WILD skurred me.

Easy - get somebody to create a room with, say, numbers on the wall. Or, if that’s hard to remember, pictures. Then, when you do OBE, go into that room and memorise the pictures. Recall them later.

There are plenty of anecdotes of this working, but I don’t know of any scientific experiments.

the best time to try wild i was when your really tired right?

just tried tried when i woke up, i was ling there for two hours. saw a whole lot of HI. heard to voices (one just breathing, didnt sound human at all. the other said said something, clear as day).

what exactly is WILD supposed to feel like. i read that nerdcore just stepped into it…some body who has done this please explain it to me.

I don’t know when it’s best to do it, but I was dog tired when I did it. I wasn’t even trying. I was just lying in bed waiting to fall asleep and I heard buzzing and WOM WOM WOM and felt vibrations. Then I tried to move my arm, but i couldn’t, but I sort of saw my arm in front of my eyes even though they were closed. I thought, “cool” and went with it. Then when I started seeing more than just colors and swooshy stuff, I thought, “Ok. Forward. Into that. That looks fun.” And I was in it. Read up on it, though. Other people would know much better than me. I’ve only had one successful one, though I’ve had the vibrations, buzzing, and WOM WOM WOM lots of times.

I’ve had a similar experience where I could “see through” my eyelids. It scared me, and I tried to close my eyelids, even though they were already closed. I also heard some noises that sounded like a crowd screaming, but from far away. At this point I just woke myself up because I was scared. Could this have been the beginning of WILD?

Keep reading EWLD - there are many techniques for WILD there. The sounds are normal. For me they can be loud bangs or thunder, someone talking, music, bells, whatever… Sometimes when I’m not prepared for a loud noise it can startle me enough to ruin my WILD attempt. The things you experience happen every night, it’s just that you were conscious this time, so no need to worry about getting messed up.

I use a combination of SL’s HI technique and “one body” technique. I focus on the HI to help me get sleepy, but try not to focus too hard or it will put me to sleep. When I feel pretty drowsy I concentrate on the way my body feels. When it feels like it distorts (best indicator for me is when my mouth feels like it turns to a frown) or is paralyzed I know I am getting close. As the paralysis sets in and the vibrations start, I continually remind myself that I will soon enter a dream . When I feel ready I either roll my dream body out of bed, float out of bed, or I try to sink through the bed and fall into a dream scene.

I decided to try a WILD last night. When my body started to shake though, I couldn’t tell if it was the start of WILD, or if I was just hyperventilating from controlling my breath. (I wasn’t breathing fast or anything, but fairly deeply, and I thought maybe that was just making me hyperventilate.)

:universe:

How do you concentrate on HI ? Are they already there, and you just look at them, or do you imagine little cubes and bubbles floating all over the place? (LOL) I tried doing this, but with little success.

I think that’s where the problem was. Thanks a lot, I’ll keep trying!

But why is it, that the first time I tried this, I succeeded? And I wasn’t tired. I didn’t expect it to be this easy, especially on my first try. The only conclution I can come to is: Somethings wrong.

Let me tell you that your conclusion that something is wrong is completely inaccurate. Quite the contrary something is very right. I don’t know if you have any experience with hypnosis or meditation. If you do that would explain why you were able to get so close on your first try. You also may have been very motivated to succeed. Motivation and desire play a strong role in LD’ing. I know none of the books you read clearly explained what you will experience when you try to WILD(Scared the crap out of me the first time to). I don’t know why they don’t fully explain what will happen. I think they do new lders a disservice because, like you, they become scared. They think something bad is happening. (I know I did). Believe me everything you experienced is 100% normal. It happens to you every night. You are just not consciously aware of it. Once you get used to it. In stead of saying “Im scared” to your self. You’ll be saying “this is cool”. As for your belief that something must be wrong because “it was so easy”. I’ll let you in on a little secret. Lding is easy and everyone can do it. If you continue to try, and I hope you do. Remember nothing “bad” can happen to you. The worst that will happen is you will either fall into regular sleep or wake up. The best that can happen is you will find yourself into a dream fully conscious. I have experienced everything you described and nothing bad has ever happened to me. Every thing you experienced is normal and as you progress you will learn to use these signs to help guide your self into a dream fully conscious. Please do keep trying you won’t be disappointed.

Do these vibrations people often refer to physically shake your body.

If so, why when someone goes to sleep on the sofa or such, do you not see them shaking when they are sleeping. aside from if they are having a nightmare…etc

There are not many descriptions from people that seem to detailed on what they go through, just vague accounts of what to expect.

I tried the technique again lastnight, but with a little more effort. I took very, very deep breathes very slowly. My hands started to get numb and tingely, my palms started to sweat. The “vibrations” never came, but I did hear a loud humming noise right off the bat. I snapped myself out of it again and was very hot, pratically sweating. Is any of this out of the norm? What scares me is, I think by taking this huge, deep breathes, I’m unnaturally forcing myself to enter the dream state.

And for the record: I have never had any meditation trainaing or anything of that nature. This is the first time I’ve ever tried this.

No they don’t. The vibrations are just a sensation. You’re not actually shaking. It’s sort of like you’re unplugging from your body (your motor functions are shutting down).