time-travel via lucid dreaming

I think the main attraction for my interest in lucid dreaming would be to be able to revisit memories and events that perhaps shaped my life or experiences that I would not like to forget…what do you think? :neutral:

I don’t really know either but I have been interested in lucid dreaming since 1997 when I bought a Novadreamer kit from LifeTools.
What if we wanted,perhaps, to meet our family and friends who are dearly departed, how would the subconscious mind interpret them through lucid dreams? :neutral:

I don’t know if it’s possible. I think what you expect to see might color your actual memories, if they’re even accessible…

Me is back! :smile:
Well, I think it is fully possible, because many memories are stored in our subconsisous, and in dreams we have directly access to it. But, as Monitor199a said, you must be aware of the difference between what you actually are remembering, and what you want to remember.

Heyy you bought a novadreamer? whats your opinion on it? how long did it take you to get the hang of it?

I used to want one, but now i see i can LD on my own and i got a consistant dreamsign to replace the light cues.

Hey Jimmy,
I had two time travel lucid dreams last night, without planning these topics . They drew accurate details from the past as well. It was so cool. I’ll post it in my dream journal really soon, and when I get some time - some ways I have heard you can use to travel through time.

:neutral: Yes I did buy a Novadreamer back in 1997, I don’t really like using much because it only seems to work when I take an afternoon nap, which is usually when I come home from work and I can’t sleep with it on when I go to bed because I feel uncomfortable with it on and I’m afraid of rolling my face onto my pillow which might perhaps snap the circuit board.
I’ve tried wearing it when I go to sleep in the late evening but my brain just wants to shut off for a couple hours and my mind just doesn’t want to go into the REM state.
To be honest, I haven’t really used it as much as I should but I’m still pretty interested in it and hopefully once I start recording my dreams in a proper discipline, I’ll give it another try.

time traveling is one of the activities on my experiment list. im not sure where i’d like to go though right now.
another idea within the same value would to be to visit past dreams you’ve had. maybe to dive into you’re dream journal.

theres a couple of dreams in particular that i have in mind for this and its these dreams i had with portals in them. i want to manifest those dreams again and actually go through the portals.

This night i have talked about several times, but i never went into detail of what i did word for word(while i was asleep). When i was sleeping in my bed, i kept rolling around with my pillow with constant thoughts, and acutal conversations outside of my room. At the same time its like 2:00 a.m. I am sleeping but hearing past conversations, and past fights that took place in my house. I heard jokes from my brother’s friends, and laughing from diffrent people, in the room and, after that another converstaion between two started . All these past situations where happening one by one, and all i do is tried to listen and actually laugh sometimes. It felt like i was witnessing every thing inside my house sinced i lived here, but it happen so fast it was hard to keep up. Then finally i woke up hearing another conversation(this one was acutally real) and loud laughing, so i woke up thinking the night behind me was a dream, and told my brother everything.(the night before my bed, was even more crazy) Is this consider time travel, or a very great way of hearing the past?

Here’s something written by an experienced dreamer from another board:

Anyway, a couple of things that have been useful to me in the time travel biz are the right angle tunnel journey and the whirlwind. I suppose that other people use other tricks. Maybe the third one I know is waking up in the wrong place. But the fundamental part has to be Intent, carrying into the spirit world with you the intent to see the future. Then the mechanism of seeing that will provide itself to you.

There’s a traditional shamanic technique of walking into a dark tunnel until you see the light at the other end, emerging from the tunnel into a new world, usually the magical realm of Lower Earth.

Once in order to view an event of history I sat down in a Dream and began to stir a hole in the dream with a wand, stirring like you would stir a pot of syrupy liquid, until a hole opened up and I jumped into the vortex with the Intent of going to my chosen place and time. That worked OK, but I don’t know that what I saw was valid as there is no way to prove it.

Other times I have stepped into new places and new realities by going to sleep in Dreaming and waking up again. Each time you do that, you enter a new reality, usually a new version of the same place. I use that kind of thing as a scanning method, a search pattern. I wake up in a new place and look into my heart, to see if the place is right or not, keep doing that until I find the right one. I’ve been able to do that with visions, in meditation, as well. When I find the right vision I ask my heart for the right direction to travel, and off I go.

(I haven’t tried these yet, but the other techniques he has shared have always become very useful - as I have advanced in lucid dreaming. I particularly like the bit about stirring a hole in a dream - that sounds like alot of fun.)

I think that if you went back in time your memory could be influenced by your brain, you know, you only see what you want to see. But even so, i think it would be easier to remember things in your LD’s because your body isn’t as active when you sleep. This allows your body to concentrate on other things.

I’ve often read that you could travel back in time using hypnotic regression but how accurate would everything actually be?

how could the brain/dreaming brain interpret historical events so that it would actually appear to be as real as waking life yet none of it actually happened…

A good example that I’ve always pondered on, if I wanted to go back and witness the rise of the Dinosaurs, how real would they appear?

Would my imagination draw on the computer imagery animation that was pioneered in Jurassic Park or would my brain interpret them differently?

It’s the impossible question but is there an answer?..

I still think it would be difficult to get an accurate representation of your subconscious memories. There are ways to test it, of course. For example, travel back in time to a party or something that was videotaped. Then watch the video and see if it’s correct. It probably won’t be, because our dreams like to change things. You can walk throughout your house in a dream, but even though you have complete memories of what everything looks like, things will just be different.

If you dreamt about dinosaurs, it would be more realistic than in a movie. It would use your imagination, like how the creators of the movie wanted the dino to look, even if they didn’t have sufficient technology.

talking about time travelling brought me to think about calvin and hobbes, they had different kind of machines, which in reality seemed like a cardboard box, so how about getting a cardboard box in your dream, then writing ‘time machine’ on it with a big fat pen and then slipping goggles on you and getting ready for the trip?
speaking of that, they made many different devices of that cardboard box, one was it changed you into any animal form you wanted, ( i think, but something similar) and another one was a cloning machine…

those go onto my todo list, I will probably later read more of calvin and hobbes stories to get more ideas, because there were some awesome ideas for dreams.

LOL, Calvin and Hobbes! First they had the Transmogrifier, where you sit under the box and it changes you into whatever you want. Then they turned the box upside down and it was a Time Machine. There was also a Transmogrifier Ray Calvin made out of a water pistol. Then there was the Duplicator, which was the box on its side!

calvin and hobbes is dream inspirational. i love them.
i have given so much thought to using c and h in my ld’s.
i always liked to entertain the idea of the next time i have a ld, i’ll take him into a spaceship and do a spaceman spiff thing. even though its my imagination it’d be real to my dream character and i’d love to see his reaction. his imagination is so cool.
in one story of calvin and hobbes calvin brought a snowman to life and that snowman ended up making snowmen and it progressed from there. i’d like to do that too.
his imaginings are so ideal for activities in lds.

in one sunday strip it was about this: he wakes up, brushes his teeth, gets ready for school, eats breakfast, and he walks out the door and falls from the doorstep as if the house were floating. pfft he wakes up and the same thing happens, he fall’s from his house.he then gets up again awakened by his mom everytime and is scared to get out of bed.

theres actually many dream based calvin and hobbes strips.

Yes, I remember that one, it was funny, and really makes you fell for RCing. :alien: