First attempt, violent...help

I first attempted to induce an LD last night and it was hectic. I had at least three “normal” dreams I think, one of which I was able to wake up and write down. I physically woke up at least twice and in the end I had two “False awakenings”. None of this was actually scary, in fact the details for the dream I remember were quite funny, involving Gary Coleman and cheap beer. I overslept until 1pm due to my false awakenings (I kept waking up to my alarm clock, but I knew it wasn’t real because the alarm clock wasn’t…making sense I guess would be a good way to describe it). SO my question is this, are everyones expierences usually this tumultous, and is this what I can expect from now on, or what was I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated :eh:

Also my conditioning for this was reading the forum/website for about an hour, did a few RC’s (kept trying to put my finger through my palm, though I wasn’t able to try in my dreams) filled up a glass of water, telling myself I would remember everything after I drank the other half in the morning, and stared at this website for about 5 minutes ->
angelfire.com/biz6/Picvault/Dream.html[/u]

Gary Coleman and cheap beer? :cool_laugh:

Sure you weren’t drinking any cheap beer prior to going to sleep? :content:

Seriously, sounds like you were just wound up about the idea of lucid dreaming and your brain went into hyperdrive. I’ve had nights like that when I’ve been under stress – or taking decongestants.

Try to go for a more relaxed frame of mind, and for starters, don’t drink alcohol or take any supplements before you go to sleep. Just experiment with how your brain works in a “natural” state.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I think your right about being over excited about the concept of LD’ng. But I can assure you that no chemicals were induced prior to sleep, other than nicotine :partying_face: What techniques do you use to relax yourself before sleep? I had to read Odessey for about 30-35 minutes before I was ready?

Keep in mind that nicotine is a stimulant! :tongue:

Could have been that your brain was too “full” and had way too much to process last night. Try music before bed instead of reading something new.

I have lucid dreams and I either lose lucidity or wake up. Try to stabilize your dream a bit, maybe that will help. Sometimes I can get a nice stable LD but it’ll end abruptly. Usually because I’m stupid and blink.

try eating some dairy products before bed (cereal and milk, yogurt, cheese, etc) dairy products have a chemical that starts with a ‘t’ (that i can never remember the name of) that helps with relaxation and such

masturbation helps skim a lil energy off the top…

what? somebody had to say it :yinyang:

tryptophan :cool: