Various wierd experiences (really big post!)

I’m just chock full of wierdness! I’ve never actually sat down and thought about all the wierd things that have happened to me. Now that I have, woah! I never realized how many wierd experiences I had. Each one of these things happened when I was young, before I was in school. Guess that has something to do with it.

1. Turbo Dreams!
    Hehe, I think this name fits perfectly for this experience. When I went to bed, I’d almost always fall asleep the second I closed my eyes. On top of that, I’d almost always have an extremely vivid dream, which felt like it lasted for about 3 minutes tops. Then, I’d wake up after what felt like that amount of time, and it would be morning. On top of it all, I was 100% rested, and raring to go. Hot damn, I’d sure like to do that during my insomniac nights these days!

2. Did I ever wake up?
    This one scares the **** out of me every time I think about it. In a nutshell I’ve had at least 1, possibly 2 dreams where I can not recall waking from. The best I can describe it, I was dreaming (looking back on it, I could tell because of wierd things happening), then it seemed to have melded with reality, because I was going about my business normally, and I don’t remember waking up. It didn’t hit me until about a day or two later what had happened (or at least thought had happened). I felt like I was trapped in a place I didn’t belong, though it was a duplicate world. Maybe I transcended a dimension…? :eek:

3. Did I ever wake up #2
    I had the same thing happen yet again, only this time, I’m less sure that it really happened, and more sure that I’m just jumbling two seperate memories together. It started at my grandma’s house. Everything was 100% normal. I went upstairs into the office room. There were papers strewn about on the floor. I notice the “dust buster” on the floor. Since I really liked playing with it, I turned it on. Here the wierd part: the dust buster began moving around by itself, and sucking up the papers. I leave it alone, and go back downstairs. This is about where I figure the dream part stops, and it’s back to normal. I forget about the dust buster. I did various normal things I did when I was there. Then eventually, it was time to go. I get into the car, and then my mom starts driving. Just as we start going, I remember that I left the dust buster running, and start to worry. By now, it would have sucked up everything, and perhaps was on the loose upstairs (it seems so funny now, but back then I was terrified). For some STUPID reason, I don’t tell mom, which would’ve been good because then I’d have another brain remembering the day. I can’t remember for sure, but I think I brought it up much later in my life, and of course, no one remembers anything about it, and tell me it was just a dream. I was skeptical, and also, afraid of dust busters for a while.

4. Out of body experience?
    I was lying down on my bed, trying to sleep. After a while, I noticed something felt different. Suddenly I realized that the difference was that I felt like I was floating. The exact instant that thought hit me, I felt like I fell sharply and landed on my bed. My bed was shaking (it was a water bed), so I was sure that I really was floating. The next day I asked my mom about it, and she told me that the shaking was just from my startled jolt, and that I was just dreaming. Well, of course, that makes sense. But I’ve been reading the material on OOBE , and it said that the sensation of returning to your body is just like falling. Intriguing… I think this happened more than once during my earlier years.

5. More than just lucid
    I can recall various instances where I would see things that weren’t there. One stands out as one of the 3 most terrifying experiences I’ve had (others being the first time I experienced sleep paralysis, and the worst a claustraphobic dream in which the roof slowly descended on me). Before I can get to the story, I have to explain the monster that haunted my dreams. It was a robot type thing, with a square base which contained the treads for it’s mobility (well, at least I figure). A tall thin chrome metal rod came straight out of the base, with similar metal arms coming out of it. The head was… the gear shifter head off of the one in our truck! Before you think that’s funny, let me describe it. The gear shifter in the truck came out of the steering wheel. It had nothing printed on it, like 1st gear, 2nd gear, and so on. It was ebony black, with a rough texture, which is hard to describe… but anyway. I looked at it one time I was in there, and it looked (and still did later times I looked at it) like it was staring at me… not in a friendly way. It looked very ominous… Anyway, back to the story. I was sleeping with my mom in her bed because I was having bad dreams the past few nights (guess what they were about), and couldn’t sleep. That usually helped at least a little… not this night… I looked up over at the door. What did I see? The ****ing gearshift robot coming down the hall and into the room, 100% real looking! Absolutely no discrepency in its realism at all, other than the fact that it was there. In absolute terror, I bury my face into my pillow. I wait a while… then I decide to check if it’s gone. I lift my face and turn my head to the wall… the ****ing thing was right there, in my face, looking straight at me!! I bury my face again. I wait a good while, then I check again. Of course, it’s gone.

Phew, that’s it for now. I’ve never really sat down and poured over these things before.