Miracle grow

Is miracle grow safe to use on plants that you will later consume?

Also will miracle grow be good to use on my Calea plant? Will the higher nutrients make higher oneirgenic effect when using it?

What do you think?

Yes it is completely safe. Now what you should worry about are pesticides. I have used pesticides on Marijuana plants, and not had any problems. As a precaution don’t use any chemicles for a couple of weeks “before” harvest, to be sure.

Isn’t there a natural pesticide where you just crush garlic cloves into water and spray the leaves to keep bogs from eating it?

that, capsicum, crysanthemum, wormwood, citronella, and lemon grass all contain natural pesticides. Crysanthemum is the best.

Interesting, natural pesticides, I don’t have much experinece in this field. However it sounds interesting. I assume their may be many, do a search on the NET and see what you find. The garlic pesticide sounds vaguely familular. I bet there are many concoctions out there. If possible grow indoors, although there are many things you can do outdoors as well, such as duct-tape around the stalk to prevent pests, and daily inspect your plants. If you live in a dry climate you may not need pesticides or if you have rich soil you may not need Miracle-grow, etc, however I would recommend this just to be safe.

Also folier feeding (nutrition through the plants leaves, spraying) is important as well, also pruning can be “very” important with some plant species.

Also use rabbit fencing etc, remember if possible a greenhouse would be the best growing measure.

There are many good books on growing. One of my favorites, although maybe a little out of what you are doing, however a bad-ass book worth reading and can be applied to many growing situations. A very good book for plant nutrution, hydro, greenhouse, even outdoor situations, not only for Marijuana:

psykedelbok.se/mj_growers_insiders.html

Yes, you can use it and still be safe, i think its a fertilizer so it can’t be harmfull for future consumption. I say that b/c i have seen it, and my mom owns a garden center, but just to be extra safe, ask a bontanist.(i don’t know if that is the right field)

I just thought of this… you need to make sure you have the appropriate chemical food for the calea plant. It’s not a tomato, ya know. :smile: It’s actually in the ragweed family.

Well all I know is that the Calea plant loves the Miracle grow, I just wonder if it will boost the chemicas used in the oneirgenic effect and maybe boost the lucidity rate. I have had great success with Calea Zacatechichi BUt I can’t for life of me remember where I bought the herbs from. Now I bought the plant from Legendary Botanicals and I haven’t harvested yet…I’m kinda affraid because I am not a botonists and I am affriad that it isn’t what it claims to be(calea) however it looks like the plant on the internet compared to those photos…

I dunno…

Miracle Grow is CRAP
It is fine for your houseplants, but if you are goint to consume plants and do not want to get cancer from them, use an organic product (fish emulsion) to fertalize. There is a leaf growing phase then a bloom phase, and you will use two different types of fertalizers for this. It all depends on what you consider to be “safe.” Over the past 100 years the soil in the US has become weak. Pesticides and chemical fertalizers are taking their toll, on the plants as well as our bodies. Unfortunately most of the produce you buy in the grocery store has dangerous chemicals that will eventually cause cancer. Organic products are the way to go. They cost more, but that is because thay take more care to produce than just spraying them with dangerous chemicals. If you are smoking weed, the organics are the way to go here, too. NEVER use miracle grow on marijuana, it tasets like crap and is unhealthy. Use the fish emulsion for anything that you plan to eat or smoke! You can get it at Home Dopot and just about anywhere you get garden supplies, and is easy to use. Suport your local organic farmers!!!

I do agree with you Astral Traveler, but I have not seen any noticeable effects from miracle grow or pesticide being used on Marijuana. But these at times can be very subtle. Of course, organic is the way to go just to be on the safe side.

I found using fertilizers (or even pesticides) outdoors may be more healthy for plants because in an outdoor environment the compounds are broken down quickly because of the high oxygen and nutrient soil, and air. Of course, greenhouse growing is the best because of the controlled environment and the abundant oxygen, and the space for growth, it depends on what is being accomplished.

Yes if one reads labels in stores, it is amazing what is in bottled chemicals, not to mention our food, or even our water. If you cannot pronounce it, it may be best to keep clear of it.

P.S. it is good to see more food that is organic in stores as of late. If you really think about it, it does make sense to not use pesticides on food we are going to eat, or any smokeable item. I do believe people are catching on to this.

But as far as genetic engineering plants for bug deterrents are a bad story because we do not know enough about genetics. This is a bad idea and many companies are jumping full throttle into this as I write.

This particular health issue does tie into Lucid Dreaming because health is important. Food, chemicals, health are not to be underestimated, just as the enviroment of which WE ALL LIVE.

I believe there is a version of Miracle Grow that is made specifically for edible plants. Maybe you should look into that.

:cool_laugh: I drank Miracle Gro one time cuz my mom put it in a big lemonade glass and i thought it was koolaid :mrgreen_hat: , then i realized it didnt have a taste…so i added suger. :crazy: :rofl: