How Do We Know?

How do we know that we are not really dreaming right now and when we sleep we are actually awake?
Maybe there are different dimensions that get visited by people at different times!
We might be in one now and in a different one when we sleep at night.
Just think about that!

Because this world sucks, thats how we know!! lmao

Seriously, dreaming is probably a different dimension. That would explain all the freaky things that happen, like “mutual dreaming”. A dimension of nothing but thought. Hmmm… thought… maybe that is a dimension in it’s self?

gets mugged by agent smiths

All these kind of questions annoy me i really want to find out what life truly is so i have turned to things like LD, OOBE’s/ Astral Projection and Near Death Experiences these are all really interesting but i need experiences for myself particulary in regards to NDE to find out for myself instead of reading other peoples testimonys.
It’s wierd that not that many people wonder about these sort of things they just except a were born we live we die were no more view and that’s it, it’s sort of sad.
Know what i mean.
(Sorry if i’m just babbling)

lol i asked the same question when i first was here it is under the questo for lucidity a few pages back by now :happy: nice work :happy: and to your other topic. there is a lot posted in this forum about that take a look, i would post ya the link but i am totaly out of time

cya

Richard

I think that actually people don’t discuss these topics although they do think about them. And recently there have been more popular books and films about philosophy such as the Matrix (well, it wasn’t a selling point, but it got most people thinking) and Sophie’s World by Gardner.

this world = unhappy confined people
dream world = happy free people

Chuang-Tzu, a taoist philosopher, once asked himself the same question and his famous butterfly paradox was the result:

Once Chuang Tzu dreamt he was a butterfly, a butterfly flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn’t know he was Chuang Tzu. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakable Chuang Tzu. But he didn’t know if he was Chuang Tzu who had dreamt he was a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming he was Chuang Tzu. Between Chuang Tzu and a butterfly there must be some distinction! This is called the Transformation of Things.

But as already said, there are already some good in-depth topics about it on the forum.

Thanks for the responses :smile:

Hey that is one theme in my film I’m working on! The idea of we live, we die. There must be something more to it…but what? I’m using my film to address that question. As well as a few other things but thats a main theme…

Dreams are real while they are happening.
Can we say anymore about life?

I’ve heard this quote before… thinking… hm… is it from Thoreau?

My favourite sentence:)

The quote is from the film, Waking Life.

I suppose you can ask these questions, and it is interesting to think about them, but in the end you have to accept that you’re not really going to get a solid, concrete, satisfactory answer. So just get on with your life and what you’ve got.

Ah but that’s not neccersarily true, i believe that there have been people who have come across the answers to these kind of questions through things like meditation,AP even LD i think it is possible to find the answers the hard part is knowing where and how to look.

oh come on wannabe where is your sence of adventure :happy::smiley: taht is the whole point on setting out on somthing that seems impossible, the look on everyones face when you come back with the answer :wink:

All I was saying that while you can go out on impossible journeys and search for the answers you need, you should be prepared to be disappointed. Know what I mean? You shouldn’t expect that just because you are trying your hardest to discover something that you will discover it.

On the other hand, if you enjoy doing it, then good luck to you I suppose.

Well, I think dreams are a form of reality. From my point of view, reality is what we see, smell, feel, taste, hear. All the stuff (objects, people, air etc.) in our reality are perceived and interpreted in a specific way (the dog bit me -> ouch)

In RL you can smell, see, feel, taste and hear, in your dreams you can do this sort of things too, so dreams ARE reality.

So, from my point of view, dreams and “RL” are the same … and at the same time they’re totally different :smile:

In the end the question can’t be answered, because it really depends on the way you see it. Is the man who was sent to jail really jailed, or is he the only one who is really free?

As I said, it depends on how you perceive the world and how you want it to be.

You sound a bit like me. I find questions about existance, universe etc. really interesting. I love Cosmology especially, higher dimensions, parallel universes, black holes…[/url]

:happy: the mp3 file with dr laburge in it is really good at explain a little bit of this.

look for the holy grail tech :razz: