Importent question about a dream diary

If instead of writing a dream diary, every morning i will just open a new Word document, or NotePad or WordPad in my computer and i will write all my dreams from the night, and then i will close the computer without saving what i have wrote! will it still be effective as writting a normal dream diary? will it increase my dreams memory as a normal dreams diary? becouse after all it’s all something psychologically, so maybe if i delete the dreams i wrote from my computer then it will not be effective as saving it as a file?? ( and this way taking a chance that someone will read it… i don’t want that… )

LucidGuess

If you know that you are going to delete the files anyway, you probably won’t be very motivated to write them down. There are also other advantages of saving your dream reports, for example only if you have a lot of reports you will see what are the most occuring dreamsigns in your dreams.

Hi
You can try it, but I would save the dreams (at least for a while).
If you don´t want them to be seen:

Search for a place on the computer that no one will open.I am sure there are plenty of them on your computer, with such strange names that you don´t even know what they are for.Save your dreams there, and give them stupid names like “Id38gf”.You can also activate the “hide” option.

Or you just get yourself some paper :wink:

Traumgänger

I think I know what you mean, LucidGuess. If I am right, you are just tired of having to write structured lines, and just want to write notes without having to think of future reference. I think it would have a negative effect, because you will then send a negative signal to you subconsisous about that your dreams are not important. You could give it a shot, however.

Thank you all for the answers, I AM going to write all my dreams with as much details as i can remember, the only reason that i don’t want to save it is becouse i don’t want people around to read my dreams, i think it’s something very personal, so i want to keep it to myself.

But i did got some good idea here like saving it with a strange name like “pfd590.rft” or something like that in a secret place on the hard disk…

:grin:

What i also can do is write a small C++ program that take a secret password i enter and use it to mix the dreams diary file to some kind of a “Garbage” file that you can’t understand, and that use the same password to take this garbage file and make it readible again!

That’s it! thank you all! :cheesy:

LucidGuess