool because the day before i had the dream i read something about SD for the first time, i was sceptical, and then that night i had a shared dream… it was like God was trying to tell me something…

I had a Lucid dream this morning.

the scene i recall first was being in my highschool. i immediately became lucid, i did the usual stabelizing and LD time extension techniques. my first intentions was perverse as most men’s first few LDs are however i was suddenly overcome with rationality and became totally scientific. i wanted to see if i was psychic and tried to look for people i could possibly conference with in my dream. fastforeward a bit and i met a doctor. A black male in his late fifties early sixties, gray hair, gray beard. American with no accent. he was wearing a lab coat and i first saw him on a crowded stair well i was floating along side of. i persisted in asking him questions about his identity to see if he might have been a real human. i don’t recognize him but i chose him out of the crowd because he appeared to be the oldest and by his uniform i presumed he would be logical, rational, and scientific. he became annoyed and tried to ignore me when i told him this was a dream. it was very frustrating to convince this dream character or real person that this was a dream. he was in great denial and seemed determined that he would fullfill whatever activity he was engaged in.

has anyone else had trouble convincing people in dreams that they were dreaming?

my persistance in convincing strangers they were dreaming made me even more lucid and in control. i knew that if i tried to will these characters into thinking they were dreaming that they would just turn into dream characters and the real people would be deleted from the scene. throughout the dream however, i had some difficulty flying. once i got to a certain altitude i would start to loose altitude.

eventually i was able to convince this doctor my flying in front of him. after he gave me his name a second time we went out seperate ways. i can’t remember his name now but i believe his initials were W.W.
none of you by any chance wouldn’t happen to know anyone with the initials WW fitting the description above?

try going to this website guys mysticweb.org/awake/topics/1_astral/
its about some astral plane and shared dreams. says the astral plane is somewhere a person goes and he dreams and has shared dreams with other people there. the astral plane is supposed to be built by every single person’s mind. check it out. its pretty neat. and if you find out more about the astral plane please post it. i just found out about the astral plane so i am still questioning about some things.

Here’s my own shared dream experience, with my wife. It was more of a sort of dream intrusion, where my wife WILDed into my dreams and shared them.

Link to it: [Induced Shared Dream...)

Anyone familiar with the theory of quantum binding and how that might be related to eg. telepathy and shared dreams?

The way I understand it, is that my twin brother for example would have a lot of quantum bound particles in his brain to mine, thus properties affecting my neurons could be felt in his.

Consider the fact that both Leibniz and Newton developed calculus in the same time period, in two separate places, without talking to eachother. Leibniz published his results, and Newton just developed it in notebooks, with totally different notation. Maybe they had shared dreams?

SD’s seem farfetched, maybe its one of those things that you have to experience in order to believe. All the good stories have, however, been quite inspiring for me. THANK! I’ll let ya know if I succeed,

Lol, that was probably not shared dreaming but ‘just’ two genious minds working on the same stuff, continuing what others had done before them. It is bound to happen in the history of mankind that in this way two genious people discover the same things at roughly the same time. It happened with theory of evolution too if i remember correct (Darwin and some other dude…)

Hi all
Just wanted to tell you about an experience I had a couple of years ago.
I was chatting to a girl who was into wicca (I’m a Buddhist by the way)
One day she told me that she had a “weird nightmare” (she told me the next day after the “nightmare”)in which I wass in it her boyfriend and she told me there were “monsters” and flames everywhere. She also said that I was laughing and pointing at her. Now as far as I could tell this dream frightened her and her boyfriend (who’s also a wiccan) actually thought I was a satanist ???
Ok now my side of the dream. I was infact indroducing these two people to my spiritual guide I was laughing becasue I was happy to see them in my dream and was calling them over not pointing at them. Seems they couldn’t see my spiritual guide the same way I did. Shame really.
I guess from this experince we can’t take things in dreams at face value,
if anyone has read any books by Carlos Caseneda you’ll know what I mean.