Strange 1/2Lucid Dream

[color=cyan]In one of my first lucid dreams, witch have become strangly less frequent, my dream mother was telling me to pick up my room, which happens frenquently in the real world. It was then that i realized that this was a dream, because my room was outside, somehow. I thought, well, mabey i should have the dream do the work, so i pointed and the mess, and willed it to be clean. so i looked back at my mom, and said, ok, im all done. she loked funny at me, and said, no, not quite. i looked back, and it was as if the dream wsnt obaying me, im not sure if thats the right word though. and suggestions or help, im not sure if this os common, if it is, please tel me, lucid dreams arnt much fun if they arent lucid

Thank you, [/color]Pallmetto~

Yikes! Your text is in cyan, which is very difficult to read against the light blue background. :sad:

Whether your dream was lucid or not depends on what you normally do in a lucid dream. Obviously you were partially lucid, because you ordered the dream to do such-and-such. If, however, you normally disregard commands you get from dream characters in your LD’s, then you weren’t totally lucid.

But I think you were asking about whether you were really lucid because the room didn’t clean itself. It’s pretty common for people to try to do magic stuff and then fail. Just because it didn’t work doesn’t mean you weren’t lucid. It’s one thing to be aware you’re in a dream, it’s another thing to control the dream. Lucid means you know it’s a dream. In fact, there are times when people aren’t lucid, but they still control the dream.

To better control the dream requires practice and you have to believe you can do it. For me, it helps when I sort of “daydream” about what I want to have happen.

sorry, that was my first post, and i didnt know what the backround was. :shy: thank you very much for the advise, i hadnt conditered that as a posssible solution. :smile:

Don’t worry, it happens to us all at first. :smile:

hej thax

I find magic-type stuff is much easier if I close my eyes and tell myself the action will happen by the time my eyes are open again. I’ve managed to make things vanish this way (though it takes a few times to make them go away entirely, usually)

Me too. With smaller objects, I’ll block my line of sight by putting my hand in the way of seeing that object. I also have used that to create objects.

thankies! ill try that, but im having troble remembering my dreams, so my lucid dreams arnt common at all now. any suggestions?

My first advice would be to make sure you are getting enough sleep each night. Scientists say (and my personal statistics confirm) that most of your dreams occur after six hours of sleep. Also, your longest and most vivid dreams occur at the end of your sleep cycle. LD’s usually come from those long dreams. I try to get around eight hours of sleep each night, with my LD’s usually coming in around the 6th, 7th, or 8th hour.

The most successful method I’ve heard of for getting LD’s is to wake up after that 6th hour and spend some time awake before going back to sleep. That way, your brain goes into “awake” mode for awhile before it goes back to “asleep” mode. This is often referred to as the Napping Technique.

thank you, ill try, but now that schol is here i dont know if i can, one time when my dog through up at 4 in the mornig, i had to get up, and go back to sleep, and i think i had a short lucid dream then, so i see your point