what you expected, then, what you got

i want to know what you’re original idea of what a lucid dream would be like and how you thought control would process itself.

my initial thought of what a lucid dream would be like was to be like a simulation. a kind of program solely for playing. a playground so to speak. when i had my first ld i discovered it to be partially as mentioned aboved but so much more. the dream itself was a dimension all in its own much less a playground. and what i hadn’t gave much thought to was the feeling of lucidity. lucidity now seemed to be most awesome when it was triggered. that snap of clarification is ineffable to say the least.

as for the control of the dream, i found the experiments made during the day aren’t always ideal for the moment of lucidity. so far what i’ve done in a ld was impulsive and not directly associated to the list made while awake. maybe thats because my pre determined activities are to general. but it is entirely possible to do whats made up during the day. whatever.

i guess i originally thought of doing unrealistic activities restricted to real life, then found that not only that can be accomplised, but the very presence of awareness and intricate dynamics to be observed are compelling as well.

abracadabra

My first thought of what a LD would be was like a dream, but knowing it’s a dream and with control. When i had my first LD i had much less control than i thought i would and i didn’t remember what i wanted to do in it. I still have trouble remembering what i want to do in the actual LD, but whatever i do, its fun.

I had my first LD this night after the “work” of just one week.
I never thought that everything would be so clear. I’m also surprised that it did not take much time to have a result.
But i thought that the recall of a LD would be clearer, though i know everything which has happened.

My first LD’s were when I was very little (probably four or five), and they were triggered by nightmares. Not exactly the ideal situation. The first (and for awhile, the only) trick I learned was how to wake up.

This question is a bit the wrong way round for me. I had a lucid dream before I knew about them. I didn’t know that it was a lucid dream at the time.
Now, my lucid dreams are slowly increasing in frequency. I find that although I know I am dreaming and I am in control, I am still feeling surprised by what happens. I didn’t expect to feel surprised each time - perhaps when I gain full control this might go away.

I, too, have found that what I want to do when I am lucid is different to what I thought I wanted to do when I was awake. I am beginning to recall more and more from real life when I am LDing - I could recall nothing with my first few.

Each new lucid dream is a learning experience and I am surprised how different they all are.

Well, that’s enough of my thoughts. Anyone else?

Sometimes I succeed in things, sometimes I don’t, even when I expect to. So LD’s still have the ability to surprise…

I expected my first LD to be just like normal life expect perhaps less attention to certain things, and things with a less solid nature (more fluid).

And I got what I expected…