A whole day of LD thought- can you do it?

I was wondering if anyone has tried to spend a whole day either thinking about LDs or doing reality checks. If so what were the results? Does anyone want to do this, i know that some people on this board have a lot of time on their hands.

I often have dreams relating to about 2 days before. So maybe if anyone tried this andit didn’t work they could go for 2 days, increasing the chance of getting an LD.

I have tried this for about 2 hours, but no LD. I would like to know if anyone has got this technique to work?

going a sold 8-12 hours thinking about lds would take alot of diligence. i have done something close to this by doing lots of rc’s during the day and i guess i had thought of lds all day just not as continually as i think your getting at.

remember, trying to hard can serve as a mental block.
your brain will probably want to rest on the ld thought in sleep.
just let the ld thought come to you naturally. letting it come naturally seems to mean that you thought about ld’ing when you needed to.

There’s no way I could get even close to that. My mind wanders too much.

I’m on vacancy at the moment, so i could spend more time on it as i ususally could. I made RCs, tried to imagine that i’m dreaming, thought about it before i went to sleep, read about it in the internet and posted in this forum.
It took me one week to have an LD and i’m very happy about this.
So i think a diligent occupation can have a positive effect, but as already mentioned you should not try too hard (somehow i did not).

In hope of further LDs,
Amoebe

Trying hard always seems to mean there is a certain amount of frustration involved, effort, etc. This is definitely something that should be done continuously but without strain. It is actually fun, but as Monitor pointed out it is hard to do because the mind wanders. At least that has been my experience. But I have found a strong correlation between the amount of time spent staying lucid in real life and having LD’s.

A Zen buddhist story:

A monk goes to see the master. After he enters the room, the master asks him, “Can you remember on what side of the door you left your stick?” The monk cannot remember and returns to the monastery for training.

I’d say “let me check” and hit him with the stick. :grrr:

Well said Dust Mote:)

Thanks Jack :content:

Now you see Monitor, it’s that kink of attitude that will get you sent back to the monastery, and that will keep your mind a wandering. It only seems impossible. Practice, practice, practice…think happy thoughts… :grin:

The monastery story is actually very real. If you can’t remember what you did 5 seconds ago, how you gonna remember to get Lucid?

I’ll store my intention to LD in my long-term memory :happy:

I had a great ‘lucid’ few minutes today. :smile: I was walking to work and as I entered the park it was like the moment you enter a lucid dream. I could hear the birds, smell the morning air and see all of the beauty around me. It was great while it lasted.

Now, I’ve just got to work on extending the time period…

Yes,I am quite sure it is possible to practice lucid living (as we called these lucid moments in waking life before).I am already getting better at it, but I doubt that I will ever manage to do LL all the time.It is nice to be in that state of mind,so “practice” isn´t much of work, I did it without the intention to get better.But it needs concentration, and therefore it is sort of mind-exhausting (although it can be a refreshment…).I don´t think I have enough power to concentrate for, let´s say, several hours.But several minutes are a good start :wink:

Traumgänger

Yes, that’s it.
When i do LL i walk around in the house and try to go outside as often as possible. It’s easier to do it there.