Kick A$$ synchronicity!! (you should read this)

The event I’m going to account is by far the strangest thing ever to happen and I want to know if anything like it has ever happened to anyone else.

It started with a dream (duh) with very low level lucidity. I didn’t know I was dreaming but I could control my actions. Anyway I was taking a power nap before my next class and sometime in the middle of it a crow outside my window would not shutup. So in my dream I had decided to go shoot this crow who wouldn’t stop crowing. I took this air rifle with me and I’m standing near a tree trying to sight the crow. I can’t see it but I sure can hear it. So I’m waiting and then it takes off, and I take my shot. I hit the bird but don’t kill it. It keeps flying and only stumbled in flight and sqwuaked. And a feather fell from its wing. After the nap I told my friend about it. Then realized I was supposed to find a crow feather, the feather from the bird I shot because it was important. Well later that day when I was returning to my dorm clear as day right in front of me was a crow feather. So now I physically have this crow feather from my dream.

Has anybody ever had a similar experience or any advice for me or an explanation of what the feather is/means I would be very interested to hear it.

Thanks
Brendan

Hmm… I have never had a similar experience (where a dream manifests itself).

I doubt the feather has any meaning, and that you only found it because you were focused on finding one sub conciously. Perhaps you should find the crow in a lucid dream and ask it what the feather means (and of course say sorry for shooting it! :content: )

Thanks for the advice. It did occur to me that subconciously I would be looking for the feather, but the way it just happened to be in front of me on the path I take everyday seemed like I didn’t have to do much on my part. I’ve also been trying to seek advice in my dreams but I’m still learning how to control my lucidity, its very random. I find chaining to be my most effective method but I don’t have time in the mornings to do that all the time. Anyway if I make further progress I’ll keep the updates posted here.

Jung calls this synchronicity. The hows, whys and wherefores aren’t really important, it’s the feeling of it.

“But how dost thou know what thou willst?” - Me.

I have heard of synchronicity before, but don’t know much about it other than some people call it coincedence.

Sorry to be so practical, but is it possible that you saw the feather on the path before you dreamed about it - so it caught your attention the next time you walked there?

I’m not saying that I doubt you becuase I have had similar things happen in my dreams. I just always look for the most logical solutions first.

There’s nothing wrong with being a skeptic, but I’m pretty sure (not 100%) that the feather was not there before, as it was in the middle of a heavy traffic sidewalk. So I don’t think it could have stayed there long without getting moved or damaged. Nor do I think anyone intentionally placed it there because I had only told one person about the dream and live 5 states away. The feather was just there. And I’m getting frustrated since I haven’t had any dreams since then that have told me anything new.

Are there many crows where you live? Do you see feathers often? Perhaps you could see how many times out of 20-30 there is a crow feather on the path you take everyday. Then you could see how much chance there was of this happening. If there are no feathers in 20-30 days then i guess you had a pretty rare experience.

As far as I know there aren’t a lot of crows. I never see them around and only hear them occasionally and that is the only crow feather I’ve seen in my month here.

i’m having synchronicitys all the times. But somehow I forget most of them…as if there would be an invisible force clearing my memory…it’s weird…

That was beautiful and inspiring, I congratulate you!

I have synchronistic experiences all the time. I was trying to recall, a few weeks ago, what the name and location of a specific, supposedly, haunted house was. I have always wanted to visit it since I had heard about it on a tv special. Well, I couldn’t come up with the name. A week later I am in the book store randomly looking through some periodicals and I come across a story about the exact house. The Winchester Mansion in California. The woman built numerous additions on to her home to confuse the spirits of people that her families guns had killed.

Anyway, things like this happen to me all the time. I will have a question and the answer will find its way to me without further searching on my part.

This is just my 2 cents;
I think the crow could have been your spirit guide, and maybe it was trying to tell you something?
sounds very nice though, too bad you shot at it? maybe you should have tried to talk to it first?

The way you describe the persistence of the crow’s cawing made me fairly sure of my rational interpretation. I think there must have been some real life audio stimulus.

I had dreams about seagulls frquently and wondered why then one time I woke up and I could hear them. I realised that it’s quite common for seagulls to be making the noise a seagull makes outside my room in the early morning.

So, a crow or a few crows were fighting, foraging, or doing whatever it is that crows do, outside your dorm while you were asleep. And one lost a feather. Possibly whatever it was that made the feather fell out made your synchronous friend caw all the louder. Or maybe there were just a bunch of crows hanging about.

Either way it seems like real life and dreams interacting.

Crow drops feather and makes a noise
Noise causes dream about the crow
Dreamer picks up crow feather

I find that a pleasing chain of events.
Is there any reason why this is not the case?

bowelfish has a good point (but what a nickname!): I once had a dream where I heard the music being played in the TV that’s right next to my room.

But yeah, it’s a nice story :happy:

Brendan–

I just read through the post and realized something interesting. We have the same name (It brings joy to my heart seeing it spelled the “right” way :smile: ). More importantly, I’m quite sure Brendan means Raven, which is very similar to a Crow. I like the thought of the Crow being your spirit guide much more than just subconcious workings, but who knows. Just thought I’d make sure you knew.

• Brendan

I’ve had similar experiences but not so scary (in a good way of course)

I had a dream where i was in the showers at a school or work place, and i ran my hand through my hair. And on doing so i pulled out about 5 strands of long hair and was holding them in my hand.

On waking i found that i indeed was holding 5 strands of my own long hair. The strange part being i had shaved my hair off 3 days earlier, i had also changed the bed sheets at the same time, so the chance of the hair being in my bed was slim. yet there they were 5 strands of my long hair apparently out of know where.

• Other than that, i have only had pain or sensations follow me from dream to waking… assuming of course this is the waking world :wink:

I think you acted out your dream, insane_goth. It does not have to be a synchronity effect. Anyway, this effect is really strange. Once I saw report about it on tv…they said, sinychronicity psychology will be a universal science in the future.

I have to admit that I had both, pleasant and horrible experiences with synchronicity effects:

I was on a walk with a friend of mine. We arrived at a local train station and stopped at the exit. It was pretty cold, but we decidet to talk a little. After approx. 20 minutes, my friend said

“What would you do if some idiots were arriving? What would they do if they’d start insulting me?”

I answered

“I’d go and ask you to follow me”

Guess what happened 2 minutes later!!
A train arrived at the station, a group of skinheads got out…two of them walked towards us. One of them had a wooden slat in his hand. Then he started asking my friend:

“Do you have anything against nazis?”

After he’d hit my friends several times, he answered “no”, to avoid a fight

Fortunately, we could escape…horrible

The result of the story: Your thoughts are very powerful. They’re able to change reality.

Watch out :eh: