Riddles

ulrik_tr : three socks, when the only is two colors you will always have two of the same color when you have three.

ok new riddle

on my book shelf i have three books, the first is
“exploring the world of lucid dreaming” is has 250 pages,to the right of that is
“the tibetan yogas of dream and sleep” with 200 pages,and to the right of that is a book called “drømmenes dimensioner” which has 400 pages.
the front and back coveres of all the books is 4 mm thick and each page is 0,5 mm.

inside the front cover of the first book is a worm, now the problem is ,if the worm eats its way from EWLD to just inside the back cover of “drømmenes dimensioner” how far does it trave ? l(it moves in a straigt line)

hmm… 116mm ?

Btw. Are you from Denmark?

I got 441 mm…
(0.5250)+4+4+(2000.5)+4+4+(400*0.5)

but there has to be some trick, I don’t think this is a math probelm…

I say the worm falls asleep while going through EWLD and only DREAMS that he made it to the other end of the books… :content:

Another riddle…
On a gameshow, you are given the choice to pick one of three doors. Behind two are goats and behind one is the car of your choice. Obviously, you want the car. So, you pick a door at random. With this door in mind, the gameshow host reveals to you one of the doors that has goats behind it. You are given an offer to change your door (which you have no idea what is behind it) to the other one that is not yet open.

Do you stay on the door you are on or change to the other one that isn’t open yet?

kmcdonald - There would be a 50-50% chance for that the door of your choice would reveal goats or the car of your dreams, so wouldn’t it really be the same which door you would choose?

Oh, wait a minute - We would have to think about what’s in the hosts interest. He obvisiously wants us to make the wrong choice (cars are expensive you know), so if the door we choose, would reveal goats, then he would tell it with once, so we won’t change our mind and make the right decision. So it means that we have the door with the car, and the host tries to make us change our mind. So maybe sticking to the same door would be the best choice… Maybe I am absolutely wrong here, but it’s worth a try :wiske:

The host is essentially a robot. No emotions/self-interest involved.

Simply:
You pick a door.
The host opens one of the two doors that you did not pick to reveal a goat.
You can now either change doors to the one left over, or stay on the one you are on.
The host finally opens the door you decided upon (either change or stay) and reveals to you your prize.

Iam back and i got a killer riddle

There is a man who is running away from a pack of hungry wolves if he turns around he will die. Thereis a bridge with a half a mile gap in the middle. How does he get across without dieing? :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool: :happy:

Hmm… maybe he swims across the river that it is supposed to cross?

Jesta,

There are several types of gaps that could fit the riddle, maybe the gap extends a half mile but is a few inches wide, or it goes across the road part of the bridge but not the railing, and the guy can climb the railing. But i just noticed you didnt say whats under the bridge…maybe its a lake and he can run around it.

There once was a man who was very, very rich. He had two sons and he said that when he died only one of his sons would get all of his money. When he died, he left his sons a note, it said that they were to ride their horses into town, and whatever horse got there last, that son would get all of his money. So they started on their journey going very slowly into town. After a few weeks they became very sick and tired, but neither one wanted to get there first. One day they met an old wise man and they told him their problem. He replied, “I know the answer to your problem…”

What did he say?

I also got another one:
One day a king who really loved chess died. Before he died, he told his twosons to play chess for half of their lives. One refused, not knowing how
long he is going to live. But the other accepts. How is he going to
fulfill his father’s orders?

Perhaps they are meant to all go into town at once, or decide that it is best for them to share the money and make a deciscion that they will all go in and whoever is rewarded the money will split it with the others.

The other one is easier: play chess half of the day every day.

Hi
I think the man advices them to change horses, then it is a race.

Traumgänger

that one about the gap in the bridge reminded me of this one.

There’s this bridge going across a valley. It costs… uhh thinks of something let’s say… €500 to get across. Half way, there’s a hut with a watchman in it.

It takes you an hour to get across the bridge and every 30 minutes, the watchman checks to see if anyone is going across.

How do you get across? :grin:

and no, it doesn’t involve shooting the watchman or anything, and you can’t drive a car across the bridge.

I don’t know if this is right but do you just pay the watchman €500? And then he’ll let you across.

No, lets just say you were mugged before reaching the bridge.

and no, that’s not a clue, it’s nothing to do with a mugging.

you start waking when there is 20 min to the next check, when 20 min has past and the watchman cimes to check, you turn around and do as if you are waking the other way, he will think you payed the last time he checked. when he goes back in the hut you turn around and walk over the bridge ???

Sleeper… you almost got it… you have the right idea but… it’s not exactly that.

Ok this is what you do, you start walking and then half an hour later you turn around, then the watchman thinks you came from the other side without paying, so then he tells you to get back there.

Riddle me this, riddle me that, listen to Grooves riddle…

A man and his sun got in to a car accident , the police rushed to his car as fast as they could but when they got there ,there was blood everywhere but no sighn of the man where did he go

Jesta: The man and his son crashed with somebody else, and drove off again? :grin:

Edit: Or they weren’t hurted at all and ran from the car? :grin: And somebody else got badly hurt?

Ah well try this one on for size…

i am my father’s son’s sister

I am also my brother’s brother

who am I?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :eh: :eh: :bored: :grin: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: