RC Problem

Ok, throught out the day i can constantly remember to do RC’s for no reason at all, it just hits me “oh i should do one now” somethinglike that. So i just do random rc’s throught the day but a lot of them.

My problem is that i cant associate them with things. Ive tried to do them whenver i see my car, dad, ocean, or friends. But i cannot at all do it when i see my car for ex i just dont remember. And that doors of perception thing where you knock on every door forget about it holy shit i must have done it 1 out of a million times it impossible for me to remember RC’s by something. I just do them for no reason so mabie il just do it in a dream for no reason i dont know. :neutral: :eh:

Most effective method of performing rcs is associating them to a dream sign.
If you repeatedly dream of your car then make it your rc and keep repeating (even out loud)"when i see my car i must be dreaming"and rc it.
Dont make it with too many signs…1-3 will do for sure.
good luck:)

That’s great you’re remembering to do RC’s. I’m having a similar problem with the associating part. I haven’t started doing any RC’s in the daytime yet because I can’t seem to choose one. I’m not sure which would be most suitable and easiest to remember. e.g. I often dream of my time at school but I left there ages ago, I also dream I’m at work but I guess I need something more specific to use. How do you decide on a particular time and place to do the RC?

I’ve heard it works well when you do RC while you go through the door… you can just stop for a while putting your hand on the edge and think if it’s a dream.
You can also do RC every time you hear your name.

I’ll try both of them. The door RC sounds good :ok:

that RC when you hear you name sounds good too.

ive been having trouble with my RCs too. they just dont work. i do a RC every time i see this girl i like, b/c i figure that since i can recall having over 7 dreams with her in them, then this would definetly help me become lucid. but last nite i had a dream where both her and her twin sister :smile: were there, and i knew which one was her too. but i didnt freaking do a RC in my dream :confused: . wtf?! i can remember to do one every time i see her IRL, but they just dont end up working in my dreams. this is very frustrating. :grrr:

I use a schedule where every day you have three things to memorize and use as dreams signs. Basically i gets you used to the idea of doing RCs while looking at any ordinary thing and hopefully one of the 21 things uve gotten used to doing a RC for will be in your dream. Here are all of them I think See Traffic Light, Eat Vegetable, Hear Phone, See Star, Watch Commercial, Pet/See Animal, Write, You Laugh, See Red Car, Check Time, Use Toilet, Run, Look at Mirror, Feel Pain, Hear Music, Turn T.V. On, Read Something, Open Door, Unlock Object, Turn Light Switch, and Hear Name.

I do an R.C. every time something happens that is a little out of the ordinary. Like if i am late for work or if the weather forcast is wrong or the newspaper doesnt come or my shoelace is untied…so on and so on…they dont have to be that peculair just different. youd be surprised how many tmes you end up doing R.C’s in a day. Also, its perfect because everything in dreams is a little odd there fore youll be doing alot of R.C’s in the dream world.

I had to do a double-take when I was walking into town the other day. I entered a subway, and looking ahead, I saw that someone had written on one of the lights ‘Open your eyes’ - my motto in life.
I did a couple of reality checks and realised that I was in fact awake, but I was certainly in doubt for half a minute or so.

When you ask yourself in RL ‘Am I dreaming?’ what sort of answers do you give to explain that you are definitely awake?

At the moment I say things like:
‘this is real because I’m too aware of everything’
‘my hands aren’t distorted’
‘I can remember what happened half an hour ago’

You do need to do several reality checks, and think about why you are doing them. In my dreams I have said to myself ‘I am awake because everythinng seems too real/normal’.

Immediately after seeing the writing in the subway, I looked for other writing and made sure that the letters didn’t jump around (a couple of times). I also looked at my hand to check that they seemed normal.

SleepyHead, you say your motto in life is open your eyes. your sig says something in spanish that looks very similar to open your eyes, but actually has a totally different meaning. im not trying to be a know it all but i just thought you might want to know that ‘Open your Eyes!’ in Spanish is actually ‘¡Ábrase los ojos!’ i thought you might want to know that since ‘abras los ojos’ means ‘be on the awares’. you were close tho, just one letter off. but that one letter throws the whole thing off. mmmkay :wink:

Thanks for that. My Spanish is not too good! :smile: